Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Merc 2.5 View Post
    Everyone says dont run a 2.5 on 2.4 adapter plates buttt....
    I did just that. installed a 2.5 on a 2.4 mid with 2.4 adapter plates and got little over 50hrs on it. lots of wot runs. Perfect water pressure great cooling , no issues for me. Just make sure u use the 2.4 gaskets. u will run hot with 2.5 gaskets. Mite have to trim exhaust dump holes to make em match
    i read that the 2.4 1pc is the perfered plate to use , from a known race builder, so you got it right! be safe.

2. Likes Merc 2.5 liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KIRCHNER View Post
    i read that the 2.4 1pc is the perfered plate to use , from a known race builder, so you got it right! be safe.
    I'm pretty sure that there's no problem swapping 1pc plates. The 2.4 is usually "preferred" because the dump holes in the 2.5 plate are oversized. Many restrict the dump holes when using a 2.5 1pc plate.

The difference is in the passages on a 2.4 and 2.5 2pc plate. They are different, I haven't spent enough time studying the differences because I've never needed to...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nitro_rat View Post
    I'm pretty sure that there's no problem swapping 1pc plates. The 2.4 is usually "preferred" because the dump holes in the 2.5 plate are oversized. Many restrict the dump holes when using a 2.5 1pc plate.

The difference is in the passages on a 2.4 and 2.5 2pc plate. They are different, I haven't spent enough time studying the differences because I've never needed to...
    thats exactly what i read. once im up and runnin garage sale time, stuff im tired of lookin at!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I ended up with really good volume and pressure just rite up to 7k which ain't a whole lot rpm or nothin but it's done great. and I was very very nervous bout it , so theres just no signs for me that a 2.5 wont work on a 2.4 plates if rite gastes installed
    O well maybe I should say this to. If u get the 2nd gen 2.0 gasket which is same as 2.4 but has the big exhaust dumps like the promax and 260. So.no trimming.
    Again. It wasnt a experiment for me. i was told to do it. Works like stock I'm sure I'll get hammered bout this hahaha

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3