Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt.Insane-o View Post
    Its supposed to go on the tank...yore not supposed to soak your balls in it.
    They had to come up with uni-flow valves for the Millenials. Seems they were under the impression that the hose went down their pants ...

H2OPERF
    Hate to think about how much gas I tasted siphoning gas when I was a kid...

I told one of my doctors (from Venezuela) that the meds he gave me "tasted like gasoline" He looked at me funny, I said: doc I don't drink the stuff, but you know .. and motioned like I was siphoning gas. He nodded and said, yes, when I was a boy I stole gas from my father's car for my motorcycle. We laughed ...
    On the way home I called my son, said , I couldn't imagine stealing gas from dad. He was quiet for a minute, I busted out laughing, saying I don't wanna know. But I'll stop by the graveyard and apologize to grand~pa for both of us ..

A good customer and I were having lunch one day and we started talking about our kids. I said mine has been hanging at the shop after school since he was 5 years old. And he would make a heck of a dirty mess out of himself.
    My friend asked, has he ever been sick .. I had to think about it, and said, No, not that I can ever remember.
    He said at a young age his immune system learned how to protect him. I'll bet you wife didn't use anti-bacterial soap on him either .. I said , Nope, Lava or gunk to knock the top layer off and dawn dishwashing soap to soak in the tub.

Kids today play inside their room, eat too much junk food and never get dirty.
    They never had a dump-truck drop pile of sand in the back yard to play in. Never got bit by red ants. Cut their fingers, but kept digging. Built tree-forts in the woods or god forbid skin their knees and elbows up from stepping off of a bicycle.
    It's no wonder that many don't have the proper defense system to ward off the next strain of the flu that comes along ..

2. Likes big tom, JrCRXHF, Capt.Insane-o, tnelsmn liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only us old fogees will remember , in the 60s the marinas all sold WHITE GAS and all the auto stations sold leaded. thats what we called it, it was clear. think it was only unleaded available. i could be wrong, both tasted nasty, LOL

4. Likes Michael J Giesler liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hey Mac, fill er up with Ethel, will ya ...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethyl_Corporation

6. Likes Michael J Giesler liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaz View Post
    Hey Mac, fill er up with Ethel, will ya ...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethyl_Corporation
    YEAH, check the oil too. my first wife, sat at the pump, blowing the horn cause no attendant was there to pump. honey, got to do it yourself now i told her. she thought i was kidding! he was in a glass booth, just to take your money. she dropped her panties and threw them at him. a day i will never forget......april 1973.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My brain and lungs are probably on their way out due to the years I spent racing Unlimited Go-Karts and breathing the methanol/Nitro/Castor of the 10 Karts ahead of me when I drew a high number in the first heat race.

I think that 100LL smells like perfume and many times I would take an extra tank sump sample [just to smell it more] when I was doing Pre-Flight check.

The lead is really tough on plugs and many times I would lose a plug during the Mag 1/2 check during Runup. Sometimes you could clean the plug by leaning out the mixture plus Carbheat.

"Confidence" is that wonderful feeling you had right before you fully understood your true situation.- Unknown
    I don’t know what effect these men will have upon the enemy, but, by God, they terrify me.- Duke of Wellington
    “I am not afraid of an Army of lions lead by a sheep; I am afraid of sheep lead by a lion.” – Alexander the Great
    Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons.-Douglas MacArthur

Allison GSE 300XS

9. Likes tnelsmn liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Where do yall buy these race fuel at? Can I go to any airport and buy sum?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Merc 2.5 View Post
    Where do yall buy these race fuel at? Can I go to any airport and buy sum?
    If you go to the General Aviation FBO at a smaller airport they will usually pump you some 100LL [Blue in color] into your own container. I would not share with them you are putting it into a boat since off-airport use should be limited to your Ultralight aircraft.

"Confidence" is that wonderful feeling you had right before you fully understood your true situation.- Unknown
    I don’t know what effect these men will have upon the enemy, but, by God, they terrify me.- Duke of Wellington
    “I am not afraid of an Army of lions lead by a sheep; I am afraid of sheep lead by a lion.” – Alexander the Great
    Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons.-Douglas MacArthur

Allison GSE 300XS

12. Thanks Merc 2.5 thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its usually the decision of the Airport I think. Some wanted me to tow the boat on to the tarmac and pump the fuel directly into the boat. Others would let me pump it into 55 gallon drums. Still others made me pump it into 5 gallon safety cans. Was told that because their is no road tax on the fuel, the airport could get into trouble selling it for use on the street. But...…….down here in Fl. I have seen street rods pull right up to the 100LL pump and fill up their tanks. All you can do is find someone in the office and ask. Usually the smaller airports are more accommodating.

14. Thanks Merc 2.5 thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Smaller airports around here have self service for 100LL. Put in your credit card and filler up.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I have 1 those small airports that accommodate the small planes and such , bout 15min from my house , bout 10 min past boat ramp , I'm gonna stop in there tomo and check. Thanks guys

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most small airports have a self serve pump these days. May or may not be the case at your airport but some of the self serve credit card readers will ask for a tail N number just look around pick one from a small piston powered plane parked near the pump or use N9369F thats a good number from a helicopter i fly. Also it may ask for amount of gallons you want i guess it validates your card before you can pump the gas since some planes may be using a large amount with a huge bill, and the one i use has a Jet A pump next to it that uses the same reader so make sure you select 100LL if it asks, Letting you know this because ours has a timer and if you don't get the info in fairly quick it cancels and you have to start over pia. Another thing the owner of the one at the airport i work at says don't park your truck right in front of the pump, pull off to the side take cans out pull a few feet of hose out and pump so it there's a spark or what ever the whole thing doesn't go up lol.. Just how its done here some may just let you do as you please... Dave

18. Likes MattGreen liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Great info. I'm actually gonna look into it today if I can find out if they r open , which I would guess they are. I have no use for it at the moment , but if all is ok with purchasing the 100ll I'm gonna put my studs in block and cut another set of heads to swap around

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    my airport fuel pump is gated, i push the help button and say i cant read the keyboard and the gate opens. so far, so good! i only use it because my heads were milled a little too much. i run 3 to1 mix, 93 pump would most likely be ok with 150 psi...
    Last edited by KIRCHNER; 01-29-2020 at 03:55 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The 300XS calls for 91 minimum. Can 90 REC fuel be used? I've been using 92 but that contains ethanol and I'm uneasy using it.
    1998 22' Progression 300XS
    1988 15' Boston Whaler Johnson 70

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Iwouldnt worry at all, 92 be fine.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2