Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Couple more pics
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FF40EDAA-3828-4472-AAF4-E6B6BE1E8CD1.jpg   167A34C7-5045-4F84-9633-976C4B7654AA.jpg  

2. Likes challenger 77 liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just saw this thread, nice job and boat. Might be good to have boat weighed so you have that info. More set back sounds right, and remember less weight on boat and with the weight centered helps for better top speeds.

Good luck.
    1990 22' Activator Yami HPDI 300-sold-86.4
    1976 21' Challenger 2002 3.1 Yami 250 Vmax phase lll 89.7-sold
    1982 21' Superboat 300merc-87
    1990 22' Activator yami OX66 Vmax 250-84.2
    1982 30' Scarab-twin 200 Merc-sold
    1979 21' Challenger 300 Evenrude-sold
    1979 21' Superboat 200 Merc-sold-72

4. Likes Pepperson4 liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Couple videos
    short clip ripping down river at about 73 mph trimmed out. Another GoPro clip of the motor. 66 hours on the motor so far this past couple months!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-WPrag25Tjk

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xby5rrZKNE0

6. Likes NZ Sidewinder liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ahhhhhhh....first video brings back some memories from when I had it in PA. I have a pic at same angle facing back like that. I'll have to find them an try to down load them.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pepperson4 View Post
    got some more updates. transoms in, total of 3" thick(ply). back deck is glassed on. wanted to do a hatch but the additional cost was out of reach. im already spending quite a bit on this resto so gotta cut costs somewhere. maybe ill put a sunpad on. ill proabably maken access from behind the bench seat. the guys at D&S marine in Rockford are doing a amazing job. very nice guys and update me often. Tank and floor will go in this week then its paint prep. picking up jack plate from powder coat today and sending my injectors to brucato to be rebuilt. anyone have anymore pics of shadows?
    Just went through the whole thread. Very well done! Guess your itching for the ice to melt?
    We're in the process of rebuilding a Scorpion 21. I'm wondering what all the holes were for in your new aft deck(post #7)?
    I'll see if I can figure out how to start a thread and post some pictures of our progress

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CCLancer19 View Post
    Just went through the whole thread. Very well done! Guess your itching for the ice to melt?
    We're in the process of rebuilding a Scorpion 21. I'm wondering what all the holes were for in your new aft deck(post #7)?
    I'll see if I can figure out how to start a thread and post some pictures of our progress
    yea ive been following along, the yellow scorpion right? and regarding the holes, i honestly have no idea the more i think about it!

boat update-egine was down on power the last day i took it out in fall. dealer called and said i was down on two cylinders. so its getting all new injectors and a new full powerhead, all warranty. should be ready by spring. think i have to pay $50, haha

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What did you use to core the stringers and knees. We're using 3/4" marine plywood doubled up at transom knees and 4 ft forward. Still working on what to do with glass layup. Thinking 3 layers of 12 oz biax for tabbing and two layers over the tops. Probably a little more tabbing in the doubled knee area. The knees will eventually get tabbed into the cap as well. That with a good bulkhead behind the seat should make the back end plenty stiff.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CCLancer19 View Post
    What did you use to core the stringers and knees. We're using 3/4" marine plywood doubled up at transom knees and 4 ft forward. Still working on what to do with glass layup. Thinking 3 layers of 12 oz biax for tabbing and two layers over the tops. Probably a little more tabbing in the doubled knee area. The knees will eventually get tabbed into the cap as well. That with a good bulkhead behind the seat should make the back end plenty stiff.
    3/4 ply was used for the knees on mine, and the stringers I am unsure. It originally had balsa stringers about 2” wide and 6” tall. I believe they used ply and replicated a similar size. They are extremely heavy duty, as is the transom since I told them I planned on running it hard in the chop with a big bracket on the back. As far as laminate schedule for your stringers ? I tend to overbuild things but 2 layers of 1208 sounds about right for the stringers, personally I would do two layers of 1708 just for piece of mind. It’ll only take about 20% more resin, but I’m also no engineer on laminate schedules ��

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bump boat is for sale-42k Need funds for pole barn ��

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome build, excellent thread, very impressive and informative too. Thanks!!

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10