Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I guess this company is not trusted ???
    Where Tesla filed papers describing how they are achieving the new results this other company says trust us by the end of the year they will prove the talk.

https://www.autonews.com/mobility-re...n-battery-tech
    We have invented the world; WE see

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    GM's new electric car battery tops Tesla's

GM promised the new battery cells will quickly come down in price to below $100 per kilowatt hour. Batteries make up a very large part of an electric vehicle's cost and $100 per kilowatt hour is often cited by industry analysts as the threshold that will enable electric cars to become truly cost competitive with traditional gasoline-powered vehicles.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/04/business/gm-electric-car-battery-400-miles-of-range/index.html

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    GM *promised*. We shall see. I find it bizarre why some people have this hatred for Musk/Tesla. The guy and his companies employ Americans in a high tech field, he's innovating, and making some really cool stuff. And yet some of you guys seem to want to see his fall. Strange.

5. Thanks powerabout thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really hope GM has it together, Has to be proven...

Tesla already has 800,000 cars on the road sending back data so knowledge is power, in April Tesla will unveil

a new design battery, you see they are never satisfied, always striving for a better product, I'm hoping for a stock crash so I can buy more shares, last year I wanted more shares but the Guy at Fidelity Investments didn't think it was a wise choice ... It's worth over three times last years $ at this time.

https://electrek.co/2020/02/26/tesla...massive-scale/
    We have invented the world; WE see

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know if you meant me John, but I'm a fan of Musk/Tesla... but that doesn't change the news/facts.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

11. Likes Forkin' Crazy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tell ya, James is f-ucking nuts!!! He hates that some farmers get subsidies (he lacks the cognitive ability to understand their purpose), but it is FINE for Elon Musk/Tesla to receive BILLIONS in subsides.

I bet if Elon dropped trou, Jamesy would accommodate!

Elon Musk's growing empire is fueled by $4.9 BILLION in government subsidies

13. Likes SS Minnow liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People that look for problems will always find them. People that look for solutions will always find them. Plenty of info out there as for how at this very moment companies are finding solutions for the disposal/ recycle of the batteries.
    https://cen.acs.org/materials/energy...lithium/97/i28

What some people just can't seem to understand is that the benefit of EV technology is controlling emmisions in densely populated areas. No one has ever said it's a end all/ be all solution. But if the emission heavy processes can be contained and controlled in an environment where the damage to the environment can be mitigated (production facilities where emission controls can be used), its a huge benefit.

If I asked anyone working construction if they'd be using a battery powered miter or chop saw 20 years ago, they'd laugh at me. My last job, they were everywhere. The tech is real. It's right in front of you.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John S View Post
    People that look for problems will always find them. People that look for solutions will always find them. Plenty of info out there as for how at this very moment companies are finding solutions for the disposal/ recycle of the batteries.

What some people just can't seem to understand is that the benefit of EV technology is controlling emmisions in densely populated areas. No one has ever said it's a end all/ be all solution. But if the emission heavy processes can be contained and controlled in an environment where the damage to the environment can be mitigated (production facilities where emission controls can be used), its a huge benefit.

If I asked anyone working construction if they'd be using a battery powered miter or chop saw 20 years ago, they'd laugh at me. My last job, they were everywhere. The tech is real. It's right in front of you.
    ...Got my first Makita battery drill in 1982. It was the 7.2 volt job. Drilled small holes with small drill bits & ran a Philips driver bit. Worked great for rigging boats. A few months later, they came out with the 9.6 volt version. It was even better. Could now use it for all the hole-saw cutouts. It was the bomb. And they just got better & better from there on...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John S View Post

How exactly are we going to address the increase of power needed to charge all of these cars?
    You do realize that EVERY house that wants to add a charger for a car will have to upgrade their electrical service. Talk about the average house with 2+ cars and it will require a new service, new main wire leading to house. If the whole neighborhood is upgrading then we will need all new transformers and so on and so forth. How will we address those issues? How are we going to feed all of those power plants to male all that electricity? Too many questions, or as you call them, problems. Not enough answers, or solutions.

17. Likes Forkin' Crazy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And the other thing nobody talks about is that these new electric (expensive) cars are replacing relatively new, efficient, low-emissions IC cars. The guy driving the '79 454 Suburban isn't upgrading to a new Tesla... more likely the guy driving a new Prius upgrades to a Tesla.

19. Likes SS Minnow liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by David - WI View Post
    And the other thing nobody talks about is that these new electric (expensive) cars are replacing relatively new, efficient, low-emissions IC cars. The guy driving the '79 454 Suburban isn't upgrading to a new Tesla... more likely the guy driving a new Prius upgrades to a Tesla.
    That is so true. I have a 1997 f-350 dump body with a 460. Last year I put 1600 miles on it as I only use it for the dump aspect, snow plowing, or to put boat in water. It is still in good shape body wise, and mechanically it is flawless. I would not replace it unless I needed to.

So, regarding trucks, if semi's were all electric, what would the typical truck stop look like? How would one supply that place with power? What, nuclear reactors at every truck stop? Coal burning power plant? I am not an electrician, but I do understand the principles of generating and transporting electricity. How would the demand for power at a typical truck stop be met? Look at it as a question, or a problem, or whatever.

21. Likes Forkin' Crazy liked this post
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast