Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Canadian Fuel Injection Service - North America Wide - Testing Cleaning Servicing!

Hey guys! I'm Blake and I own and operate Canadian Fuel Injection Service. We clean, test, and service fuel injectors in almost anything, but we specialize in marine applications. I'm pretty new here, but have been reading on SnF for quite a while. Anyways if you want to say hi click the link below to my introduction thread. Lets keep this one for injector related posts.

Introduction Thread:
    https://www.screamandfly.com/showthread.php?347747-New-Member-Introduction-Blake-CF-Injection-Service

ENOUGH ABOUT ME, LETS GET TO THE GOOD STUFF!
    What do we do? -
    SIMPLE, We test, clean and service fuel injectors!

What does this mean though?

We take your fuel injectors that have been removed from your motor, we test them for flow pattern consistency, sticking shut or leaking, static flow rates (injector held wide open), dynamic flow rate (simulates regular use conditions, from cranking to 5000rpm), inductance (measures the actual electrical magnetic field strength created by the internal coil). If there are any other tests that you require, we can custom tailor our service to meet your needs. If you need it, we can do it. That being said we find that these tests are a good indication of most issues and anything more specific in terms of RPM or Duty Cycle usually does not show anything we can't see on our regular tests.

After this is done, the injectors are disassembled for cleaning. The tiny internal filters are removed, along with all o-rings, seals, and rubber spacers. Next we take the injectors and put them in a heated ultrasonic bath, with a cleaning solution formulated specifically for this task. While the injectors sit in the cozy bath, they are cycled using our testing machine. This not only opens and closes the pintle allowing cleaning fluid into the injector, but it actually back-flushes any deposits or debris from the injector itself. This test is repeated until we are satisfied that there are no more deposits in the injectors.

The final step is re-testing, where we repeat all the initial tests and compare the results. At this point we know if there are any injectors that should be replaced or if all are suitable to be run. Before the final test we replace the internal filters and o-rings. The injectors are individually bagged and labeled according to the numbers on the provided test result sheet.

If it runs on gas and is fuel injected we can help you!
    We work on:

• Yamaha HPDI - $35 USD / $ 45CAD
    • Optimax Fuel - $35 USD / $45 CAD
    • Optimax Air - $40 USD / $55 CAD
    • HOSE FEED INJECTORS (2.5 EFI etc.) - $25 USD / $35 CAD
    • Evinrude eTec !!! - $55 USD / $75 CAD <----------------***********
    • 4-Stroke - any brand! - $25 USD / $35 CAD - Mercury, Yamaha, Suzuki, Evinrude/Johnson, Honda, Touhatsu, Mercruiser, Volvo Penta etc.
    • All automotive injectors - (except PIEZO injectors on European cars)
    • Ultrasonic Fuel Rail Cleaning (INCLUDING OPTIMAX)
    • Throttle Body & Carb Cleaning(We don't do automotive style carbs at this point ie. Mercruiser, Volvo Penta)

I'm sure I missed something along the way. I have provided a link to my website below, as well as my Instagram profile, I post when I can but sometimes work gets in the way.

Let me know what you think, good, bad, UGLY, I want to hear feedback from you guys. Questions, anything, let me know in this thread!

http://injectorservice.com
    https://www.instagram.com/injectorservice_com/
    Last edited by InjectorService; 12-07-2019 at 08:57 PM.

www.InjectorService.com
    Call/Text - 204-326-0390

2. Likes kellytheaker, tnelsmn liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I recently got asked by a forum member here, on how to properly remove fuel injectors and direct injectors from an Optimax motor. I have attached some snippets from the service manual (this particular manual was for a ~2008 225 Optimax, manuals may vary)

Removal of the fuel injectors (usually red in color), avoid using vice grips or screwdrivers to pry on these, the plastic connectors may be damaged.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Optimax Fuel Injector Removal.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	115.7 KB 
ID:	453607

Once the fuel injectors are removed you can remove the 2 lock nuts from each fuel rail. I believe they require a 15mm socket for removal. The fuel rails can now be separated from the direct injectors, and cylinder heads. V-6 models have 2 fuel rails, while the smaller 3-cylinder models only have 1 fuel rail.

Here you will see the instructions on how to remove the air or direct injectors. What this part of the service manual is missing is the special tool, I have listed it below. You should be able to tell if the Teflon ring has been leaking, there will be signs of combustion on the ring. Regardless, on our services the ring is replaced.

