Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaz View Post
    You are correct, he did ask about the sub-300 HP .... 300 . Not the over 300 HP / 300 .

I give up , what does the 200 HP model make ...

[/FONT][/COLOR][/LEFT] Chaz = wunderin, how much power the stickers are worth ...
    225hp for the 200ProXS as shown below, so technically the 300 ProXS only makes 71hp more even though the sticker says there’s a 100hp difference. The 10% rule makes things a little fishy as the 300SeaPro (detuned for longevity) makes the same power as the 250ProXS...
    https://ww3.arb.ca.gov/msprog/offroa...w-001-0490.pdf

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like the 225 pro xs is really a 245. So there you have it...a 225 hp 200 pro xs can be converted to a 245 hp 225 pro xs with only a cal (and don’t forget the stickers) but probably no further without the 276-296 hp 250-300 pro xs throttle body and definitely not to the 316 hp 300R without that and a manifold and some cams. Simple enough...
    Last edited by engineermike; 11-05-2019 at 08:05 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PRE-Z06 View Post
    225hp for the 200ProXS as shown below, so technically the 300 ProXS only makes 71hp more even though the sticker says there’s a 100hp difference. The 10% rule makes things a little fishy as the 300SeaPro (detuned for longevity) makes the same power as the 250ProXS...
    https://ww3.arb.ca.gov/msprog/offroa...w-001-0490.pdf
    Borg + Beck third pedal ,

More info than I wante ... err .. was expecting ..

But now that you went all in ... I must be honest ... I'm emotionally distraught that they do not offer a :
    199.99 HP model NoProXS200
    212.4964 HP SemiProXS200
    ( as well as the standard ) 225 HP XS200
    ( or a gaudy stickered -up 225 that claims 229.501 ) .. > AllProStXS200

Chaz = spit my drink out my nose when Mr. pocket protector warned of voiding the wty ...

Don’t expect to retain the warranty, though, if that is a priority for you.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaz View Post
    Chaz = spit my drink out my nose when Mr. pocket protector warned of voiding the wty ...
    I can’t say I’m surprised you were triggered by that. But let me break it down for the OP’s benefit.

Say you wanted to get over in Mother Merc and buy a 200 pro xs and convert it to a 300 pro xs. You’ll save $8000 on the engine price. Then you get the Simon programmer and 300 cal, throttle body and all the bits to make it work, and don’t forget the decal set. You’re out another $2000. So now you physically have a 300 pro xs and are $6000 ahead. However, you’ve sacrificed your warranty along the way. As with most things, a warranty has a value. Looks like the value of a 3 yr merc warranty is a few thousand give or take so you could still be a few thousand ahead.

Now, you’d have to deduct some more due to only having the resale “value” of a 200 pro xs based on serial number. And all this assumes, of course, that your cal is THE genuine merc cal with all its testing and validation. If it’s not, then deduct some more and see if you’re still financially to the good.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by engineermike View Post
    I can’t say I’m surprised you were triggered by that. But let me break it down for the OP’s benefit.
    Yes grasshoppa .. the heart of an old master finds much joy , in seeing his teachings not spent in vain .. but explained in detail to the next generation ...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Keep telling yourself that....you might even believe it one day.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Must sukk to have the sense of humor of a cactus ..

Chaz= thinking, Hillery if you like .. I can dig up your words .. and I can dig up mine , and we can see who's words your latest posts .... mirror

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Go ahead...you won’t find any contradictions in my posts. You might have trouble finding some of your old posts though...

Edit: Hey Chaz, rather than ruining ANOTHER potentially interesting and useful thread, how about you do EVERYONE a favor and take your problems with me to Private Message? I can assure you that no one looking to upgrade a 200 pro xs to a 300 pro xs cares about your attempts to misrepresent my prior statements about warranties.
    Last edited by engineermike; 11-07-2019 at 07:21 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Well you can grab your popcorn and do the whole thing ... or start here ... >

https://www.screamandfly.com/showthr...400R%26quot%3B

That's where WTY be daymed .. well, until you found out that the only guy interested in the shrimphead (verado) aftermarket passed away. Which left you ... LMAO to blaze the trail. Since your a follower , not a leader .. you flopped like a fish on a hot dock and are now "Pro- WTY"

Sensi Challeezan ..

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Precisely no one is going to click on that because precisely no one cares about your personal vendetta against me and your passing match. I never flip flopped....and as I predicted....you’re misrepresenting what I posted.....not surprising. Take it to PM. No one in this thread cares.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I care.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Chaz, you going to go fetch powerabout too so he can act interested as well? This is the funniest (and most pathetic) part yet!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You were right, I didn't click Chaz link, but if memory serves me correctly you were bragging something about how no one cares about warranty and everyone slaps superchargers on there 3 day old mustang's, or something to that effect.

Anyway I think it was that thread where I asked you what it was that you engineer. You still haven't answered, my guess is still cereal boxes.

One more thing, if these merc 4 jokes are half as good as you fan boys would like us a all to believe, why would they need a warranty in the first place?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Whaaaaat View Post
    Anyway I think it was that thread where I asked you what it was that you engineer. You still haven't answered, my guess is still cereal boxes.
    I thought it was toasters, perhaps giving him wayyyyy too much credit.

Yes, Mike .. that's it . A conspiracy .... LMAO

I must have misunderstood you .. I thought it was an assignment....
    I easily found where you flip-flopped .. and my original post where I stuck to what I have said all along, that 99% of guys with new outboards will not do anything to them that could or would void their wty .. I can't blame them, they pay a lot of money to have the right to complain their way into a brand new powerhead, even if the problem turns out to be in the boat, be it mechanical or owner error.

You never answered my question either ... How many HP are the decals worth ???

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ....you were bragging something about how no one cares about warranty and everyone slaps superchargers on there 3 day old mustang's, or something to that effect.
    Wrong! Please stop lying about what I posted!

That's correct...and I won't answer because it's none of your business. I will say that a I did work for some time in the engine development group of a large 2-cycle engine manufacturer, though.

One more thing, if these merc 4 jokes are half as good as you fan boys would like us a all to believe, why would they need a warranty in the first place?
    Good question...but I could ask the same question about prior and current 2-cycle engines that have warranties as well.

Now, it's quite obvious that you and Chaz have some personal beef with me and intend to ruin every thread I post in. The first page of this one (~15 posts) was relatively useful, but the second page is nearly all personal attacks and bickering. I would ask AGAIN that you take your personal issues with me to PM and, for the sake of the forum, stop ruining these threads.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast