Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by XstreamVking View Post
    3000 rpm chart is where they jump the shark. 3k rpm and only 10-11 mph for reg props and 23 for the sharrow. Nah....I call bs. It might be a great prop under certain criteria. Best overall we know it ain't....
    No, it’s not BS, the Sharrow got the boat on plane at about 2500 rpm, the standard prop couldn’t get it on plane until about 3200 so at 3000 with the standard prop the boat is still plowing through the water.

The science is sound, the test was valid and this prop will be disruptive. When you do a scientific test you only change 1 variable at a time, which is exactly what they did. let’s be real here, 95% of the boats on the water NEVER spend time “dialing it in”. The dealer slaps a prop on the boat that keeps rpms in the power band without hitting the limiter and call it good. Owners are happy if the boat can get on plane and cruise at 30 - 35 mph. What we do is the exception, it’s not the rule.

The jury is still out how well this design will work with high motor heights with surfacing or semi surfacing applications but it would certainly be fun to test. It’s also not being marketed as something for the high performance market (yet), which is less than 5% of the entire marine industry.

There aren’t any prices for the recreational series yet as they aren’t in production yet. They focussed on freighter and large inboard applications first and are just now working on the recreational market.
    Mark

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, Sharrow has released prices for their new recreational prop.

$4500.00 for the aluminium model
    $9000.00 for the stainless steel model

I just about fell over. For that price, the propeller should be making fuel, not just saving it!

3. Likes ssv1761982 liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Wow. Holy hell not sure what else to say

5. Likes sharpeye Mike liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They want to make a lot of money and then sell the idea to someone else and make more money. For that money I would expect total game changing performance that would make all other props obsolete.
    1970 15' Allison/135 Chrysler stacker
    RC Mod-VP Boats

IMPBA District 13
    NAMBA District 3

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=wettek;3180164]Well, Sharrow has released prices for their new recreational prop.

$4500.00 for the aluminium model
    $9000.00 for the stainless steel model

I had to respond to the email they sent me for "pre-ordering" the new prop. The largest size they offer right now is 23" pitch.
    This is the reply email I sent to the sales@sharrowengineereing.com : Maybe they will read it or maybe not, maybe they don't care what "reality" is:

Is this a JOKE or did you add too many zero's to the cost of the props?

$9,000.00 or $900.00 ????

Really? Who can afford a prop that cost half as much as the boat? 15% fuel savings on a single or twin outboard will never make up for the cost of the prop. Even if someone spent $100 each time they went boating on gas, at 15% that is $15. That would take over 500 trips out to break even with the cost vs a top end $1,000.00 prop.

I think you need to re-think the pricing scale. Yea, sure the super rich that have 1/2 million dollar center console boats with 3-5 outboards on them might buy your props. But you will need to make larger than 23" pitch.

The wonderful little bow rider boat with the 150 hp motor on it that Boat Test did all the testing with, will never ever have an owner that would buy your props. That boat will run all day on $50 worth of gas. Why would someone spend $9,000.00 for a prop for a boat like that?

I do think the Sharrow Prop is an AWESOME prop., and would love to try one, when you make a larger pitch model, and dramatically lower the price.

thank you,

8. Thanks Merc 2.5 thanked for this post
    Likes Merc 2.5, sick_nick, ssv1761982 liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2