Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Forkin' Crazy View Post
    Some people shouldn't have animals. I think an anonymous call to the animal control/the authorities would be justified.
    I have..asshole was leaving his little dog out in the freezing cold...was below zero and 2' of snow that night..
    all night tied up (well he thought he was) I went and took the dog in for the night..
    He was a drunk so not sure if he passed out but didn't care..
    I know he was a drunk it was an apt building we built my uncle had in VT, I kept apt for skiing..
    Woke up in the morning told him if I saw it again was calling animal protection that he was doing it repeatedly..
    Never saw him do it again but called animal protection again and just asked to watch him and between that and and telling neighbors think he realized he better treat the dog better... Still a fu... G asshole
    Last edited by mrichartz; 05-05-2020 at 03:19 PM.
    LETS GO BRANDON.... LETS GO BRANDON

Sometimes I talk to myself...then we both just laugh and laugh

'84 Checkmate Convincor

2. Likes SS Minnow, Forkin' Crazy, CDave liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SS Minnow View Post
    Yeah, the area I am in is not the same as the Michigan where Nit-Whitmer is calling the shots. It is also very different from the majority of mid sized cities in Wisconsin. For the most part, our factories are deemed essential with the areas largest employer being a ship yard with massive gov contracts. The only thing really effected here are the small businesses, and that is sad as they are the ones I patronize when possible. My butcher and deli announced the other day they were shutting down for good. That is where I bought all my meat and cold cuts from. They were the best. Two small bar/grill places are closing as well. Their food was better then Applebees or Chilis by far, no question. Will miss them.

I guess I just got lucky with the tenants I chose to rent too. I have had some bad in the past and learned quickly how to deal with them and spot them when they apply. The biggest problem I have now is with neighbors, their tenants and guests but I am learning to deal with that as well. They say that good fences make for good neighbors, well, I can say that it very much indeed helps. My biggest problems with neighbors have been their animals (dogs and cats) and their lack of being able to control their trash or clean it up when the wind takes it for a ride. Luckily we do not have any local politicians outright telling people to not pay their rent or to not go back to work. AOC is a whack job and hopefully nothing more than a painful memory after November. Outright telling people to not pay their rent or to not go back to work? OMG!!!!!!!!

I had a complaint from a tenant this past Saturday. It was 76 degrees here, and they had opened the windows for some air. The smell from the neighbors yard was unbearable as there was a strong wind from that direction. So I go out to see what is going on. There was so much dog crap in the corner of the yard where they tie the dog up, it was unbelievable. The poor dog, was a young yellow lab, likely a X-mas puppy judging by size. Dog was tied to a ground stake with about a 15 foot rope. In that circle there was almost no visible area where there was no crap, or the grass was not yellow from piss. So I go and knock on their door, introduce myself, why I am there. The local law is very specific on cleaning up after pets, as in it must be done immediately as it happens. I also tell them I do not want to involve the police, but if this not handled in a timely fashion, I will involve law enforcement. I do not like to do that, but man, clean up after your animals or do not keep animals. It stank something terrible, I felt bad for the dog. And my tenants of course. First nice day where you could open the windows and the smell was putrid.
    ...can't stand animal cruelty....that dog owner would have never cared for that dog properly its whole life. I would have quietly taken the dog away from him & placed him in a happy home.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FUJIMO View Post
    ...can't stand animal cruelty....that dog owner would have never cared for that dog properly its whole life. I would have quietly taken the dog away from him & placed him in a happy home.
    Yeah, I hear you. I do not and have not had a dog in a long time. My situation would not be fair to impose on a dog, so I do not have one. How in the world grown adults can get a dog and not be prepared to clean up after it is beyond me. The people I had to deal with were older, intelligent, and other then how they took care of dog, they were respectful and responsible people. Took me by surprise, seriously.

I have pictures from the first time since it were on my property and it was prior to me going to the police station to find out what the laws were. The cop I talked to gave me his cell number and told me if they do not clean it up immediately to call him directly. I prefer to try and work things out with neighbors before having to call in law enforcement. The laws in town are very strict against bad owners and very specific in how it will be handled. If I really had a problem, I think the best thing to do would be post pictures on fake book including their address and let the public have at em.

