Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Three Lakes Shoot Out

What is happening with the three lakes shoot out? I saw that what was is no longer. Does anyone know any details?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It’s on again this year. June 19-20. Different lake in three lakes.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    but it sounds like its on a lake that isn't on the chain of lakes. that would make it a very different event. I was working on building a boat for the event. but now I'm reluctant.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They should bring it to the Eagle River chain back at the T docks. They used to race there back in the 50s and 60s.

5. Likes JPEROG liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Poky View Post
    but it sounds like its on a lake that isn't on the chain of lakes. that would make it a very different event. I was working on building a boat for the event. but now I'm reluctant.
    Not much different. Boat parade and boating on three lakes Friday and radar run Saturday on maple lake.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So build it for the shootout and then race UMPBA races the rest of the summer.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd be in the 60 to 65 bracket, a lot of fun for the old three lake event, but just another boat to get stomp on at a UMPBA event by a 90 boat propped down to 65 ish. no offence to anyone, my boat will still get built, but the heavy engine mods just won't get done. she will just be a cool fun boat.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd be in the 60 to 65 bracket, a lot of fun for the old three lake event, but just another boat to get stomp on at a UMPBA event by a 90 boat propped down to 65 ish. no offence to anyone, my boat will still get built, but the heavy engine mods just won't get done. she will just be a cool fun boat.

when is the last time you have raced at UMPBA?? No racing sanction is perfect but there aren't any boats that are sand bagging like that...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been to the race on the Wisconsin River, Pelican Lake, and Oshkosh. In the low classes, it mostly won by propped down boats. If I hit 65 at the end of 1000 feet, and a propped down boat hits 65 in 800 feet. there is now way to win. I'm not complaining, it's just how it is. and I have no idea how to fix it and keep it grass roots. I would rather show up and just help out. that's the bad with moving the three lakes event. You'll lose out on seeing all the hot boats that don't race, that just show up for the love of cool boats.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been to the race on the Wisconsin River, Pelican Lake, and Oshkosh. In the low classes, it mostly won by propped down boats. If I hit 65 at the end of 1000 feet, and a propped down boat hits 65 in 800 feet. there is now way to win. I'm not complaining, it's just how it is. and I have no idea how to fix it and keep it grass roots. I would rather show up and just help out. that's the bad with moving the three lakes event. You'll lose out on seeing all the hot boats that don't race, that just show up for the love of cool boats.
    First off I appreciate you coming and watching the Races we put on throughout the short summer we have. Thank you. The rules did change this year so that every class is 800 feet. I think you hit it right on the head if somebody goes 65 mph in lets say 750 feet vs 775.... They will win. Drag racing is all about the E.T. Completely different than a radar run where you just shoot for top speed. Honestly I don't think there are many people "propping" down so to speak. I mean if someone enters a drag in the 65 mph class that might be a conversation but from what i've seen there are pretty much all V4's in the 65 and under class. Can you elaborate on grass roots? Not sure what you mean by that?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    flag start vs timing light start. how did the rules change for this year? weight class? engine displacement? I'm building a 16 foot boat with a Chrysler 4 cylinder. just because it seems like more fun than just running my pro max on it

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We did have somebody make a set of starting lights to go on the start barge this year and will experiment with those at a race. Those will just be controlled manually though. the real only rule change was making all classes 800 feet. everyone needs a GPS in there boat "hand held unit" . not an aims dash or livorsi recall tach but a removable hand held to show somebody if they call you out for breaking out. No weights, no engine displacements as you know we want all boats to be able to fit in somewhere so weather its a jet boat, v drive, outboard or tiller you can fit somewhere.