Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They are on the dead end of Morton Street here in Jax. I am afraid they are going to retire before too long since they have been Merc Master Mechanics for 45 years.

"Confidence" is that wonderful feeling you had right before you fully understood your true situation.- Unknown
    I don’t know what effect these men will have upon the enemy, but, by God, they terrify me.- Duke of Wellington
    “I am not afraid of an Army of lions lead by a sheep; I am afraid of sheep lead by a lion.” – Alexander the Great
    Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons.-Douglas MacArthur

Allison GSE 300XS

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    merc 2.5 there are not enough threads showing inside your case to accommodate a hipo lock ring which are quite a bit thicker and twice as easy to cross thread , so water/ oil combo has pushed the carrier out enough to spit lock ring and keeper plate. i currently have 6 of these thick lock rings and 8 hipo carriers im going to sell off!! some of the carriers are in different states of it needs something like seals or bearing which i have 6 new bearing, also 2 of them are tm or cle which are shorter then sporty carriers, i would not even consider running this lower unit with out taking it apart but thats just me too bad you dont live close i would take it down for you no charge

3. Thanks Merc 2.5 thanked for this post
    Likes Dave Strong liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TEXAS20225 View Post
    merc 2.5 there are not enough threads showing inside your case to accommodate a hipo lock ring which are quite a bit thicker and twice as easy to cross thread , so water/ oil combo has pushed the carrier out enough to spit lock ring and keeper plate. i currently have 6 of these thick lock rings and 8 hipo carriers im going to sell off!! some of the carriers are in different states of it needs something like seals or bearing which i have 6 new bearing, also 2 of them are tm or cle which are shorter then sporty carriers, i would not even consider running this lower unit with out taking it apart but thats just me too bad you dont live close i would take it down for you no charge
    Well what if I was to ship it to u , u see exactly what it needs. Possibly fix it ,Possibly not and I pay ship back. And of course if it gets fixed what ever that involves , if worth fixin? After a good cleanin and put a old lock ring in it and seem to do good. But would let u make that call
    I'd pay ya either way. James said he would look at it for me but he rather not fool with lowers unless he has to
    Last edited by Merc 2.5; 10-18-2020 at 07:52 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    first of all im not rebuilding lowers for the public any more and have not in a few years and would tear it down as a favor for you if it was carried to me by you and then a hey Bobby take a look at this and see what you think !! it only takes a few minutes to scatter one of these but the shipping is very pricy these days not to mention what could happen to it on either trip to or from the last one i did was for a guy in Fla. and i built a wooden shipping crate for it but the shipper totally destroyed the crate and busted the skegg on the case so its always a gamble to ship one unless its on a pallet and shipped common carrier then it has to be hand carried to a terminal by me no one picks up from my shop anymore .Say i did do it then it turns out it has to have the threads rewelded and recut i would have to ship it to somebody then back to for me assembly then back to you man that a lot of what if's and maybe's .in my way of thinking thats a lot of chances to gamble on a gear case if all bearings are bad due to water contamination then the repair and rebuild and shipping would be more then its worth

6. Likes Dave Strong, phillnjack liked this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3