Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Precision Gun info

Got the hots for a precision rifle started my research, money no object just had to group well and bolt action . After reading Thompson got bought by S&W and they completed a joint venture in 6.5 CM that would group @ .48” at 100 yards as well as 600 , was the best grouper in the field I was researching. Just started to pull the trigger and my buddy off S&F Joe said hold up read up on the new Ruger Hawkeye target in 6.5 CM, 6.5 PRC, and 300 WM I did my homework and glad I did this across the counter tack driver in 6.5 PRC was grouping at .21”@ 100 WOW I bought it and attached a Vortex 4-24x50 Strike Eagle. Shot the gun brought home cleaned barrel , next trip I put 3 rounds in the same hole, I was amazed , gun with tax was $1045.00 I was going to cryogenic treat barrel like I do all my rifles but what’s the point
    Thanks to Joe I have what I was looking for it is HEAVY @ 13 lbs with optic and round full huge bull barrel great tactical stock , love it ! Hogs , deer , bear , elk beware!!

Jay
    Jay @ JSRE

2. Likes 89LASER, CDave, AZMIDLYF, tnelsmn, Glasstream15 liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I was about to suggest the Ruger PRECISION® RIFLE but see you got what ya want already

https://www.ruger.com/products/preci...le/models.html
    -----------------------
    93 STV Mod VP/MERC 2.5 200
    -----
    The Bible is life's instruction manual.

Proverbs 4:18-20

" For a nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people."
    -- John F. Kennedy 1962

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I picked up a Savage 10 Stealth 6.5 Creedmoor in 2017 and it was .45 MOA out of the box @ 100 yds. At 200 yards I can shoot basic over the counter 140 gr or 120 gr ammo and ring a 3" plate 100% of the time. I put a Nikon Monarch 4-16x50 on it and it's a pleasure to shoot.

They have since come out with a 110 Precision line and I've heard great things about those as well though the 10 series is a more solid platform IMHO. I've just never had a bad shooting Savage and they are usually the most reasonably priced too.

Full disclosure, I don't shoot it often. In fact, the damn boats take up most of my free time these days........
    Mark

5. Likes CDave liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do lots of research before I buy a rifle first “tack driver” in the newer calibers was a Ruger American Preditor 5 years ago Timney Trigger , barrel cryogenically treated at 300 below Swarovski 6i lit reticle optic and in 5 years its killed at least 400 pigs . I pig hunt with 7 rifles all I hunt with total confidence bolt and AR platform , a rifle must group for me to hunt with it , the newest is the best grouping rifle I own in the new 6.5 PRC caliber I can put 3 rounds in the same hole at 100 all have higher end optics , I don’t see as well as I use to do I use optics that are most 24 power ..

Good shooting,
    Jay
    Jay @ JSRE

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The tightest groups guns I own are :
    Bolt guns... AR Platform:
    1. Ruger Hawkeye Target in 6.5 PRC caliber 1. Palmeto State Armory 224 Valk.
    2. Ruger American Preditor in 6.5 Creedmoore 2. Pameto State Armory 6.5 Grendel
    3. Remington 700 LD in 7 Mag 3. Palmeto State Armory AR 10 6.5 Creedmoore 14 LBS stupid heavy but accurate
    4. Savage in 17 WSM ( worse gun I own for groups ) ???? 4. Colt Chrome lined barrel 223 Caliber

All Tack drivers rated from best to worse from 1 down , ( But the Savage it will NOT group )

Just what I own , All attached with High End long distant tactical Strike Eagle Vortex optic except Colt it has red dot aimpoint with 3 X amp converter ...

Good shooting <
    Jay @ JSRE
    Jay @ JSRE

8. Likes 89LASER liked this post