The next problem I get a bunch of complaints for is cats running around and crapping everywhere, damaging paint on cars because for some reason they like to sit up on them. If the complaints keep on as they are, I am going to start live trapping them and bringing them to the local shelter.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FUJIMO View Post

If he didn't know I had the dog I would have kept him..
    In the morning he was out looking for the dog and he could here him barking upstairs.. dog would bark when he heard his name. probably sould have dropped him off with animal control and let him try and and get the dog back.. hind site
    LETS GO BRANDON.... LETS GO BRANDON

Sometimes I talk to myself...then we both just laugh and laugh

'84 Checkmate Convincor

6. Likes Forkin' Crazy liked this post
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Now that this has turned into a dog thread...., a yr after putting my wife’s dog down due to stomach cancer, I thought she might be ready for a new rescue pup.

We went to our very rural pound and looked but found that the wife is not ready for, and maybe never will be ready for a new pup.

We left after signing up to donate a monthly 40lb bag of food to the rescue.

Dogs are our babies.
    I'd rather be competitive w/junk I built in my garage than win w/stuff I bought.

I refuse to allow common sense to interfere w/my boat buying decisions.

Checkmate 16' 140 Johnson
    Hydrostream 17' Vector FrankenRude I
    Laser 480 (?) 21' w/GT 200
    Glastron Carlson Conquest w/XP 2.6
    Glastron Carlson CVX 20 w/XP 2.6
    24' Sonic w/twin 250 Johnsons
    24' Sonic w/twin 250 HO Johnsons
    19' STV River Rocket w/FrankenRude II
    Allison XR 2002 w/Frankenrude II
    Hydrostream 18' V-King w/Frankenrude II

8. Likes mrichartz, SS Minnow, CDave, Forkin' Crazy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The next problem I get a bunch of complaints for is cats running around and crapping everywhere, damaging paint on cars because for some reason they like to sit up on them.
    Cats like to get on vehicles because they are warm from soaking up the sun and/or a warm engine. It also gives them a bit of security being up high and gives them a better view of the area.
    They are predators after all.

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/scien...tors-49634243/

" A cat can hear way up into the ultrasound range; the ridged roof of its mouth helps accommodate some 67,000 smell receptors (humans have a measly 20,000). A cat needs only one sixth of the light we need to see and in utter darkness it can still navigate by way of its whiskers. Cats can even fly – kind of. Dropped from heights seven stories or more, they spread their legs and glide, Page writes, “somewhat in the manner of a flying squirrel.”

Obligate carnivores (“no veggies or fruits,” Page explains), they spend up to a third of their waking hours placidly licking themselves, but – as any food lady knows – they’ll sever a smaller creature’s spinal cord in a heartbeat. At five weeks old they’re full-fledged killers, dispatching mice on their own. Cats have hunted whole islands of birds into extinction, but they don’t have to spill a drop of blood to be a threat, Page notes. British scientists have theorized that a cat’s mere presence is frightening enough to stop birds from breeding, thereby driving down population size."
    Last edited by CDave; 05-05-2020 at 07:57 PM.
    -----------------------
    93 STV Mod VP/MERC 2.5 200
    -----
    The Bible is life's instruction manual.

Proverbs 4:18-20

" For a nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people."
    -- John F. Kennedy 1962

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Instigator View Post
    Now that this has turned into a dog thread...., a yr after putting my wife’s dog down due to stomach cancer, I thought she might be ready for a new rescue pup.

We went to our very rural pound and looked but found that the wife is not ready for, and maybe never will be ready for a new pup.

We left after signing up to donate a monthly 40lb bag of food to the rescue.

Dogs are our babies.
    You thread jacker, you!!!!!

All kidding aside, all the reasons I list for not having a dog now are valid. But as you have mentioned (I think you are eluding to that anyways), the biggest reason I do not have one now is because it was so painful to let them go when the time came. I need to get over that and go find a dog that deserves a good home.

11. Likes mrichartz, Instigator, Forkin' Crazy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CDave View Post
    Cats like to get on vehicles because they are warm from soaking up the sun and/or a warm engine. It also gives them a bit of security being up high and gives them a better view of the area.
    They are predators after all.

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/scien...tors-49634243/

" A cat can hear way up into the ultrasound range; the ridged roof of its mouth helps accommodate some 67,000 smell receptors (humans have a measly 20,000). A cat needs only one sixth of the light we need to see and in utter darkness it can still navigate by way of its whiskers. Cats can even fly – kind of. Dropped from heights seven stories or more, they spread their legs and glide, Page writes, “somewhat in the manner of a flying squirrel.”

Obligate carnivores (“no veggies or fruits,” Page explains), they spend up to a third of their waking hours placidly licking themselves, but – as any food lady knows – they’ll sever a smaller creature’s spinal cord in a heartbeat. At five weeks old they’re full-fledged killers, dispatching mice on their own. Cats have hunted whole islands of birds into extinction, but they don’t have to spill a drop of blood to be a threat, Page notes. British scientists have theorized that a cat’s mere presence is frightening enough to stop birds from breeding, thereby driving down population size."

