Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I run wfo in short bursts. Mostly cruise around at 3-4k r's. Saves the equipment and makes for an enjoyable ride. WFO req. a lot of attention in my rig....With guests I ask if they would like to go fast, but never wfo. That is reserved for just me in the boat and pushing close to the limit.

83 V-King, 96 Mariner, 200 hp ff block 2.5 w/a 28p choppa
    We gotta clean this liberal mess up, VOTE TRUMP TO MAGA!
    Rebuild thread:
    http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...-it&highlight=
    http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...cs.&highlight=
    Videos

2. Likes Tom Foley liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I enjoy running my seebold up to low 90s on occasion but more inclined to cruise at 70 to 80. 70 is where it really frees up from the water and floats. My Bullet bass rig is another story. Still learning to balance it. Haven't been over low 70s and it clearly has a lot more in it. Whole different driving experience compared to modvp hull.
    Bullet CC w/ 225 Promax - Sold
    STV ProComp w/ 225 Promax
    STV Procomp with 280
    25 Liberator "The Battleship"
    Blazer 650 Pro Tour

4. Likes Tom Foley liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DangerNewb View Post
    I enjoy running my seebold up to low 90s on occasion but more inclined to cruise at 70 to 80. 70 is where it really frees up from the water and floats. My Bullet bass rig is another story. Still learning to balance it. Haven't been over low 70s and it clearly has a lot more in it. Whole different driving experience compared to modvp hull.
    Ya sure takes practice but I love that feeling when it breaks loose , once it's up all my steer torque is.gone and the balancing act isnt all that hard to keep her dried out

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When ever i see the right water and for as long as I can.

7. Likes Capt.Insane-o liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wife comments are funny. Years back I had the wife in my STV Mod and a bunch of us were going to the beach from my cabin. I jumped on it a little and since she didn't kick me or anything I took it a bit over 100. We got back to the cabin and she asked how fast we went. I lied and told her about 70 or so. She was pretty proud of the fact that she went over 70 and had to brag to one of the other drivers that she has now been over 70. So he throws me under the bus by telling her he was well over 100 when I passed him. Definitely no WFO with passengers but at some point very close every time out when I am by myself. Took a long time to learn how to safely run V bottoms well over 100 and ya gotta practice to stay sharp. As far as riders, very few of them want to go that fast anyway.

Rock
    Team Junk

No sparkling wiggles in here, only dump truck grinches.

"Screamin Heathen"

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My brother in law gave my wife a ride in his 35 motion with 2800 hp and when she came back she said im kinda mad we didnt go over 70 everyone else went fast i asked what gage she was looking at she pointed to the tach ,then i proceded to tell her you went 140 lol

10. Likes baja200merk liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^^^

LOL ! Big Bad Brad strikes again

I try to tap a 100 mph every time I go out but my girlfriend hates it unless she’s had a few cocktails. She definitely knows what gauge the speedometer is ...

MDS

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eli View Post
    I like to cruise at 70/80 most of the time 32 pitch boat takes nice set ,otherwise i like to run to 100 then back er down to cruise
    Pretty much my MO except with a 28 - 30 pitch props . Accelerate hard coming out of river bends , flatten it out and feel the rush then cruise to the next corner ..
    " The Fleet of Old Boats "

'73 -14' Orlando Clipper Skiff -Yamaha 25
    93- 18 ' Renegade Nomad Flats boat -Merc 150
    '94 - 21 ' Allison XB - 2003 -Merc 260
    '97 - 19 ' STV Euro - Merc - 260
    '99 Benninton 2375 TOONER - V-6- 2 liter 150 Mariner
    2001 Grady White 263 - Twin Yamaha 250 OX 66

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I took a buddy for a ride he never went over 60 in a boat. Wanted to go fast I held it down flipped the recall was 110+ and it wasn’t done but figured that he got the point. I was surprised he didn’t tap out.
    Quartershot T-3R 15" 3.5L E-Tec 1.62 Sportmaster

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a friend slide out of the seat and go under the dash

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wish I had a boat that would do over 70 LOL. But in other news... Flat water doesn't exist in RI. Every small lake is less than a mile long, and full of Wake boats and pontoons. Every back cove in the salt is full of mooring fields, lobster pot bouys, and submerged rocks...
    The only open water is out in the bay. You need a 30-40' boat with 2,000+hp to go fast around here. And the season is only 4-6 months long... Sooo there's that too. Not a lot of large go fast boats.

BUT my little 13' tunnel hull will kick the crap out of any 13' boat on this forum in our rough waters!!! I built it like a brick shlthouse, it is tough as nails. Wifey doesn't like going fast in it though haha.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi there. I usually ride 60 mph but some times can go faster like 90 mph. Probably I could go faster but it is quite scary

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    My boat (lake and bay) liked to get into a little chine walk at 60 and by 70 it gets under control. The problem is my boat isn't as fast as some of the others on here. So low 70s is all she has. When I am alone, the transition from the start of chine walking to me correcting happens very quick and predictably, I usually catch it on the first little dip and then she is up on the pad. When I have a passenger or two, the boat gets unbalanced and I can still drive out of it, but it takes longer to get it up on the pad. Passengers aren't a fan of the feeling. I'm sure setup has a lot to do with it. I need to keep trying more props and find one that keeps the boat more stable and gives a fast cruise for when there are passengers.

I still like to open it up every time out. Just to get the motor up to 6000+ rpm and breathe a little

18. Likes Merc 2.5 liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i get the silent treatment from the ramp all the way home. i keep my mouth shut, what can i say. shes good to about 72. hee hee hee.

20. Likes Merc 2.5 liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Radiant View Post
    My boat (lake and bay) liked to get into a little chine walk at 60 and by 70 it gets under control. The problem is my boat isn't as fast as some of the others on here. So low 70s is all she has. When I am alone, the transition from the start of chine walking to me correcting happens very quick and predictably, I usually catch it on the first little dip and then she is up on the pad. When I have a passenger or two, the boat gets unbalanced and I can still drive out of it, but it takes longer to get it up on the pad. Passengers aren't a fan of the feeling. I'm sure setup has a lot to do with it. I need to keep trying more props and find one that keeps the boat more stable and gives a fast cruise for when there are passengers.

I still like to open it up every time out. Just to get the motor up to 6000+ rpm and breathe a little
    Sounds pretty well dialed n , not much chine walking, rpm up good. My ole heavy basser ,(with just me) wont get on pad til bout 60 , 65ish with a passenger , only had 1 passenger let me get up on pad and pin it down for little bit. And when I looked over it was all white knuckles and death grip on o **** handles

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast