Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need help wiring solenoids on trim pumps!

I am replacing the trim solenoids on my twin Mercury 300XS trim pumps Old set just clicked. Installed new ones on port engine and it’s silent, no action.Checked 20 amp fuse on pomp motor and it appears fine Followed my pictures exactly as it was previously wired. Compared this wiring to the port engine (which works up and down) and they are wired differently. Redid starboard Wiring to match port and still does not work or even click.

Any suggestions,wiring diagrams or pics greatly appreciated. Frustrating experience on the trailer this weekend😡

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trim Switch?

Quote Originally Posted by Catarocket View Post
    I am replacing the trim solenoids on my twin Mercury 300XS trim pumps Old set just clicked. Installed new ones on port engine and it’s silent, no action.Checked 20 amp fuse on pomp motor and it appears fine Followed my pictures exactly as it was previously wired. Compared this wiring to the port engine (which works up and down) and they are wired differently. Redid starboard Wiring to match port and still does not work or even click.

Any suggestions,wiring diagrams or pics greatly appreciated. Frustrating experience on the trailer this weekend😡
    Try jumping the battery power supply to the solenoid and see of the solenoid activates and runs pump? The trim switch at the helm may be the problem.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the idea...i did as you suggested and the solenoid/pump works fine. Now to figure out what i have done wrong on the wiring!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trubleshooting Info -

Quote Originally Posted by Catarocket View Post
    Thanks for the idea...i did as you suggested and the solenoid/pump works fine. Now to figure out what i have done wrong on the wiring!
    If you still have problems with the wiring, try searching YouTube. I've found fixes to technical problems for everything from ice makers to newer model vehicles. YouTube has become my knowledge source for vehicle repair because Chilton and Haynes aren't publishing repair manuals like they used to. I have great respect for the people who took the time to publish their technical knowledge on YouTube. I've self trained on YouTube a ton.