Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well after much experimenting and never being able to hit the "sweet spot" with any prop. Every prop would either run really good on top and blow out on take off, or hook up on take off but not run out because the motor was set too low. So it appear's to me that motor height is so super critical that it's difficult to find a good spot to compromise. Based on that I ordered a Bob's 14" hydraulic jack plate, hopefully that solves the issues....will find out next week

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That will solve your problem!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I ran the proto type I mentioned earlier, its a 5 blade (signature) only one of its kind as of now (its a threw hub, not over like i mentioned). It's 15" dia, has blades more like a cleaver, it looks like a cleaver/bravo lab/ cross genetic infused monster.

Very interesting results. The boat was lazy winding up coming out of the hole (PVS hole could fix), but then when it broke over on plane it blew out and fell off pad, and this was at 1" above pad. So eased into it, got it on plane and I could only turn it 5820 rpm but I figured this was due to only being 1" above pad. But was running 84.7 at 5820 which is crazy low slip, so I'm curious what this thing could do at around 1-1/2 - 1-3/4 above but can never get there do to the blow out issue.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I ordered a 14" Bob's Hydraulic jack plate, I'll post my results after I get the jack plate and run it.
    Last edited by owenssw; 06-01-2020 at 02:02 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Owenssw -- Wish I would have found this post before posting my own experiences. The conditions you described are "EXACTLY" what I'm running into with my new 250R. It isn't flashed, all stock. 12 inch Bobs Hyd w/2 inch spacers. 29 Bravo1xs w/cup added. I'm in Texas so I too talked to CD and was told he set up a 20 footer to run mid 90s. He wanted me to bring it to him to work on the setup?? I dropped down to 1 inch below the pad hoping to get some more bow lift but the ass end still wants to wonder around and it feels like it will blow out at any second. Steering feels like nothing is there. Hit the pedal and the whole boat twists to the right. Chop the throttle and it twists to the left.

So it's been awhile since you made this post I can only assume you got it figured out. So, what did you find to get the ass end off that sheet of plywood???

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2