I have heard that before, the higher up for a better view, sense of security, and a warm perch etc.

The majority of my rentals are in WI and they have good animal control. So good that supposedly the animal control officer is the most hated by citizens, of all in the police department. I have no problems with her. The other place I have rentals is in MI and they have no designated animal control officer. This is where all of my problems happen. While I am not one to call law enforcement, I do see how much easier it makes life for those that are mindful of their neighbors. Hopefully the MI town will implement an animal control officer to the police department soon. It was supposed to happen but everything went sideways when the Wuhan-surprise showed up.

13. Likes CDave liked this post
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    That is a huge part of the deal.

If you treat them like your own kid like we do then that’s part of the deal.

I laid on the floor w/the black dog (Pepper) w/my arms around her when it was her time a yr ago.

I did the same w/my last Choc Lab (Slick) when it was his time, 6 yrs ago.

I did the same for my Black Lab when it was his time, 15 yrs ago.

And I will do the same for Hooper (current pup) when it is his time, in 10 or so yrs when I am 70.

It is part of the deal and I remember every one like it was yesterday.

I never had kids so my puppy dogs are my kids.

The ashes of the first two are on the beach of Pelee Island in Lake Erie.
    It was their favorite place (swam, dug in the sand and rolled on dead fish) and I moved heaven and earth to get them there but that’s the promise you make when you adopt them.
    You care for them to the end.

Peppers ashes are in an urn in Cheryl’s home office and she guards it 24/7, even though it’s been a year, that wound is still very fresh.

As a young adult at my first good job, I ran maintenance at a large apart complex owned by an investment corporation. We bought struggling complexes, turn them over and sell them.
    I had to live on site.
    When we bought that complex, it allowed dogs.
    6 months in they changed it and told me to get rid of Speedo.
    Told them that was not an option.
    They really liked me and sent the top brass out to explain weight of this decision and what they expected to be a promising future.
    Told them I understood, shook their hand, thanked them and left.

Could have been huge for me but I made a deal w/Speedo and never looked back.
    Some people understood what I did and some didn’t.
    Also part of the deal.

You thread jacker, you!!!!!

All kidding aside, all the reasons I list for not having a dog now are valid. But as you have mentioned (I think you are eluding to that anyways), the biggest reason I do not have one now is because it was so painful to let them go when the time came. I need to get over that and go find a dog that deserves a good home.
    Last edited by Instigator; 05-06-2020 at 07:20 AM.
    I'd rather be competitive w/junk I built in my garage than win w/stuff I bought.

15. Thanks mrichartz, CDave thanked for this post
    Likes mrichartz, CDave, SS Minnow, Forkin' Crazy liked this post
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Sorry boys, back to the virus.

(PS, most have you have seen that Paul/Forkincrazy has started a great dog thread anyhow)

The wife just found this video (another long one) and if you didn’t think conspiracy before.......

I haven’t had time to watch the full video yet to pass judgment but so far it is pretty damning.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FnktXO...ature=youtu.be

17. Likes CDave, SS Minnow, Forkin' Crazy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gary, that was just posted today at 2:00 in the Politics forum here and I watched the entire clip. Guess what? They already poofed it! Wow. It is very interesting information & have known this has been going on from other research over the years. What I can't wrap my head around over the last couple of decades, is how such a large portion of our American population has/is been blinded by things like this, and similar situations.
    Last edited by FUJIMO; 05-06-2020 at 05:26 PM.

19. Likes Instigator, Forkin' Crazy liked this post
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    My wife found it on fb this morning and said it had already been deleted multiple times.

Im thinking, 5 acres on the side of a mountain....., south of me and preparing ��

21. Likes mrichartz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    That's what the medical corporate does.....You go against them alone, and they will destroy your life and walk away smugly saying you asked for it. They have billions at stake, do you think that they would stop at anything to get their way?

83 V-King, 96 Mariner, 200 hp ff block 2.5 w/a 28p choppa
    We gotta clean this liberal mess up, VOTE TRUMP TO MAGA!
    Rebuild thread:
    http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...-it&highlight=
    http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...cs.&highlight=
    Videos

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    -----------------------
    93 STV Mod VP/MERC 2.5 200
    -----
    The Bible is life's instruction manual.

Proverbs 4:18-20

" For a nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people."
    -- John F. Kennedy 1962

24. Likes Forkin' Crazy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    good video. thanx for sharing.

26. Likes CDave liked this post