Name:	Optimax Fuel Injector Removal 2.jpg 
Views:	179 
Size:	143.8 KB 
ID:	453608

Below is the listing from the tool catalog on the injector removal tool. The part number you are looking for is 91-883521.

Name:	Injector Removal Tool.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	61.9 KB 
ID:	453609

Now, if you are removing and replacing the injectors yourself, and want to replace the Teflon sealing ring, you will need the ring sizing tool, and the Teflon ring installation tool. Part numbers 91-851980-2, and 91-851980-3. Again, if you send your injectors in, we do this for you, so you won't require these tools.

Name:	Teflon Sealing Ring Tool.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	99.2 KB 
ID:	453610

I hope this helps some of you out! If I missed something or have something to add, let me know!
    Last edited by InjectorService; 11-28-2019 at 04:48 PM.

www.InjectorService.com
    Call/Text - 204-326-0390

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The video below is exactly why we do what we do. You can see the OBVIOUS difference in flow on these Mercury EFI 2.5 injectors. Also check out the CRUD that came out of #4! Wow!

BEFORE:

AFTER CLEANING:

Pictures of the before and after if you don't want to watch the video:

The crud found in #4.
    Last edited by InjectorService; 12-12-2019 at 07:43 PM.

www.InjectorService.com
    Call/Text - 204-326-0390

5. Thanks Mike Nass thanked for this post
    Likes tnelsmn liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great work buddy! Keep it up!
    15.5 cobra 175 hp merc - sold
    18 tahiti tiger O/B 200 hp merc - sold
    19 STV euro - 2.5 merc DRAG
    Seebold F1 tunnel - 2.0 F1/champ

7. Thanks InjectorService thanked for this post
    Wentzville.MO 40 "miles west of St Louis"
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just visited your website looking for a email link and could not find a way to contact you on your homepage other than facebook or snap or tweet. Customer looking to have injectors serviced but can not find contact info.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Roadkill, thanks for the inquiry. There is a contact form on the "Service Booking" page, but I'll take a look and try to make it easier to navigate. I'll send you a message on here with my email and we can get a service booked in for you.
    Blake

www.InjectorService.com
    Call/Text - 204-326-0390

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How To Replace Hoses On Mercury Hose-Feed Style Injectors

I hope you guys all had a Merry Christmas! I wanted to leave a little tidbit of information on how I replace the hoses on the hose fed Bosch injectors found on Mercury motors. I'm sure a lot or most of you know how to do this but hopefully someone is able to be helped by this.

First off a quick history on this injector. The injector is made by Bosch, and has part number 0 280 150 036. These injectors were originally found on some early to mid 70s Jaguar, Mercedes-Benz, and Volvo cars. If you look at the fuel rail on those cars they have a very similar design to the Mercury fuel rails. Bosch quit manufacturing these injectors in 2007, although I believe Mercury still has some available (at a pretty high ridiculous price tag).

1. The first thing you need to do is remove the old fuel hose. I cut the hose down the middle on each side with an Olfa knife. You could do this into 3 or 4 sections if you want but I find this works well and is the fastest.

2. Here you will see the hose cut into 2 pieces and pulled apart by hand, if you try to remove the hose now, it may come but will be very difficult. Most of the time it won't come at all.

3. Next you need to get in with a small art knife. You won't be able to do this with the Olfa knife, you can't cut deep enough. You need to cut all the way through the braided middle portion of the hose

4. Now you can grab your pliers, and pull off each side. Usually they come off 1 at a time. Make sure you pull away from the barbed end of the injector, not towards.

5. Here you see the 2 halves of the hose, as well as the ferrule. The ferrule is reusable. Do not cut it if you don't have to. They can be difficult to find, and must be used for re-assembly.

6. You can now reassemble the injector, with the original ferrule, and a small piece of fuel injection rated hose. Do not use the low pressure hose that feeds from your fuel tank, it must have the center braided portion. I cut these to 1.5" long.

7. Here you will see how I assemble the hose onto the injector. The hose is pressed tightly against the ferrule. The ferrule is there to keep the hose from expanding and sliding off the barbs.

7B. This picture shows how I have modified my clamp simply by drilling a hole partially through it. This end is placed on the pintle cap. This prevents the pintle itself from being bent or damaged in this process. Do NOT clamp the injector if you have not done this. Alternatively you could use a small piece of pipe or a socket over the pintle cap.

