Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaz View Post
    From 80 to 120 lighter than what it's replacing, depending on make, model and height ..
    Except for the one that went on the "Twister" boat ... it weighed 11 pounds total, before paint ...

<strike>
    </strike>
    What in the blue blazes is that fixed-trim, no swivel, steered-by-a-rudder plywood rocket ship?!
    Awesome. Love the simple, clean V8. You know it’s an animal when the powerhead is taller than the mid and foot combined...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fl Boy in ILL View Post
    Awesome boat Eddie MAC
    I love ours, we have the normal cable pulley steering
    Rick
    Beautiful. Coincidentally, it’s the exact same colour scheme as my old American Offshore 2600. Same colours and theme. Funny.
    How come there’s so little info out there about these QS1 hulls, since it’s seems there’s quite a few out there?
    BTW: Jacks says that he can get a carbon QS1 open top below 300lbs! That’s insane.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is a brand new model with the first boat being built in 2019, currently there are only 5 built and 1 in progress of being built. You are correct about the weights, right at 300+ - a few pounds either way and a glass boat is 415 ish. They drive great, leave hard and flat, the current 5 boats have had little testing ( mine included ). Our boat will be driven by my granddaughter rope racing. We believe it will be very safe and very consistent for our bracket style racing.

Eddie MAC ran like that right out of the box so you know with his great power and the testing he does it will be a top running boat very quickly

As with all boats built by Jack you get quality and such great customer service that is hard to find these days
    "Conklin Racing" M/E 0494
    Sponsers,Conklin Racing, Speed-N-Sport Marine

4. Thanks CI STV thanked for this post
    Likes CI STV liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fl Boy in ILL View Post
    It is a brand new model with the first boat being built in 2019, currently there are only 5 built and 1 in progress of being built. You are correct about the weights, right at 300+ - a few pounds either way and a glass boat is 415 ish. They drive great, leave hard and flat, the current 5 boats have had little testing ( mine included ). Our boat will be driven by my granddaughter rope racing. We believe it will be very safe and very consistent for our bracket style racing.

Eddie MAC ran like that right out of the box so you know with his great power and the testing he does it will be a top running boat very quickly

As with all boats built by Jack you get quality and such great customer service that is hard to find these days
    Thanks for the info, which is very helpful. Now I know why I haven’t seen any more of these hulls.
    Im currently traveling, but when I get back home I’m pretty sure I’m going to give a Jack a call about building me one of these things.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CI STV View Post
    Thanks for the info, which is very helpful. Now I know why I haven’t seen any more of these hulls.
    Im currently traveling, but when I get back home I’m pretty sure I’m going to give a Jack a call about building me one of these things.
    Be prepared to wait, I know he has >10 boats in line to be built. Getting a boat from Jack is worth the wait

Rick
    "Conklin Racing" M/E 0494
    Sponsers,Conklin Racing, Speed-N-Sport Marine

7. Thanks CI STV thanked for this post
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6