Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who has the best price on SeaStar Hyd steering?

Any dealers on here that give the group a good price on Sea Star pro Hyd steering?

Thanks Stoney

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check out amazon

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just put in the part number in a google search and it will surface the best price. Depending on the type of SeaStar part prices run the gamut across resellers. No one reseller seems to consistently have the lowest price.
    Mark

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You may find some good pricing to know what they can be bought for but pay attention to shipping and such . I always try and offer similar prices at the dealer and hope to not offend but I try and deal with so done local in hopes they continue to be able to exist . If we all just buy on line it will eradicate any shops that have a footprint in business and there will be a day you might like to have a shop close by . I' Not saying pay a bunch more just try and find a reasonable price so your aware what stuff costs and give them a good opportunity at it . Instead of immediately going to Wal-Mart or Amazon . I have heard my auto parts guy stating if people keep shopping online they are going to put everyone out of business . Then where will you be - i have heard people stating buy American for years and if you look back it was about the offshore movement of corporations and now the saying is back and we are trying to bring back those corporations to stay healthy. It sure is nice to drive a short distance and grab some small stuff for our projects that we require . Like an auto parts place .

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I understand the sentiment but the world is not going to reset itself no matter how much we want that to happen. What’s happened within the industry are smart local business people who have figured out how to augment their brick and mortar. For example, I’ve found an online supplier for Mercury OEM parts that offers their entire catalog at prices 10%-40% off with reliable delivery that happens to be a full line brick and mortar marine dealer with a thriving business, not part of some conglomerate. What I’ve also discovered is the majority of the online sites selling marine equipment like Seastar are part of an affiliate program Seastar has built. They offer the website and customer service and drop ship inventory directly from Seastar/Sierra warehouses at discounted prices and reliable customer service.

While I’m a huge customer of Amazon, have been for more than 15 years I rarely shop them for marine parts, their supplier channel is fraught with Chinese knockoffs and less than reliable affiliates. Example, do a search for something generic like a garboard plug and see the 20 pages of crap mixed in with real products like Atwood or Sierra. For those I go to my local supply store, West Marine or one of the reliable online resellers like Defender.

Anyway, I’ve used a number of Seastar affiliates over the years, https://www.jamestowndistributors.com and https://www.wholesalemarine.com/ with good results.
    Mark

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I agree with Mark. If you are a retailer in today's world, you need an internet presence along with your local walk-in traffic. Leaders marine in Kalamazoo Mi. is a place where we bought stuff 40 years ago and I still order from them today at very competitive prices even though I am 1000 miles from their store now "they operate a massive e-bay store".

Joe

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the input everyone!

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Stoney

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Great points - thanks for improving and correcting those points

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I figured I’d throw this out there as they did a great job sourcing all the harnesses and small parts I needed to re-rig for the 300R. They don’t stock a lot but since they are also in FL I never waited more than 3 or 4 days for even the most obscure parts. They order daily from Mercury and most of the stuff comes out of a GA Mercury warehouse.

https://mercuryperformance.com/parts/
    Mark