Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WILDMAN View Post
    Boat is sold. Went to Massillon, Ohio. Ward had a Euro with a 300R. He said the cleaver did not handle right, but I never drove it
    yup. Life long friend just bought this boat. Beautiful ride for sure. It’s in a good home.
    Mirage Jaguar RiverRacer
    Polaris PRO785
    Bennington 255LCC

Scream & Fly Flying Machine of the Month:
    September 2005

http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...ild&highlight=

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MODVP22 View Post
    yup. Life long friend just bought this boat. Beautiful ride for sure. It’s in a good home.
    Thought that was y’all’s town , thought I was gonna have to get some shirts back
    2003 mirage ski racer with e-tec power

3. Likes MODVP22 liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dgscroggs View Post
    Thought that was y’all’s town , thought I was gonna have to get some shirts back
    nah. I’m Mirage man for sure. Lifelong friend bout this boat and is sooo happy he’s like a kid again ��
    Mirage Jaguar RiverRacer
    Polaris PRO785
    Bennington 255LCC

September 2005

5. Likes dgscroggs liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Has he run it yet?
    " IT'S NOT HOW FAST YOU ARE, IT'S HOW COOL YOU LOOK!!! "

Check out my new website. liberatorpowerboats.com
    Boat Delivery available

Things owned. NOTHING!!
    Ain't got no toyz, Ain't got no money! I is jus a poor Florida boy!

Visit My Liberator Boats Website

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WILDMAN View Post
    Has he run it yet?
    yes. This is his 2nd weekend. Still getting used to it from his 20 SST. Major difference lol
    Mirage Jaguar RiverRacer
    Polaris PRO785
    Bennington 255LCC

September 2005

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What's he running for a prop, the Promax from the previous owner, if so let us know how it performed as I have been thinking of what one would do on a Euro..

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Promax prop

Quote Originally Posted by 4Speed View Post
    What's he running for a prop, the Promax from the previous owner, if so let us know how it performed as I have been thinking of what one would do on a Euro..
    My first post! Well, my second but it got deleted during admin cleanup last week! I bought the euro and it didn't have the promax prop on it. It's got a spinelli four blade 32 pitch. 91 is the best I've got so far still learning to drive it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by a1stoker View Post
    My first post! Well, my second but it got deleted during admin cleanup last week! I bought the euro and it didn't have the promax prop on it. It's got a spinelli four blade 32 pitch. 91 is the best I've got so far still learning to drive it.
    You don't need to run the boat high like a Mirage. With that power, I would find a 26 or 28 Pro ET and it will cut your learning curve in half. A 32 is a big wheel for a euro/promax combo especially if you have any passengers. Over trim it to 70 then get on the down button gradually "as you roll past 90 you should be right at neutral" then slightly tucked when its packing good air at low 90s and up. Look down the inverted V (from the bow with the boat and prop shaft level) and make sure you can just see a glimpse of the water pick-up-that should be your optimum motor height unless you have more then 6" of set back, then you can go a little higher and still have pressure.

Joe

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Joe, a 26 is only going to get low80's on the limiter. Needs a 30-32

Boat Delivery available

Things owned. NOTHING!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I put lots of hours on a promax at 7400 with a 1.87 and a 26 or 28. Unless its really flat water you don't run faster then that for extended periods anyway. Most people don't have the river that we do and are forced to deal with lake traffic. It will make it a more user friendly rig.

Joe

13. Likes FAST RALLY SPORT liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Nice weld!

Boat Delivery available

Things owned. NOTHING!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    That looks like a fatigue failure of a casting possibly due to porosity. The photos of the fatigue areas are not 100% clear. The grainy portion is the catastrophic failure point. The smoother parts that look like where waves washed up on beach sand lead to the place where the crack started. As the surfaces on either side of the crack "worked" against each other they made those marks. Once the remaining metal no longer had the strength to hold on, it all broke off at once and that's where it's grainy. Better pics would help clarify that but I guess since you don't have the prop anymore...
    Josh Peterson

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats on your purchase....I was the owner who traded it to Randy for a 22 Liberator. I loved that Euro, planned on keeping it for ever.....but plans change. LOL
    Just a couple of points, boat had a 29p Promax non labbed prop when I traded it to Randy, the fastest the boat ran was 94 mph with that prop. It worked well got on plane great, accelerated great and carried weight well. I used it as my everyday prop. I didnt like the 6750 soft rev limiter on the Promax, I put a Bruncato Box on it with a 7200 rpm limiter and ran a labbed 30 ET Lightning prop and the boat ran 98 mph that was the speed on the recall when I traded it. Boat was rock solid with the ET Lightning never did anything unpredictable. When it was traded everything was back to stock ECU and Flywheel. Those numbers were run with a nose coned 200 gearcase with a welded torque tab....which I still have in my garage. The Sport Master gearcase thats on it, I bought and put on to run and keep the other gearcase as a spare. Boat was a little slower with the sport master, but they are more durable than the stock coned gearcases. Never got finished dialing the motor height in when I traded it. Its close, but I think it could still go up about 1/8 of and inch.
    Have fun...boat was good to me, wife just didnt like riding in it, she never went over 60 mph in it. Just didnt like sitting down on the floor.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Progress

Quote Originally Posted by Beak Boater View Post
    Congrats on your purchase....I was the owner who traded it to Randy for a 22 Liberator. I loved that Euro, planned on keeping it for ever.....but plans change. LOL
    Just a couple of points, boat had a 29p Promax non labbed prop when I traded it to Randy, the fastest the boat ran was 94 mph with that prop. It worked well got on plane great, accelerated great and carried weight well. I used it as my everyday prop. I didnt like the 6750 soft rev limiter on the Promax, I put a Bruncato Box on it with a 7200 rpm limiter and ran a labbed 30 ET Lightning prop and the boat ran 98 mph that was the speed on the recall when I traded it. Boat was rock solid with the ET Lightning never did anything unpredictable. When it was traded everything was back to stock ECU and Flywheel. Those numbers were run with a nose coned 200 gearcase with a welded torque tab....which I still have in my garage. The Sport Master gearcase thats on it, I bought and put on to run and keep the other gearcase as a spare. Boat was a little slower with the sport master, but they are more durable than the stock coned gearcases. Never got finished dialing the motor height in when I traded it. Its close, but I think it could still go up about 1/8 of and inch.
    Have fun...boat was good to me, wife just didnt like riding in it, she never went over 60 mph in it. Just didnt like sitting down on the floor.

I wanted to thank all of you for your experienced insight and information on my Euro. I ran it again and couldn't get the hop out, even trimmed down at 90 it would just get so violent I had to get out of it. I leveled the boat on the trailer and leveled the prop shaft. With a straight edge from the pad to the center of the bullet was 2 inches. Everything I've read says that's too high. I lowered it 1/2 inch and ran it a couple weekends ago. It was solid and stable at 96!! Now I have all winter to find 4 more mph!

18. Likes MODVP22 liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How was the mid range bounce when you lowered the motor, any improvements or just better handling on the top end?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast