Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think we all agree the virus is bad, the virus spreads fast and the virus is deadly, but some don’t see how the media and libs are trying to make it worse, not to save lives but to make Trump look bad any way they can. This is what ticks me off. At a time we all should be working together to help stop the spread. I think they want riots etc... just my two cents.

5. Likes mrichartz, David - WI, Forkin' Crazy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by oldschoolltv View Post
    I think we all agree the virus is bad, the virus spreads fast and the virus is deadly, but some don’t see how the media and libs are trying to make it worse, not to save lives but to make Trump look bad any way they can. This is what ticks me off. At a time we all should be working together to help stop the spread. I think they want riots etc... just my two cents.
    They want to open an investigation into how he handled this...It just started, when he wanted to close borders he was racist, if he closed borders in December and we had no virus he would have been lynched for overreacting. How anyone do this right...it's never f-in happened work together to shut it down. He has done the best he can with what was dealt.

This virus has hit close to home for me and I lost someone yesterday! This virus has no treatment/no cure and we try different things but we don't know....thats a ccu doctor talking to me when i asked whats the plan. Take this serious, for some it's mild but for some it's not and they don't have a clue wtf to do. You are isolated in a hospital, no visitors, no family, the funeral 1 person can attend. Its terrible and it's tragic. Stay home the toys mean nothing if you are dead!
    Last edited by 282; 04-01-2020 at 10:09 PM.

7. Likes David - WI, CDave, Forkin' Crazy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 282 View Post
    4000 died already, I don't give a **** what percentage of the population its to many, its more than 9-11 and this is far from over. It's hit every age. So maybe it's not 100-200k the end result maybe its 50k. Zero should be the number, Bill Gates isn't so crazy now is he. The government wastes money on stupid ****, put a little into science so we stay ahead of stuff like this. Distance yourself from China, it's way overdue.
    Are you aware in 2018 80K people, that's 80,000 people, died in the USA during the regular flu season from the regular flu we have vaccines for.
    The media didn't plaster it on the news every night. They weren't telling people the importance of getting flu shots and pneumonia shots. The said nothing.
    -----------------------
    93 STV Mod VP/MERC 2.5 200
    -----
    The Bible is life's instruction manual.

Proverbs 4:18-20

" For a nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people."
    -- John F. Kennedy 1962

9. Likes mrichartz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The virus is not airborne, it just spreads via human to human contact.
    Same as the flu

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Flu is understood, this is not. Don’t listen to me but I hope someone does. This has no treatment that’s the difference. They don’t know what to do. And yes I am in the medical field I know my numbers.
    This is a new strain of the Corona virus. Same virus SARS came from.
    I'm not making light of this virus but unless you have a weak immune system, are suffering from other illnesses that make you weak or have asthma you should have very little to worry about.
    But the media is putting out one story after the next like it's the end of the world.

The annual influenza season in the world causes about 3 to 5 million cases of severe illness, of which about 250,000 to 500,000 patients die.

Please watch this video.If you don't want to watch the whole thing start at 4:50 and take it to heart.
    Last edited by CDave; 04-01-2020 at 10:58 PM.
    -----------------------
    -----

" For a nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people."
    -- John F. Kennedy 1962

12. Likes mrichartz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Tell that to a local 30 year old baseball coach in nj healthy as a horse that died. The higher risk people are more susceptible i agree, those are the ones that need some sort answer in the form of vaccine or meds that treat the complications prior to them getting criticality ill. I am not looking to argue but I lost someone healthy to this and it made no sense. He was 54 and healthy. We don’t know enough yet. Hopefully soon.
    Heck, one year before I got Lyme disease I weighed 190lbs. had a 32" waist and when I lifted my arms above my head you could see my 6 pack; did a ton of crunches back then. I was in great shape for a 36 year old average blue collar guy. I also ate healthy and exercised 5-6 times a week on top of my job that was fairly physical to begin with. I still got the flu every year until I started taking supplements to boost my immune system. The supplements didn't give me any more energy, endurance or make me feel better. I just never got the flu again while I was taking them.

People 50 and older are in the elevated risk group. I'm sorry you lost someone close to you. People like the basketball coach are not the norm. You will always have exceptions to the norm, that's a part of life.
    I just turned 56 last week and I know my body isn't as strong as it was 10 years ago. Granted it's difficult for me to exercise my cardio and respiratory system since my knee problem started many years ago. I weigh the same as I did when my knee problems started but I've gone from a solid 34" waist to a 38-40" waist. This year was the first time I've gotten the flu since I started getting a flu shot every year and I honestly don't know if I had a flu shot this year.

