Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Exclamation Important - Please Read

Hi all,

I just wanted to reach out to ask a very important favor. I am very happy to see so much activity on S&F's forums, and that you're all enjoying the site.

The S&F site absolutely depends on Google's ads, which are seen on the right side column and above the forums here. Google's ads give the site a steady revenue stream, which is extremely important to pay its server maintenance, operation, and data consummation cost.

The reason I wanted to mention that is because there were a number of photos that I had to remove because they were identified by Google as being not appropriate for an all-ages site. The photos were not of outright nudity, but they kind of pushed the boundary. I know that absolutely no harmful intent whatsoever was meant by posting those photos, so please don't think that's what this is about. Nobody did anything wrong at all and I am in no way upset at anybody since the photos were kind of a gray area, so to speak and I wouldn't be sure myself if they could have caused an issue for Google

Having hot girls with hot boats always goes well together, but as much as I hate removing photos that members take the time to post here, I just have to ask that we avoid posting photos that are not all-ages friendly. Google issued me a warning a week ago for a photo, which I posted about. Unfortunately, there were a lot of similar photos on other posts and I woke up the next day to a number of Google AdSense violation reports, and because of the many violations (Google sees each photo as a separate violation), the Google ads are going to be restricted here until the site is verified clear of the photos in question. That worries me, not only because the temporary ad restriction will lower our AdSense revenue for what could be several months, but it could put us at risk for losing our AdSense account altogether.

I just wanted to underscore the importance of being careful with photos that might be seen as more adult-oriented in content. Women in bikinis is fine, but naked women with just paint on them is not so good.

I'm sorry for the long post here, but it's an issue that could potentially affect the site in a very negative way.

Thanks everybody,
    Greg

This is one of several Google AdSense violation reports for S&F. It was kind of surprising to see that they identified the actual posts in the forum.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	saf-adsense.JPG 
Views:	227 
Size:	55.5 KB 
ID:	460514

Facebook | YouTube | Vintage Outboard Catalogs
    Photo prints available of your boat - click here

2. Thanks lars strom, powerabout thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Greg,
    Thanks for all the work you do to keep S&F one of the best boat forums around the world.
    I did check the pictures I have posted on my Evinrude thread and did not find anyone deleted.
    All the Evinrude/girl pictures i have posted use a bikini.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This policing by Google concerns me in more ways than one which is another whole discussion but that being said I myself will do better at restricting my posted content to “PG” stuff only. I really enjoy this site and would hate to be part of its unintentional demise. Keep up the great work and thanks for all you do which we really never can imagine how much it entails.

5. Likes lars strom, Baja170 liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Damn it all Greg—— can I help it if gorgeous girlies keep chucking themselves all over me ???
    But don’t worry, I’ll tell tell them to back off a tad in future—— I know they’ll find it hard, but in the best interest of S&F —— P C ness I shall insist !!!