Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    My fault .. I switched box's on ya ..

I saw no need to put 1800 hp in the first box , and no need to put 300 hp in the back one. If I did, I would never get there .. and if I did I wouldn't qualify for the show ..

As far as diesel's .. there are a few out there that are "rollin coal" . Was never my thing , but a few of them run amazingly well ..

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaz View Post
    My fault .. I switched box's on ya ..

I saw no need to put 1800 hp in the first box , and no need to put 300 hp in the back one. If I did, I would never get there .. and if I did I wouldn't qualify for the show ..

As far as diesel's .. there are a few out there that are "rollin coal" . Was never my thing , but a few of them run amazingly well ..

truck racing is where its at and no smoke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Do the smokeless entry's have pushrods and stripped sparkplugs ..???

Axein for a friend ..

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been a while but last time I was there the fastest thing at Le Mans was a diesel from Audi. It was much faster then anything else. No smoke and almost no noise. Could hear a slight whistle from the turbo and if you could not hear that you would think it was electric.

The coolest car was the Corvette. It held its own in its class, but what made it stand out was the roar of the V-8. Could hear it coming over everything else and it shook the ground when it went past.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SS Minnow View Post
    Been a while but last time I was there the fastest thing at Le Mans was a diesel from Audi. It was much faster then anything else. No smoke and almost no noise. Could hear a slight whistle from the turbo and if you could not hear that you would think it was electric.

The coolest car was the Corvette. It held its own in its class, but what made it stand out was the roar of the V-8. Could hear it coming over everything else and it shook the ground when it went past.
    Growing up as a kid .. I was told the thing that runs the fastest in France was .. the Army ..
    Sorry .. couldn't help it ..

Like I said .. I'm no diesel guy. The fast ones I've seen at the track, had nitrous, propane and were compound turbocharged. And yes, with the pumps turned up they "roll coal" . Stock cars from the factory can't look like a loaded semi tractor trailer going 10 mph wide open , up "Fancy Gap" in Virginia .. so they have had to work on their smokeless technology .. but fastest .. that's a stretch

This day and age of 1/8" only drag racing .. makes me glad I got out when I did. As well as given me a fondness of how they do it in Texas ..
    Standing start for a mile , mph only ...

Give a Georgia krakka like Steve Petty , Kuwaiti oil money .. and he'll make a whistle go 272 + in 1320 feet ..

Probably not the place to show up a Audi and a wad of $100's talkin about, I'll give anybody here the wiggle for whatever you wanna throw down …

I gotz my money on the silver diesel …

In the UK they seem to prefer petrol ..

Gotta give the boys in the home of Audi a little credit .. their tryin ..

Do you think they ever strip "glow plug" holes ....

6. Likes XstreamVking liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They were all vw's, they dont count

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaz View Post
    Growing up as a kid .. I was told the thing that runs the fastest in France was .. the Army ..
    Sorry .. couldn't help it ..

Like I said .. I'm no diesel guy. The fast ones I've seen at the track, had nitrous, propane and were compound turbocharged. And yes, with the pumps turned up they "roll coal" . Stock cars from the factory can't look like a loaded semi tractor trailer going 10 mph wide open , up "Fancy Gap" in Virginia .. so they have had to work on their smokeless technology .. but fastest .. that's a stretch

This day and age of 1/8" only drag racing .. makes me glad I got out when I did. As well as given me a fondness of how they do it in Texas ..
    Standing start for a mile , mph only ...

On one of my trips to Europe, I was staying in a B&B In Germany and an old German guy, Voehlker, that was in WW2 in the German Army told the joke "How many Frenchman does it take to defend Paris" and a group of about 15 went silent. A few seconds later he turned to his wife and said "See, nobody knows". I laughed, some others laughed, but not everybody. Still kind of a sore issue over there.

As far as the diesel goes, I am not a diesel guy either. I have no idea if they were running nitros or propane, but they were running turbos. That was they only sound they made as they blew past everyone else. It was something watching that Audi just fly past everything else there. They were truly in a class of their own. If I remember right, they were the only one in their class.

The position we had on the track was right after 2 sharp corners where they had to slow down, but it was maybe to about 60 mph or so. That diesel Audi came out of that corner like a raped ape with his nutt's set on fire.

This was our stands. The top of a semi-trailer and it had a good view of the track.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_1013.jpg 
Views:	180 
Size:	315.1 KB 
ID:	465948

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_1008.jpg 
Views:	187 
Size:	347.5 KB 
ID:	465949

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The American WWII veteran was stopped in the airport by the French police .. misère I need to see your passport immediately. We don't let just anybody in our country !
    The old man looked at the policeman and said … Last time I was here .. wasn't one of you SOB's in sight ..

Looked like a fun time .. ain't that a diesel powered grandstand ..

Prototype cars … Cadillac's swept both Sebring and Daytona in 2019 , ( China flu is winning in 2020 so far) and yes , they were all there …

OK .. enough fun ..

Time to get back to "boat heads" .. err .. sparkplug holes …

Like I said back on page # 1 , it's about the quality and size of the finished hole and the size tap used .. I ream the hole to .499" - .500" then tap the hole with a "D4" 14 x 1.25 tap. I got tired of the "wobbly plug" syndrome .. on a brand new hole. Something had to change in my program, and as always, your only as good as the tool's your using .. \

https://www.mscdirect.com/basicsof/taps

https://www.mscdirect.com/product/de...rItem=04993457

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerabout View Post
    They were all vw's, they dont count
    I didn't badge the vehicle's ..

This is VW ..err … Farfegnewgan

This is Audi … see the difference ..

Now what size tap does it take to make nice 14mm sparkplug threads ..

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vw owns audi skoda seat, same thing but different panels ontop for many models

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It's much worse than that ..

KDF peoplemover Auto Group ..
    (Volkswagen Aktiengesellinshizinschaftincustomers Group) own's :

Audi , Seat , Skoda , Porsche , Bentley and Bugatti . Since Audi owns Lambo and Ducati. Can we just call them all ... "Moreofthesameshizza"
    I heard thru the grapevine that most of their sub-companys have hired tennis shoe designer's and engineer's to produce those cars since they mostly look like last years Reebok's ..

More import to Americans ..
    Has Daimler-Benz put the "Chrysler Elephant" and a full size cut out of Lee Iacocca standing next to a POS K-car , loaded up with West-Bend toasters .. right beside a shot-up Panzer in their museum .. ???

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did this turn into another thread? Lol

Fwiw, any diesel running smokeless WILL make more power with some partially burned hydrocarbons coming from the pipe.

Now that I think about it, watch Mark Carlysles 3000hp ZO6 make a hit. It rolls coal and it’s a gas engine lol.

speaking of VW’s. I rented my time sert kit from “air cooled.com” or something like that. Fixed my Evinrude up and hit the water the same day. I can search for an invoice if you can’t find the site. It was $100 Returnable rent fee and like $5 for two inserts.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yes sir it did go around the world a bit .. hopefully it was some interesting reading .. while we did like Motel -6 and "left the light on for ya" or would ya rather open a thread only to find … Bump to the top .. ???

We're lazy, so you gotta provide a link .. not a topic to search the entire internet for ourselves … Mark Who ???

Thank's for adding your experience and adding a way for a guy to fix his stripped out plug hole without having to buy expensive tools …

Can I interest you in a slightly used V-Dubya wiff Audi fenders , seats from a Scud missle ..err .. Scoda~ria , Lambo gull wing doors , armrests made from Ducati seats , Bentley grill , and a Bugatti tear-drop deck lid , 1.6L jetta diesel .. and much - much , more ???

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3