I'm not trying to argue with you. I honestly don't want to see you or anyone worrying a bunch over this. What is going to happen is what is going to happen. We as regular people can only follow the advice of Dr. Fauci. I don't take this virus lightly but I only listen to what Dr. Fauci has to say. I'm self isolating and all the other things they are saying to do. What I'm not doing is listening to the talking heads in the media that love to sensationalize any crisis.
    Last edited by CDave; 04-02-2020 at 04:28 AM.
    -----------------------
    -----

-- John F. Kennedy 1962

14. Likes mrichartz, Forkin' Crazy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LETS GO BRANDON.... LETS GO BRANDON

Sometimes I talk to myself...then we both just laugh and laugh

'84 Checkmate Convincor

16. Thanks CDave thanked for this post
    Likes CDave, Forkin' Crazy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

"“After learning that the state’s stockpile of medical equipment had 16,000 fewer ventilators than New Yorkers would need in a severe pandemic, Gov. Andrew Cuomo came to a fork in the road in 2015. He could have chosen to buy more ventilators. Instead, he asked his health commissioner, Howard Zucker to assemble a task force and draft rules for rationing the ventilators they already had.”

Cuomo could’ve spent the necessary $576 million on the ventilators to prepare for the worst-case scenario, but instead opted to spend $750 million on a solar panel factory."

Big Government in action.
    -----------------------
    -----

-- John F. Kennedy 1962

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CDave View Post

"“After learning that the state’s stockpile of medical equipment had 16,000 fewer ventilators than New Yorkers would need in a severe pandemic, Gov. Andrew Cuomo came to a fork in the road in 2015. He could have chosen to buy more ventilators. Instead, he asked his health commissioner, Howard Zucker to assemble a task force and draft rules for rationing the ventilators they already had.”

Cuomo could’ve spent the necessary $576 million on the ventilators to prepare for the worst-case scenario, but instead opted to spend $750 million on a solar panel factory."

Big Government in action.
    An inept Dem liberal govenor who was blaming everyone else for his screwups and lack of leadership

Michael
    LETS GO BRANDON.... LETS GO BRANDON

Sometimes I talk to myself...then we both just laugh and laugh

'84 Checkmate Convincor

19. Likes CDave liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CDave View Post
    This is a new strain of the Corona virus. Same virus SARS came from.
    I'm not making light of this virus but unless you have a weak immune system, are suffering from other illnesses that make you weak or have asthma you should have very little to worry about.
    But the media is putting out one story after the next like it's the end of the world.

The annual influenza season in the world causes about 3 to 5 million cases of severe illness, of which about 250,000 to 500,000 patients die.

Please watch this video.If you don't want to watch the whole thing start at 4:50 and take it to heart.
    It has kilked a few oldies but the biggest age group in hospital in Singapore are 20 to 29 yr olds.
    It can put a healthy non smoker of any age in the icu.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerabout View Post
    It has kilked a few oldies but the biggest age group in hospital in Singapore are 20 to 29 yr olds.
    It can put a healthy non smoker of any age in the icu.
    It's a whole nother ballgame here. Old and pre existing are primary targets.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails covid-19-daily-data-summary-deathsAPR 1.pdf  
    Living in the Freedom provided by Bud Conner and his fellow warriors.
    R.I.P. my Heathen Brother

22. Thanks CDave thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by transomstand View Post
    It's a whole nother ballgame here. Old and pre existing are primary targets.
    Italy also seemed to be a) elderly and b) multiple pre-existing health problems; but the experts don't seem to have a handle on how race/diet/pollution affect your chances. The lung damage is frightening.

There is still some "disconnect" here... we've had 80k flu deaths in a single season and little to no "news" about it; this thing is 24/7 news and you get a different story every day.

24. Likes CDave, Forkin' Crazy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    we had for an hour to watch the news.
    We STILL have one hour of news. The other 23 are politically motivated opinion.
    Living in the Freedom provided by Bud Conner and his fellow warriors.
    R.I.P. my Heathen Brother

26. Likes David - WI, CDave liked this post
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast