Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Crazy yes. The sand bar in Lake George at juniper run is great, the sand bar at the mouth of the glen is good, the one on the east side of Lake George on the North end is hard packed sand and very nice, the one just North of Welaka is nice "no muck" and on a nice section of the river to watch boat activity. By the way this was the Glen today....Click image for larger version. 

Name:	g1.jpeg 
Views:	166 
Size:	191.9 KB 
ID:	466338Click image for larger version. 

Name:	g2.jpeg 
Views:	155 
Size:	151.2 KB 
ID:	466339Click image for larger version. 

Name:	g3.jpeg 
Views:	170 
Size:	187.1 KB 
ID:	466340Click image for larger version. 

Name:	g4.jpeg 
Views:	165 
Size:	251.6 KB 
ID:	466341so go ahead and buy your new place-

Joe

2. Thanks mr fun thanked for this post
    Likes stoker2001 liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    good news its back open , we just bought a house in deland and planning on going up to the glen often.can some one name some of the waterfront restaurants in that area ?

#2 iron from the Mayo clinic, Fla. / Blue Ridge, VA.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thats great news Joe ! I've never herd of those other places you named, just salt springs and the glen, you need to educate me on some local spots down there. sold my grandparents place in the mountains and am very interested in finding something down there to escape the city, don't want to off the grid type of deal, at least Palatka has a wal mart
    most overnite successes usually take at least 10 years

Certified turd polisher,

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by speedracer View Post
    good news its back open , we just bought a house in deland and planning on going up to the glen often.can some one name some of the waterfront restaurants in that area ?
    There are only 5 between Deland and Palatka,

Shady Oak - DeLand, South of RT44 - Never been there so can’t review
    St. John’s River Grille - DeLand North of RT44 - OK at best
    Blackwater Inn / Williams Landing - Astor - pretty good most of the time. Williams Landing (upstairs) is bar food, Blackwater Inn is old school Florida seafood and steak
    Renegades on the river - Crescent City - pretty good most of the time, gets busy on weekends with boat and motorcycle traffic.
    Corley Bell’s Seafood - Palatka - the best spot on the river IMHO, worth the trip.
    Mark

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Welaka lodge,-Welaka Andersens lodge-Welaka (supposed to be re-opening soon)- Shrimp are us-Welaka (just a walk up the hill from the public docks). Castaways in Astor is supposed to be coming back soon (just S. of the Astor bridge on the East side), Gwens at Lunker Lodge in Georgetown (North end of lake George East of the Island) Beef O'Bradys in Palatka (just under the bridge on the West side). Lots of places to explore on this stretch of the river.

I ordered pizza from Pizza over Yonder and had it delivered to the dock at Castaways yesterday (great dinner as we putted South to the Deland ramp.

Joe

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Joe, once things are back to semi normal we’ll check them out. Somewhat obscure but I like that.

as for castaways, there was another person who opened a place there then closed because the marina owners, who own the liquor license on the property, wouldn’t let them use it as they had originally agreed to. The building needs a lot of work, I’d be surprised if castaways came back but would welcome it. I’d much rather go to dinner by boat vs. car when we are there.
    Mark

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mjw930 View Post
    There are only 5 between Deland and Palatka,

Shady Oak - DeLand, South of RT44 - Never been there so can’t review
    St. John’s River Grille - DeLand North of RT44 - OK at best
    Blackwater Inn / Williams Landing - Astor - pretty good most of the time. Williams Landing (upstairs) is bar food, Blackwater Inn is old school Florida seafood and steak
    Renegades on the river - Crescent City - pretty good most of the time, gets busy on weekends with boat and motorcycle traffic.
    Corley Bell’s Seafood - Palatka - the best spot on the river IMHO, worth the trip.
    I've been to Corky Bells in Palatka, fishing, good food and views, I also saw an alligator in the water, do you ever worry about getting eaten while at these sandbars??? It is a nice area.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Glenn was great yesterday. There were close to 75 boats and jet skis there. We tried to eat at Corky Bells in Palatka but there was a complete power failure in East Palaka. We then tried to find a Restaurant in West Palatka but none had room for our party of 14 people. We had to come all the back to Orange park to find some where for us to eat.
    We were going to the Suwannee today but the weather stank, hopefully we will have a chance to take out the boat or the Jet Skis this week before we die of boredom.

"Confidence" is that wonderful feeling you had right before you fully understood your true situation.- Unknown
    I don’t know what effect these men will have upon the enemy, but, by God, they terrify me.- Duke of Wellington
    “I am not afraid of an Army of lions lead by a sheep; I am afraid of sheep lead by a lion.” – Alexander the Great
    Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons.-Douglas MacArthur

Allison GSE 300XS

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3