Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I started wearing glasses about 6-7 years ago. I boat and snowmobile so for me it really sucked. The first couple years I got along with googles and Maui jims on the water. Then as my eyes dropped off it started affecting my depth perception , wave depth and ditch depth on the sled. I bit the bullet and learned to stick my finger in my eye and got contacts to wear for outdoor sports and some indoor sports. I love them. Its a learning process. My eyes are sensitive to them so the ones I wear are Bausch & lomb ultra's mutli focal which are like $90. for a 3 pair pak and there monthly's , but I wear them daily then sledding or boating and save them in solution. Best thing I can wear what ever sun glasses I want or on the sled any googles I want. If your going googles over glasses theres a ton of different ones rx for sledding. Try doing a search on HCS (Hardcoresledder). If you have eye insurance and they cover part of the cost of contacts its cheaper than rx sun/sport glasses. I know if I order Maui jim rx sun glasses its like $475. and there only going to last til your eyes change. The only down fall I notice is after a long run in a open air boat sometimes you need some lube/eye drops. JMO.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    M2 prescription Oakleys or contacts and regular M2s. I have the original M series and they work fine at least up to the mid 90s.

https://www.oakley.com/en-us/product...de=400-001-210

https://www.oakley.com/en-us/product...t=888392172181

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks all. Had to go to the optometrist anyway for a new prescription. Got a pair of prescription Costas. What a difference! Now I don’t fear the crab pots when I’m headed into a setting sun!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still ain't safe with Costas. Done lost over 10 pairs of costas, Oakley's, and Maui's in the boat. Getcha a good strap to hold em on. The "cablez" dont work too good lol!
    Last edited by Deznuts3570; 01-24-2020 at 06:42 PM.

Modded Hydrostream Vking
    Hydrostream Vking
    Hydrostream Viper
    Sold, Hydrostream Vector, Allison xb2002

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used Oakleys over my prescription glasses...Glasses froze behing the goggles and I hit a Mogul wide open during a ski race, had to have my shoulder rebuilt.
    Switched to J&J soft contacts and messed my corneas up even with goggles while racing Motocross and barefoot skiing.
    Had both eyes cut with LASIK which worked well for 15 years and then began to go farsighted.
    I have been through dozens of Polarized glasses since, then I had my Opthomologist cut me a pair of Harley D titanium prescription polarized glasses that seem to stay glued to my face even at WOT.

I agree the polarized lenses cause any device with LCD display [including gas pumps] to blank out.

You really need a good set of glasses or goggles due to a dragon fly hitting you at 70+ MPH on a Jet ski feels like a Bird-Strike in your eye.
    Last edited by JR IN JAX; 01-24-2020 at 06:30 PM.

"Confidence" is that wonderful feeling you had right before you fully understood your true situation.- Unknown
    I don’t know what effect these men will have upon the enemy, but, by God, they terrify me.- Duke of Wellington
    “I am not afraid of an Army of lions lead by a sheep; I am afraid of sheep lead by a lion.” – Alexander the Great
    Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons.-Douglas MacArthur

Allison GSE 300XS

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deznuts3570 View Post
    Still ain't safe with Costas. Done lost over 10 pairs of costas, Oakley's, and Maui's in the boat. Getcha a good strap to hold em on. The "cablez" dont work too good lol!
    After my 3rd pair of lost Oakleys in the river , wife said last pair u get #4 , I got cablez to put on em. They worked perfect for long time , but as soon as u dont put them on and leave em on ur hat , and stand on gas , yep there went #4 haha.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’ve got a pair of Bausch & Lomb aviators from my old flying days (40 yrs ago). The bows have “hooks” that go around the back of the ear.... they won’t come off. There’s some on EBay under vintage Bausch & Lomb aviators. Been using them for years, not at 100 but 75.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2