Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Help with bullet 20xrd!

I have a 1993 bullet 20 xrd with a 2002 efi mercury 200 all I see online is bullets with 250-300 engine s nothing with peoples set ups for 200 s
    I purchased the boat about a month ago me and the seller took a test drive ran good felt like we were running in the low 70s hole shot was good seemed like it was set up good no blow out good water psi so I bought it he told me it needed a bigger prop to get the rpms down so I drug it home and I went out in it by myself and it blew out coming out of the hole and was turning idk 6500 rpms so I grabbed a 27m Yamaha 3 blade prop ( big hub) took the 25 p trophy 4 blade small hub off and ran it .. slow out of the hole but not bad .. top end was great gps 74 mph still had plenty of throttle and trim but started to walk terrible I’m use to cable steering and may have been over correcting it with the hydraulic set up I went back let the motor up some and man this boat lifts and runs good but couldn’t drive the walk out of it .. let the motor up one more click 12 in jack plate and handled better still not good but when I felt it come up on the pad I lost 10 lbs water psi .. any help is appreciated the engine has boysen reeds and exhost work ( holes drilled in bottom of midsection) the 25 p 4 blade trophy small hub is way to small it will turn up 6800 rpms and at like 64 mph with motor all the way down .. what do I need to do for prop the 4 blade handles like a dream but the 3 blade 27 gets the speed I want just can’t drive it ..

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The set up is a 1993 bullet 20 xrd
    2002 efi Merc 200 slightly modified boysen reeds exhost work
    no rev limiter ?.. rpm gauge goes to 7000 and will rev past stat idles less than 1000 mabey 750 ish
    12in jack plate
    25 trophy 4 blade small hub ( to small but handles great )
    27m Yamaha 3 blade runs good but can’t control it mabey I am over correcting it use to cable starring and it has hydraulic
    I weigh 280 lbs
    2 trolling batts on pass side and most of heavier gear on pass side for weight distribution
    27 prop 6400 rpms hole shot is slow but not awful 74 mph
    25 trophy 4 blade small hub hole shot is great blows out some of u stay in throttle handles great but 64 mph at probably 6800 rpms

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Tell prop shop to work the trophy to a 27

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just purchased a 26 p trophy plus prop for 200$ I’m gonna try it next and then I’m gonna try to find me a foot with low water pick ups do u know of it makes a difference with a small hub prop on a big foot?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It will blow out more out of hole which good for take off , prob spin few more rpm up top because small diameter, but top speed mite suffer couple mph, but u need a base line to work off of. so that's gud start

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok thanks for the help

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the site. It will take some time to get used to the hydraulic steering. The 3 blade Yamahas I have tried (except the drags) made driving difficult at best. Trophys drive well and a lower with cone and low pickups might make a big difference and at least not drop water pressure. Give that steering some time and you will love it. Went from dual cable to hydraulic on one of the Allisons and thought I ruined my boat. Learned to love it in short order.

Rock
    Team Junk

No sparkling wiggles in here, only dump truck grinches.

"Screamin Heathen"