Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

245 Carbs

Trying to identify the carbs on this 245 i just purchased. The numbers and markings are as follows--Top #-3308-9672-c on the base/then left barrel top is WMH/right barrel top is XK. Thank you

Wentzville.MO 40 "miles west of St Louis"
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Post a pic of the wmh arra

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    after a few years of this style motor they were wmh 36 i bought some with wmh 7 on them and of couse the frist years were whm pumpers which i did not particularly like because of the leaking pumpers they did those for a couple /three models then they moved on to letting the motor builder re-jet there own carbs that they pick up from other departments hence the 7's as they were for the 150 motors but had the same jets as all 245's which jim ruck got me in contact the the guy he worked with at mercury he was where this came from i did have one set on a 245 that was stamped wmh xxxx towards the last of the time i was messing with these motas i hated them because of the cross drilled intake it was tough trying to set them right because the carbs did not know which cylinder it was running so idle all ways sucked but honked on in yonder gear

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    like bobby says.. wmh number didn't mater much.. merc used several different ones (whatever was handy).. it was all in tha jettin'.. first wmh's '91 (all of 'em had pumps, hi perf and production).. '92 some had complete pumps but some towards tha end of tha year only had a blank castin' for a pump.. again , all of 'em.. so ya need ta check jettin' on 'em..

unlike bobby I had no problem with tha crossed drilled thing.. maybe 'cause if motor was runnin' I mostly had "both feet" on tha floor....
    Last edited by tlwjkw; 12-14-2019 at 06:36 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I’m no carb guy but I agree with Tommy on last sentence.....
    With carbs and premix fuel......if its running its getting lubricated, a good thing...
    Personally I happen to like the fuel injection but more parts and electrics that could go wrong.
    If an injector is clogged you find out when you take out that cylinder.........
    If a carb has a needle/float hanging up you have fuel pouring out that carb......
    Both setups have the pro's and cons and up top they both seem to run very, very close.....my .02

When I have a carb question I ask tlwjkw.....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for the feedback. I have a set of WH-20s would i be better trying to use them on this motor. I have not messed with carbs in years,this is a new toy for me lol. Thank you

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I would be interested in the 245 carbs if they have the pumper set up. Or any clean pumper carbs with the same bore. Thanks Mike
    Cheaters never Win !!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TEXAS20225 View Post
    after a few years of this style motor they were wmh 36 i bought some with wmh 7 on them and of couse the frist years were whm pumpers which i did not particularly like because of the leaking pumpers they did those for a couple /three models then they moved on to letting the motor builder re-jet there own carbs that they pick up from other departments hence the 7's as they were for the 150 motors but had the same jets as all 245's which jim ruck got me in contact the the guy he worked with at mercury he was where this came from i did have one set on a 245 that was stamped wmh xxxx towards the last of the time i was messing with these motas i hated them because of the cross drilled intake it was tough trying to set them right because the carbs did not know which cylinder it was running so idle all ways sucked but honked on in yonder gear
    Can't remember the numbers but the first ones had pumps that worked, then had all the pump linkage but the pump cavity had no holes to let fuel in or out, just decoration my late 91 was that way. then they went to non pumper carbs.

Dave
    1980 Cougar 19 tunnel,90 2.4L Bridgeport EFI in middle of restoration.
    1988 BAJA Sunsport 186, 96 225 Pro Max
    79 12' Auminum, 95 Merc 9.9
    RIP Stu
    "So many idiots, so few bullets"