Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fuel System for 12' Baja Scat Cat

Hello,

Need help and suggestions on fuel system for my 12' Baja Scat Cat. Plan to use Yamaha 90 outboard which is on heavy side for this boat. Already moved center part of the transom with engine foreword 12", to unload back of the boat. Also plan to keep fuel in 2 fiberglass tanks located in front part of sponsons. Everything to move weight foreword.

Question is how to arrange fuel supply to the tanks? 2 independent fuel fills, one for each tank, or one common with splitter? Also where to place fuel fills on the deck? Where would be the most convenient place to pour the gasoline?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 00I0I_hu6BBpoLALj_1200x900.jpg  

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maciek View Post
    Hello,Need help and suggestions on fuel system for my 12' Baja Scat Cat. Plan to use Yamaha 90 outboard which is on heavy side for this boat. Already moved center part of the transom with engine foreword 12", to unload back of the boat. Also plan to keep fuel in 2 fiberglass tanks located in front part of sponsons. Everything to move weight foreword.Question is how to arrange fuel supply to the tanks? 2 independent fuel fills, one for each tank, or one common with splitter? Also where to place fuel fills on the deck? Where would be the most convenient place to pour the gasoline?
    Because the fuel cell empties itself, the hull will become unbalanced if located too far forward or rearward. I try to put the fuel tank in the most neutral position so that the only effect it has is the boat getting lighter "overall"...not lighter in the front or rear.
    Last edited by bajarick; 12-22-2019 at 04:21 PM.