8. This is the final product. Looks like factory.

Things to keep in mind / Common mistakes:

1. These injectors are NOT meant to be used with hose clamps of any type. The barbs on them are quite sharp and the hose will be cut if too much force is applied around it. These operate in the same way as the "push-to-connect" fuel fittings you can buy today.

2. Don't cut or damage the ferrules if you don't have to. They are reusable but often people cut them because they can't get the hose off any other way. You won't be able to remove the hose in 1 piece, it has to be cut.

3. If you are in a pinch and had to cut a ferrule, rather than using a hose clamp I would suggest using a hose style zip tie to secure the lower part of the hose where the ferrule would go. If you do have to clamp them, do it lightly and install the new ferrules and hose as soon as you can.

4. These ferrules are not available from auto parts stores, Mercury, Mercedes, Volvo, Jaguar, or even Bosch. If you need some let me know and I can get some mailed out to you.

5. As I said earlier these injectors are used on older European cars. If you can find a junkyard that has those particular cars you are in luck. If the part numbers match, they are the same. In fact this is probably your best source for quality used injectors if you can find them.

I hope this helped some of you guys out, if you have any other questions or explanations I could help you with let me know and Ill do my best to get a post up about it!

Blake
    Canadian Fuel Injection Service
    www.injectorservice.com

www.InjectorService.com
    Call/Text - 204-326-0390

11. Thanks Brookbbb, David Borg thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great info Blake! Very detailed and Informative! Thanks!
    15.5 cobra 175 hp merc - sold
    18 tahiti tiger O/B 200 hp merc - sold
    19 STV euro - 2.5 merc DRAG
    Seebold F1 tunnel - 2.0 F1/champ

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shipping Information - Domestic and International

I wanted to make this post to answer some shipping related questions that some of you have asked me, or issues and workarounds I have experienced.

The first thing we should go through is shipping rates. Shipping injectors is very easy and not very costly at all.

If shipping from Canada you have 2 options:
    1. Flat Rate Box - This is the simplest option in my opinion. Very often I use this for return shipping within Canada. The price is $17.99 Canadian, anywhere within Canada. Injectors fit nicely in the package with some room for bubble wrap. The nice thing is you don't need to find a box, tape, label, etc. Just go to you post office, buy one of these, put the injectors in, and drop it in your closest mailbox.

2. Customer Packaging - This option is a little more complicated, finding a box, boxing tape, address labels etc. Sometimes there is some money to be saved if you are quite close to us, but more often than not the flat rate boxes are cheaper. This might be a good option for eTec injectors which are a little bigger and heavier.

If shipping from the United States I would recommend the following:
    1. Flat Rate Box - Again, I feel like this is the simplest option. No need to go to the post office to check rates, etc. FedEx and UPS are usually a fair amount more for an international box to Canada. I know you guys generally like to us UPS or FedEx, but when shipping internationally you will save a ton of money on border crossing fees etc.

*IMPORTANT* - Make sure you label the package as a "Return for Service or Warranty" this is to ensure that you won't be charged for any cross border shipping fees. When an item is sold into another country the receiver/importer (me in this case) is responsible for paying for the duty/tax on the value of the item being imported. If you ship the item as a "Repair or Warranty Return" you will not be charged this.
    Doing this is not shady or illegal in any way, the items are being shipped cross-border, tested and cleaned, and returned to you. No sale of goods takes place.

ALSO - Don't under value the goods being shipped (example, if shipping a set of 6 fuel injectors, don't set the value as $3, set it at ~$250). This value is different than insurance. This won't cost any additional money, but it can help with delays. If the value is set too low it can get flagged and inspected, causing delays.

I hope this helps some of you sort out some of the shipping costs and difficulties shipping items. Its something most people don't do that often, especially internationally. As you can see, shipping Internationally really is not very much more expensive than shipping Domestically.

Blake
    CFIS

www.InjectorService.com
    Call/Text - 204-326-0390

14. Likes tnelsmn liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fresh announcement! We are now a NIZPRO dealer! We are offering tunes and superchargers for Yamaha 200hp+ V6 motors!

www.InjectorService.com
    Call/Text - 204-326-0390

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Blake, what is the brand and part number of the machine you use to clean the injectors? Also where can I buy one with the right electrical connector? Thanks

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JOSEPH SHULMAN View Post
    Blake, what is the brand and part number of the machine you use to clean the injectors? Also where can I buy one with the right electrical connector? Thanks
    Do some digging, I'm sure you will find it shortly enough. I will tell you though, that its about $15k to start.

www.InjectorService.com
    Call/Text - 204-326-0390