Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaz View Post
    ...I easily found where you flip-flopped ..
    Wrong! You've found nothing of the sort.

And once again, all these lies and stupidity are doing nothing for the technical discussion that the OP requested. I've asked 3 times now to take your personal beef with me to PM because it's only hurting the forum and nobody who came here for technical discussion cares that you don't like engineers or 4-stroke outboards. Why do you refuse? I can only speculate....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Ahh yea .. like I want to speak to you in private ...

So then, you basically call me a liar .. they are your own words.

Stupidity is not recognizing your name next to them.

See even after calling me a liar and stupid .. I have no beef with you, I realize your so busy pointing a finger that you are blind to the three pointing back at you.
    If you weren't such a baby, all you had to do was say .. yea , I changed my views since then .. But no , you'd rather look like an idiot denying your own words and then arguing about nothing. I see you haven't grown up or learned to take personal responsibility for even your own words. Pretty sad really. It really doesn't matter to me, I don't put any value in what you have to say .. since I haven't seen you do or build anything .. except for maybe a cereal box or two ..

And I still have a tech question .. That wha- whaaa - whaaa .. I asked three times
    How much HP are the decals worth .. ?

No, nevermind, don't answer ... I'll man-up and walk ..

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ahh yea .. like I want to speak to you in private ...

Sure....no point in PM because you want the audience (even though no one is reading this stupidity). I figured as much. You’d rather have an audience and ruin ANOTHER thread than take your personal attacks private. The invitation is still there. Consider what the forum is for and be considerate to those who actually want to talk boats.

So then, you basically call me a liar .. they are your own words.

Way to contradict yourself. FYI “your own words” is used to refer to a direct quotation, not an incorrect summary.

See even after calling me a liar and stupid ..

I suppose if you were right to begin with, you wouldn’t have to lie about anything I said.

I have no beef with you,....

Anyone who’s read even a small number of your posts targeting me knows this isn’t true.

... all you had to do was say .. yea , I changed my views since then ...

If I said that, then I would by lying too! I never said nobody needed or valued warranties before and I never said everyone ought have one now. Hold onto your hats because I bought an extended warranty for one car while simultaneously voiding the warranty on another. True story. Was that a flip flop too? Every situation is different, but I thought as much was obvious.

.. since I haven't seen you do or build anything ....

Remember the time you challenged me to build a car and get kicked out of a track for running under 10 but then found I already did?

...I see you haven't grown up .... I still have a tech question .. That wha- whaaa - whaaa .. I asked three times How much HP are the decals worth .. ? ...

It doesn’t seem the least bit hypocritical of you to tell others to stop acting like a baby and grow up, meanwhile asking 3 or 4 times how much power stickers add?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yawwwnnnnnn ...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Whaaaaat View Post
    You were right, I didn't click Chaz link, but if memory serves me correctly you were bragging something about how no one cares about warranty and everyone slaps superchargers on there 3 day old mustang's, or something to that effect.

Anyway I think it was that thread where I asked you what it was that you engineer. You still haven't answered, my guess is still cereal boxes.

One more thing, if these merc 4 jokes are half as good as you fan boys would like us a all to believe, why would they need a warranty in the first place?
    because it's a machine, made by humans and damn of I wanna foot the bill to fix the one in 100,000 powerheads that eats itself in the first 10 hours because that's just my damn luck. Lol

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Please let's keep personal attacks off the forum. I hate to see good threads spoiled by that. Please, just for the good of the site (and my stress levels). I hate to have to edit and remove posts, but it's the only way to salvage good content that would otherwise be negated personal attacks. I am asking that we not play this out here.

I am going to also be up-front and say that I will be doing some clean-up here. I hate to have to do it, I really do, but sometimes it's required.

Greg

Facebook | YouTube | Vintage Outboard Catalogs
    Photo prints available of your boat - click here

7. Thanks engineermike thanked for this post
    Likes Carlson150XS liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, Greg. Feel free to delete any of my responses that do not speak to the technical issue at hand.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

300r

Quote Originally Posted by engineermike View Post
    Thanks, Greg. Feel free to delete any of my responses that do not speak to the technical issue at hand.
    I read most of this pissing match to see if anyone was modifying the 300R. Maybe someone will because that would be interesting!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by riverlivin View Post
    I read most of this pissing match to see if anyone was modifying the 300R. Maybe someone will because that would be interesting!
    I scour the Internet minus Facebook regularly searching for info on modified modern merc 4-strokes and never can seem to turn up much. I did find some decent results on recalibrated 350’s and posted here:

https://www.screamandfly.com/showthr...-on-350-Verado

I wouldn’t say that’s comparable to the 300r, though, because we know the 350 is already capable of 400 hp since the power heads are the same. I don’t know for sure if the 300r is being held back by its cal but I venture to say no since merc used different hard parts to get to where it is.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by engineermike View Post
    I scour the Internet minus Facebook regularly searching for info on modified modern merc 4-strokes and never can seem to turn up much. I did find some decent results on recalibrated 350’s and posted here:

https://www.screamandfly.com/showthr...-on-350-Verado

I wouldn’t say that’s comparable to the 300r, though, because we know the 350 is already capable of 400 hp since the power heads are the same. I don’t know for sure if the 300r is being held back by its cal but I venture to say no since merc used different hard parts to get to where it is.
    I did here that you can have the R motor flashed like the xs I won't say who is doing it on a public forum but it is supposed to pick up the rpm limit to 6700. That would be helpful for the guy who wants to run a smaller pitch for quickness and still turn a decent number. All these big numbers with the 300r are great but it takes a while to get there.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    For those that have a better tune-up than the nerd dept. @ Mercury ..
    Just buy what the better hackers use ...

https://www.alientech-tuning.com/

Chaz = thinkin, the 10K buy-in and yearly subscription fee's along with no logged 02 references on a stocker ... will keep many as just that ..... stockers

Titanium anyone ...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FWIW the 300r, and I believe all the new merc v6 and v8 outboards, have wideband o2 sensors from the factory.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Big difference between standing there staring at a sensor and "retrieving" the information it has provided.

Show me a simple log or snap-shot of the A/F ratio from a 5000 to 6000 in 50 RPM increments as the TPS moves from cruise to 3/4 throttle and then from cruise to WFO. I'll wait ...

The days of "moving the limiter" by cut and pasting the 5000 to 6000 parameters in the 6000 to 7000 RPM slots and seeing no gain are over. Well at least for those that know the difference.

Like I said :
    Chaz = thinkin, the 10K buy-in and yearly subscription fee's along with no logged 02 references on a stocker ... will keep many as just that ..... stockers

Titanium anyone ...

Chaz= thinkin, I left enough space for "anyone" who feels the need to further micro-manage and deflect my every word in an obscure direction ...

The above character is fictitious. It is in no way aimed at anyone in particular, the likeness of Jack Nickelson, Col. Jessop, the Marine Corp uniform, or ChaZoom, is merely coincidental .....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Call me crazy...but if you had the resources and know-how to buy $10k in tuning software and make it work then surely you could figure out a way to extract a signal from a simple factory wideband. I’ve done it many times using factory and aftermarket widebands so it can’t be that hard. Not to mention mercury diagnostic software. I can think of at least a few ways to do it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Many, most, majority, will remain stock ... for a multitude of reasons. (is that better)

The "snap-shot" I asked for is a term that "Woodward Mototune-MotoHawk" Oooppss .. err .. sorry, I meant to keep this simple ... The "factory software" uses to allow a technician to review event's in the past.

And ... NO ... they won't sell you a dongle .. err .. a key to B+E the Mercury licensed software.

I still remain, that extending the limiter even further beyond the torque peak is a fool's game .. without bringing along the hard parts to improve air flow in that RPM range. I believe the term for that is : Pecking away at nothing !

No need in preaching to the choir on the use of 02 sensors though ... My boat has had both EGT and 02 for quite a while now ...

Your's ... ? I'm guessing ........ Nope

So when I got up in the middle of the night to "leave a leak" I had a hankerin for a bowl of Raisin Bran. It dawned on me, that I have to keep my cereal in a Tupperware container to keep it fresh. It's been over 60+ years of my life time ... and you people have yet to come up with an easy open-easy seal cereal bag. If your job is to lick the glue on the box flap, could you please pass along my concerns to your higher up's ...

On a personal level ... I thought it was very nice of you to give Greg permission to delete inappropriate posts you made ..... on his web-site

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3