Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks guys! This boat is Bad-Ass! Summer can not come fast enough. These 300R motors are incredible! Torque and serious power! Thanks Paul for a smooth deal/info and thank you Joe for all the info. We'll see how it compares, but unfortunately it will have to wait until next spring. I can tell you one thing for sure already..this boat is very quick and definitely very fast. We'll find out how she runs in some decent chop next year. Tomorrow I'll be spending the day cleaning all the road grime and salt off her from the trip. Paul did amazing job rigging this boat with top shelf parts, I just happen to benefit from his hard work and expertise. Later, Dave
    2018 South Bay 3.0+ Tritoon W/Merc 400R

2019 Wright Perfomance 36, twin Merc 400R's

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I have propellers coming in two weeks. Don't bury it too deep, you might need to get at it if the ice pulls out early....130 is the goal and we won't quit until we score.

Joe

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very cool boat, that is for sure
    22' Activator w/ 250xs Merc Opti, back home again

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad you put you man pants on and told you wife to stay in the kitchen. Looks great Dave!

Larry Gempp Jr.

Proud HydroStream Powertour Member

Lots of past boats - 2024 22 Liberator - 450R

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Speed Jr. View Post
    Glad you put you man pants on and told you wife to stay in the kitchen. Looks great Dave!

Keep talking **** Liberator Larry!
    2018 South Bay 3.0+ Tritoon W/Merc 400R

2019 Wright Perfomance 36, twin Merc 400R's

6. Likes Speed Jr. liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My thoughts on the boat compared to a 28 Skater as to styling, fit and finish the DW hands down is a much better boat. The ride of the DW seems very stable with a wider stance. Both have the same beam but the DW has a wider tunnel and narrow sponsons for a more stable ride at high speed. We did not see the rough water ability as we only had boat wakes to cross which the DW handled with ease. Water was only a 6" chop in testing. As to speed and acceleration, the DW with the 300R's would kill any 28 Skater with 300X that I have experienced. I think it would not even be close. The engine and hull combo of the Doug Wright pulled really hard with 120 gals of gas and four people to 115 mph Dave let off the throttle while it was still climbing. Dave is a smart driver not trying to wring it out with only 10 minutes of seat time with passengers on board. It was so quick the GPS was clicking up in increments of 5 mph not the counting of 1 mph like a 300X Skater. Plus we were only at 6020 RPM with a 6450 redline. This boat will be crazy fast. The boat will require some skill to learn the sweet spots with trim with the wider tunnel packing air. But I was very pleased with the performance. I honestly can say not many cats impress me as this hull did.

8. Thanks blkmtrfan, JPEROG thanked for this post
    Likes JPEROG, Z06man liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Gave me a smile just looking at the pictures so can' imagine having it in my garage - watch you don' trip looking back at it . And hearing you talk about the power and the excitement in your statement . Early Christmas .

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dave -

That third picture posted ( full boat from the side ) just looks wicked !!!!!!!!!! You are going to love that beast.

MDS

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad Zastrow View Post
    My thoughts on the boat compared to a 28 Skater as to styling, fit and finish the DW hands down is a much better boat. The ride of the DW seems very stable with a wider stance. Both have the same beam but the DW has a wider tunnel and narrow sponsons for a more stable ride at high speed. We did not see the rough water ability as we only had boat wakes to cross which the DW handled with ease. Water was only a 6" chop in testing. As to speed and acceleration, the DW with the 300R's would kill any 28 Skater with 300X that I have experienced. I think it would not even be close. The engine and hull combo of the Doug Wright pulled really hard with 120 gals of gas and four people to 115 mph Dave let off the throttle while it was still climbing. Dave is a smart driver not trying to wring it out with only 10 minutes of seat time with passengers on board. It was so quick the GPS was clicking up in increments of 5 mph not the counting of 1 mph like a 300X Skater. Plus we were only at 6020 RPM with a 6450 redline. This boat will be crazy fast. The boat will require some skill to learn the sweet spots with trim with the wider tunnel packing air. But I was very pleased with the performance. I honestly can say not many cats impress me as this hull did.

This comment comes from a guy that is totally qualified to make one. The new motors are just getting started "we are only seeing the very mild side of things so far" Thanks Brad-

These DW28s were designed to be a fast river boat and that is exactly what they are. If people are looking for a rough water boat, this nor a 28 skater is the answer. With 25 plus years of boating on lake Michigan's West coast, and now having a place on LOTO, I can tell you that it takes a 36 foot boat or longer to really run "safely" in that type of water and outboards with their lightweight nature are not the best answer either. These boats can best be described as an STV on steroids.

Joe

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love the DW's but comparing a new DW with 300R's to a 28 Skater with 300x's isn't apples to apples. No doubt the acceleration is gonna be way different with the four strokes. Beautiful boat by the way!!

13. Likes mikesufka liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rough water I was thinking of how it will handle our Chain o Lakes on the weekends. We have a lot of boat traffic that really stirs up the water so much a STV can not even be on plane. The 28 Skater eats up that water nicely and I assume the DW will be equally good. We have run 28 Skaters on Lake Michigan and in the Ozarks on Shootout weekend. A good driver can handle it but it will be dicey. I agree anything less than 36' can be tough in true offshore conditions. Hard to stay on top of the waves with anything less. Going to be a long winter for Dave thinking about his new boat. It was 83 degrees when we left Florida Tuesday and when we arrived in Illinois it was 13 degrees with ice on the Lakes.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Your chain will be not be an issue 95% of the time. I did a decent amount of running over there with my 24 & 28 skaters and with the 30 spectre back when you had your 30 motion (we are getting old-that was over 20 years ago). Its snowmobile season now-I told Dave we are headed up for a week at the end of the month. Let us know if you guys want to ride.

Joe

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=capteliminator;3178087]I love the DW's but comparing a new DW with 300R's to a 28 Skater with 300x's isn't apples to apples. No doubt the acceleration is gonna be way different with the four strokes. Beautiful boat by the way!![/QUOTE

I think they are a very good comparison as the 28 Skater has set the bar for performance for a very long time in that size category. I have never been in or driven anything better than a 28 Skater under 30'. I have owned or driven a lot of O/B cats. Motions, Spectre, DCB, Eliminator, Warlock, etc
    Last edited by Brad Zastrow; 12-13-2019 at 10:03 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dave, You've inspired me...But this is all I can afford.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Little Hydro.JPG  
    "The Flying Clamato"
    ...This ain't no Party, This ain't no Disco, this ain't no foolin around..."Talking Heads - Life During Wartime"
    The G-Train has left the station.

18. Likes 89LASER, Michael J Giesler, eli liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    There are 28 Skaters out with 300R but the closet in speed is the 28 in S. Fl with 400R
    24 Twister

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast