Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have only about 8% infected out of the people they've tested (not very many tested) and most cases are in Milwaukee (our only really large city & large airport). We've had 17,000 flu cases and 1,550 coronavirus cases... so far.

The testing (or lack) is the frustrating part. US is doing 100,000 tests per day... so it will take 3,300 days to test everyone (9 years).

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by David - WI View Post
    Italy also seemed to be a) elderly and b) multiple pre-existing health problems; but the experts don't seem to have a handle on how race/diet/pollution affect your chances. The lung damage is frightening.

There is still some "disconnect" here... we've had 80k flu deaths in a single season and little to no "news" about it; this thing is 24/7 news and you get a different story every day.
    Because all those "cerebral" people spewing and posting early didn't have goddam clue. The REAL scientists working on this will flat out tell you they just don't know. We just have to let it play out more, use care and our best judgement for now.
    Living in the Freedom provided by Bud Conner and his fellow warriors.
    R.I.P. my Heathen Brother

3. Likes CDave liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And Fox News is crushing MSNBC in ratings... even the people who want to believe their anti-Trump, liberal BS don't trust them enough to depend on them for "news". https://www.foxnews.com/media/msnbc-...-first-quarter

It was even worse for MSNBC when it comes to the key news demographic of adults age 25-54, as Fox News grew 42 percent and CNN grew 27 percent, while MSNBC dropped by one percent – losing viewers during, arguably, the most newsworthy quarter in a decade.

5. Likes mrichartz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    We have only about 8% infected out of the people they've tested (not very many tested) and most cases are in Milwaukee (our only really large city & large airport). We've had 17,000 flu cases and 1,550 coronavirus cases... so far.

The testing (or lack) is the frustrating part. US is doing 100,000 tests per day... so it will take 3,300 days to test everyone (9 years).
    Too much emphasis on this. Current tests only reveal active cases. What we need to know is how many have already had it and recovered, then study what were the conditions that allowed them to survive. If you test everybody today for active infection, it will be all different tomorrow with new cases. It will take years to sort it out. Tests right now are being held back for only those with symptoms and for medical and emergency people.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To get the country back to work, they need to test some complete population and figure out what the real transmission & mortality rates are. We can't sit around for years waiting.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    we've had 80k flu deaths in a single season and little to no "news" about it
    I just feel terrible for those people. Their deaths were wasted. If they had only waited to die from Corona they could have died gloriously and been immortalized on the Daily Death Scoreboard, where our grief could be displayed in a far more grand fashion.

Some poor guy killed in a car accident driving around trying to find toilet paper for his family is meaningless.

9. Likes CDave liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    To get the country back to work, they need to test some complete population and figure out what the real transmission & mortality rates are. We can't sit around for years waiting.
    We need to antibody test to find the immune, and get the low risk groups going sooner.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dr. Hans Kluge, the head of its European office, said recent statistics showed 30,098 deaths have been linked to COVID-19 across the continent, mostly in Italy, France and Spain.

“We know that over 95 percent of these deaths occurred in those older than 60 years,” he said, with more than half of the dead over 80.

Kluge added that more than 80 percent of those who died had at least one other chronic underlying condition like cardiovascular disease, hypertension or diabetes.
    https://www.foxnews.com/world/95-per...er-60-who-says
    Last edited by David - WI; 04-02-2020 at 06:35 PM.

12. Likes Forkin' Crazy, CDave liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by transomstand View Post
    Too much emphasis on this. Current tests only reveal active cases. What we need to know is how many have already had it and recovered, then study what were the conditions that allowed them to survive. If you test everybody today for active infection, it will be all different tomorrow with new cases. It will take years to sort it out. Tests right now are being held back for only those with symptoms and for medical and emergency people.
    I hear they are working on a test that will only require a drop of blood to see if you've had it.
    As far as testing, where I live they have a drive up station where you can get tested. I understand it's open to anyone but don't know if they ask questions before they test you. Manned by the Sheriffs Dept. I imagine the conspiracy theorist around here are going bezerk over that.
    -----------------------
    93 STV Mod VP/MERC 2.5 200
    -----
    The Bible is life's instruction manual.

Proverbs 4:18-20

" For a nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people."
    -- John F. Kennedy 1962

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CDave View Post
    I hear they are working on a test that will only require a drop of blood to see if you've had it.
    As far as testing, where I live they have a drive up station where you can get tested. I understand it's open to anyone but don't know if they ask questions before they test you. Manned by the Sheriffs Dept. I imagine the conspiracy theorist around here are going bezerk over that.
    I wonder if you have relaxed rules because Louisiana is the next expected "hotspot" and they want to get ahead a little. Maybe ya'll just became "important"

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Up here our family all had colds, including the little guy. I couldn't find much information on whether the symptoms were the same for infants as adults. So I phoned into the helpline. 2 hours on hold. We went through all the checks and that, but I found it really funny, they pretty much want you to be half dead to do any testing. We had quite a few of the symptoms, plus some others, but they were totally uninterested unless we had been 1). Out of the country 2). Know for a FACT that we had been in contact with someone that was CONFIRMED to have the virus.

It just seemed really odd. I know they can only test so many people a day but how do you want to get in front of this if your only diagnosing and helping people that have the virus so bad that it's too late.

Anyways we stayed home and all is good.

Hope you all are staying safe too.

www.InjectorService.com
    Call/Text - 204-326-0390

16. Thanks David - WI thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by transomstand View Post
    I wonder if you have relaxed rules because Louisiana is the next expected "hotspot" and they want to get ahead a little. Maybe ya'll just became "important"
    Not totally sure but I think most of the problems are in N.O. and southeast La. They just had Mardi Gras and that brings in people from all over the world. Mardi Gras season actually starts on Jan. 6. So you have tons of balls and parades until Fat Tuesday, the big day down in the French Quarter you always see on TV.

Where I live is approx. halfway between Houston,Tx. and New Orleans via I-10. So that might play a part and we are the Parish seat, which is the same as the County seat in every other state.
    Last edited by CDave; 04-02-2020 at 05:40 PM.
    -----------------------
    93 STV Mod VP/MERC 2.5 200
    -----
    The Bible is life's instruction manual.

Proverbs 4:18-20

" For a nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people."
    -- John F. Kennedy 1962

18. Likes Forkin' Crazy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, Marti Gras was a huge petri dish!!!

The 31rst we had 54 deaths, yesterday we had 34, today 37 for a total of 310. Most of it is down south.

http://ldh.la.gov/coronavirus/?fbcli...-BJJGeBfsrre-E

It would be nice if they had the numbers of people that recovered.

20. Likes Euroski, CDave liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Forkin' Crazy View Post
    It would be nice if they had the numbers of people that recovered.
    Paul that would be positive news and that’s not allowed, u can’t keep people in fear if they think that they can recover from this
    Last edited by dgscroggs; 04-02-2020 at 04:38 PM.
    2003 mirage ski racer with e-tec power

22. Likes Forkin' Crazy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just found out today that I am an essential employee, we are on lockdown in Florida I am kind of happy as it is good job security, I feel so bad for my part time employees that we are not allowed to work for 30 days Since most of my full time staff will only be working 16 hours to receive a 40 hour paycheck.

24. Likes Forkin' Crazy, mrichartz, CDave liked this post
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast