Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So a little back story on this boat another gentleman had this boat and stripped it to rig another flats boat, I found it on craigslist in Corpus Christi and made a deal for it and the trailer. The only thing left in this boat was the seats and the original console and a rats nest of wiring. The front starboard Sponson had multiple mounting holes drilled in from old trolling motors and the transom had a few bulkhead fitting holes in it that were not going to be used for the re-rig, Kevin at Fiber-Tex in Corpus Christi took care of the glass work and did an awesome job, the console was to far gone from all the different equipment that had been mounted in it over the years to justify spending the money it would have taken to fix it, again Kevin to the rescue he had a brand new un-cut Jx2 console from a Majek Boat, I picked it up when the glass Work was finished. I bought a Triton TR20DC for a donor boat, which had a 2015 Mercury Pro XS 215 hrs, Dual Blade 10 Power Poles with the outboard mounts, New Tires, New Batteries, Gen 3 HDS 9, Gen 2 HDS 7, I pilot Trolling motor, Mercury Vessel Link, and to many other things to list cost was about 10K. So I started rigging the boat about 2 months ago, I stripped out everything that was remaining. The old wiring was by far not even safe or useable and I should point out this is no way a reflection on Eric Simmons its just the from the DIYer's and Hacks that had worked on it adding odds and ends to the boat over the years. Making and installing a new wiring harness was the most time consuming aspect of this Re-Rig so far, it is all done in 14 AWG Tinned Marine Wire and Labeled as seen in one of the Above Photos all connections were made with adhesive heat shrink connectors and adhesive heat shrink tubing and scotchkote all the wiring looms were sheathed with Flex Flame Retardant Braided Sheathing, an added benefit is that it made pulling the wire through the under deck conduit a breeze. Its Equipped with 3 Bilge Rule Automatic Bilge Pumps Port Center and Starboard and a Livewell Fill Pump and a Livewell Aerator Pump, The Steering is a Seastar Pro with Tilt and new hoses the shift and throttle new also, added underwater drain plug lights, all new compartment lights NMEA 2000 at the console and a run to the Bow for Trolling Motor and GPS, Every component has its own dedicated Switch and Breaker, Ditched the Key Start Ignition and went with a Stop Start Run Switch, added the Lenco Trim Tabs, it Originally had a Bobs Jack Plate and the Bass Boat had an Atlas Jack Plate that I installed, Note top holes for both Jack Plates Lined up Bottom Holes did not so instead of drilling more holes in the Transom the atlas got 2 new Holes drilled in it every bit of he hardware was replaced with new 316 stainless steel hardware I ordered a lot extra hardware but about 400.00 covered it all rewired the trailer lights same way i did the boat harness added a couple of extra side lights for highway compliance. Currently working under the console wiring up the console components which include the Kill switch, Jack Plate, Trim Tabs, VHF, Sonic Hub, Gauges, HDS and all the other little odds and ends, Switch Plates and Breaker panel are being done by New Wire Marine, still waiting on those.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3243.JPG 
Views:	20 
Size:	103.9 KB 
ID:	467653 another Transom Shot
    Note Double sided tape stuck on your levels and your levels stuck to the bottom of the hull makes set up for trim tabs a piece of cake used a spacer on top of the level to get the offset perfect then added another spacer on the end to get the mounting height for the cylinder perfect
    Last edited by DOUBLETROUBLE SS; 06-12-2020 at 07:25 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok so the engine rigging hose has been a PIA first ordered the Johnny Cash Universal (2 inch didn't fit to small 2nd ordered the 3 Inch didn't fit to big finally broke down called mercury and got a (2.5 inch) its not here yet hope it fits.

Also I believe by the time I finish this boat I am going to own every size Milwaukee Hole saw bit up to 6 inches or so

Little trick I found works great for measuring unknown Hydraulic steering hoses and shift and throttle cables. I used a piece of PEX plumping pipe pulled through the hull cut it off laid it on the floor and ordered to the nearest foot on the plus side worked great.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone needing or wanting some one off machine work PM a friend I grew up with does one off stuff in his home garage and lives near Tampa his work is impeccable

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks great, should be an awesome rig!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok had to go back to work my Covid 19 vacation ended. I will get some more stuff finished this weekend.
    Still have the following items to complete

Stern and Transom
    1. Rig the Engine
    2. Mount the Power Poles and Power Pole Pumps
    3. Pull Speaker Wire
    4. Install Stern Hatches

Console
    1. Install the Switches and Breakers
    2. Install the Gauges and Wiring
    3. finish mounting Sonic Hub and Speakers and amp
    4. finish NMEA backbone
    5. Misc wiring
    6. Clean the Deck where the Console goes
    7. Mount the battery Trays and Batteries
    8. install the Battery Switch
    9. Install the Battery Charging System
    10. run Complete System Check
    11. Glue and screw console to floor
    12. Plumb the rod holders the Cup Holders and the center console ice chest drains
    13.Drink some Woodford Reserve Dbl Oaked Bourbon

Plan is to Rig it, Shake it Down, Run it the rest of this season and the tear it down for Paint or Wrap in the late winter or early spring and put a Mercury 300R on it and some Sea Dek in it
    Last edited by DOUBLETROUBLE SS; 06-16-2020 at 05:24 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Subscribed.
    Great project!
    Thank you for sharing

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok installed the Gauges and wiring, Rod Holders Port side, and rigged the engine this weekend
    Last edited by DOUBLETROUBLE SS; 06-23-2020 at 01:04 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3317 (3).jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	277.2 KB 
ID:	468210 Gauge Harness Wiring Pics upside down
    Last edited by DOUBLETROUBLE SS; 06-23-2020 at 07:41 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

11. Likes tnelsmn liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2