Hi

My 280 has just been rebuilt after a major rod out side failure

Second hand block and front half crank and a matched set of pistons ( out of 260 second hand ) fresh heads and second hand harness and electrics

A bit of history the engine blew due to lean out and was replaced with a 260 that has been running on the boat for the last 5 years but was getting tired 280 rebuilt and dropped on weekend before Xmas fired up in garage without gearbox run for about 2 minutes turned off and gearbox fitted and headed 8 hours away for Xmas break

At the beach house went to fire up on nose cone water supply fired up ran stopped then not firing at all

It has spark while cranking I have pulled the injectors and cranked They have an even spray ( not exactly flooding but the injectors are out of the 260 that was running fine but tired )

What I can’t test is compression and fuel pressure I have tried my con ecu same result tried another crank angle sensor ( second hand condition unknown But was running on old 280 ) Relays bypassed to fuel and ignition still the same

Intermitantly will run or try to fire then crank without even a hint

Can we have got the the injection harness order wrong or the the coil order wrong the information of Color to injectors and coils would be useful Seems unlikely but need to be checked

I get a compression tester tomorrow and a fuel pressure tester tomorrow but I feel this isn’t the problem I also have a new fuel pump arriving on the courier tomorrow ( The fuel pump has sat dry for a few months)

I’m not confidant that fuel pressure is the issue and as the engine has spark I’m confidant the crank angle sensor is ok I don’t have a Diagnostic tool to check for codes

Has anyone got basic tests I can do without a diagnostic tool

Any help would be appreciated

Cheers
John