Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The researchers suggested wearing "much more complete personal protective equipment," including helmets with built-in air filters, face shields, disposable gowns and two sets of gloves.
    (For healthcare workers who can't social-distance.)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I ain’t a real smart feller, but I’ve been thinking and call bull larky on the mask wearing being shoved down our throats. If a pair of panties can’t contain the smell of a fart, do ya really think they can contain a virus behind the force of sneeze when they are on ya face??? Especially when ain’t no one using, wearing em right, using the same ones over and over, and constantly smearin and pullin on em with their nasty hands.

3. Likes Merc 2.5 liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you can improve odds but you cannot remove risk 100%. I can swim as well as anyone but when I’m airing out my stream I wear a pfd because it increases my odds. Same with the masks they improve odds. Can these be improved? Sure scuba mask or papr filter system. Florida is blowing up bad compared to other places. Those photos of people partying too close together at the beaches a month or so back are now showing why that was a bad idea.

I’m as sensitive as anyone when it comes to govt over reach. Increasing your power to stay healthy is not political it’s simple common sense. That’s how I see it anyways
    Hydrostream dreamin

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I call masks a sheeple muzzle. And refuse to wear one. Won't fist bump or elbow knock with ya. Handshake or nothing. On the plus side, the muzzles do reduce the squawking noise made by the liberals down by about 20db.

83 V-King, 96 Mariner, 200 hp ff block 2.5 w/a 28p choppa
    We gotta clean this liberal mess up, VOTE TRUMP TO MAGA!
    Rebuild thread:
    http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...-it&highlight=
    http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...cs.&highlight=
    Videos

6. Likes LakeFever liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Masks... 40% to 65% effective; wouldn't buy condoms with that kind of protection!

Interesting info though:

It was not surprising to find that N95 respirators were generally more efficient filters with better face-seal characteristics than surgical masks when tested in the laboratory.

However, transmission of acute respiratory infections is a complex process that may not be appropriately replicated by surrogate exposure studies. Because the face seal is important for the efficiency of the N95 respirator, fit-testing is recommended for health care workers.2 N95 respirators are often considered uncomfortable for regular use, and improper wearing or adjustment of the respirator because of discomfort could lead to inadvertent face contamination, thus negating the potential protective benefit.54,55

Furthermore, we do not have an adequate understanding of the number, size and dispersion of the droplets that contain live, infectious particles produced by infected patients.56

A laboratory-based study reported data that humans infected with influenza rarely produce aerosols that contain infectious viral particles.57 In 2 other laboratory studies, participants infected with influenza produced droplets containing viral RNA, but viral RNA could not be detected on manikin headforms or on filters of breathing manikins at distances as close as 0.1 m following participants breathing, counting, coughing or laughing.7

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Population Ontario 14+ million, population Great Toronto Area 10.5+ million, tests daily 20-30 thousand, height of transmission 650 new cases daily, tight protocols, masks and distancing since early March, now 100 cases daily and dropping, total infected 37000, 2700 dead. Daily % of positive tests now under 0.5%. Put a mask on and spread out in immediate public, it works.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do have some advantage here. My ex worked for the health dept and her specialty is infectious disease. Keep in mind this is over ten years ago advice but she always said washing hands and washing well was the single biggest thing you can do to avoid getting sick which is something I always do when I come home is wash first before touching anything. Then you have the airborne considerations which most viral infections need water and sugar to survive which everyones mouth is filled with. One sneeze blows wet particles as far as 30' so 6' for regular breathing seems to be the thing we are supposed to do. Again fortunately I have a HUGE personal space so I dont get very close to people anyways. I have lost a former colleague to corona and my cousin and spouse caught it and he was super ill, hes a construction worker and NOT a woosey so I got concerned at this point. I dont shop much anyways I buy bulk but when I do? I wear the mask. Think whatever you want about it I'll use any advantage I can get to avoid this thing.

If the masks didnt work the doctors who are treating people would ALL have covid yet they all wear masks and not many got corona. Plus the sooner we snuff out trasnmission the sooner we can get back to normal. The case numbers dont lie and no mask wearing places are exploding with new cases. Death rate of 1/100 seems to be roughly the norm. Stay safe, stay healthy
    Hydrostream dreamin

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Metro Toronto yesterday daily number new cases, 11.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Watch the first 15 or so min. of this for some good clear Covid news.

-----------------------
    93 STV Mod VP/MERC 2.5 200
    -----
    The Bible is life's instruction manual.

Proverbs 4:18-20

" For a nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people."
    -- John F. Kennedy 1962

12. Likes SS Minnow, Forkin' Crazy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Bahhh, wear the mask or be shunned from the herd.... says all the sheep with the placebo muzzle....

83 V-King, 96 Mariner, 200 hp ff block 2.5 w/a 28p choppa
    We gotta clean this liberal mess up, VOTE TRUMP TO MAGA!
    Rebuild thread:
    http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...-it&highlight=
    http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...cs.&highlight=
    Videos

14. Likes SS Minnow, LakeFever liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 282 View Post
    FMP-exactly, spot on. Texas, Florida, Arizona ect ect did not do what Jersey and NY did and are getting hammered. I am not a liberal.. don't wear a mask who really gives a **** but keep distance. My small town is getting hit from 4th of july parties right now. Life jackets are for p#ssies also...right??
    I can’t speak for Texas or Arizona but the only thing going on in Florida is false reporting, I haven’t missed a day of work ,I travel all over the state , on construction sites,restaurants, banks, I’ve never worn a mask , if anyone should have gotten this “virus” I should have been me .... I also Remember at the beginning of this “pandemic “ I heard it couldn’t survive the heat of summer and now we have the largest numbers yet, sorry but it’s rigged !!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2E4208F6-9412-4E9E-BE93-4DDF94BFF355.png  
    2003 mirage ski racer with e-tec power

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dgscroggs View Post
    I can’t speak for Texas or Arizona but the only thing going on in Florida is false reporting, I haven’t missed a day of work ,I travel all over the state , on construction sites,restaurants, banks, I’ve never worn a mask , if anyone should have gotten this “virus” I should have been me .... I also Remember at the beginning of this “pandemic “ I heard it couldn’t survive the heat of summer and now we have the largest numbers yet, sorry but it’s rigged !!
    And they wonder why we don't trust what they are saying about this virus. I bet if it wasn't an election year we would have never heard of Covid-19.
    -----------------------
    93 STV Mod VP/MERC 2.5 200
    -----
    The Bible is life's instruction manual.

Proverbs 4:18-20

" For a nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people."
    -- John F. Kennedy 1962

17. Thanks bullet20vee thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CDave View Post
    And they wonder why we don't trust what they are saying about this virus. I bet if it wasn't an election year we would have never heard of Covid-19.
    And when the election is over especially if they cheat Biden in it’ll disappear even if trump wins it’ll die they’ll have to find something else , these idiots just don’t get it , the train is rolling and they can’t stop it !

19. Thanks bullet20vee thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dgscroggs View Post
    And when the election is over especially if they cheat Biden in it’ll disappear even if trump wins it’ll die they’ll have to find something else , these idiots just don’t get it , the train is rolling and they can’t stop it !
    They are already playing smear campaign ads on tv in my area. Four different ads claiming that the virus spread so fast because he did not issue travel bans soon enough. I remember the dems crying when he issued a travel ban. Called him zenophobic. Or another claiming that he put sick people into nursing homes and killed elderly patients. I though that call was on the state or local levels. When did he order sick people inti nursing homes? I forget the other two as I usually mute it when they come on. And they are playing constantly when the news is on.

In my area they are recording multiple testing. That is, if a person gets multiple tests and it comes back positive, they report all the positives. So one person can count as multiple positives. I know of four people that have tested positive but have shown no symptoms.

21. Thanks bullet20vee thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ha it was that idiot cuomo (spelling?)in ny that sent them to the nursing homes when trump sent a naval hospital ship that they didn’t use and ya fl doin the multiple testing na too

23. Thanks bullet20vee thanked for this post
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast