Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thoughts: A possible Redneck project.

I really like this super fast flats cat that I see here and on other boards occasionally.. It has a dual center console that sits down low into the boat.

Anyways - I could never afford that particular boat - but in my daily Craigslist trolling I’ve seen this boat for quite some time unsold... Its not a tunnel but it does have that sunken center seating and I think it even has a center throttle pod.

I dont do a bit of fishing but my thought was that it could be converted into sort of a low profile center console sorta go fast type thing... junk it up with some LED, put some SeaDEK on the walking surfaces and just pretty much use it as a toy to get back and for from the trailer to the beach and then just hose out at the end of the day. Maybe put some cool electronic gauges and stereo in that center steer unit and put on a forward facing aluminum arch...

could end up looking decent and maybe somewhat cheap if the transom isnt junk.. Nt sure how stable that bottom looks and definitely would not want it to be my “go fast” boat - that I am saying the Chris Craft Caper for once I find one... But it would be an easy boat to use to get off and on to the beach during the winter without getting wet.

Comments - good or bad about any of my rambling? Maybe other boats that would be a better start? I’m a guy who is always on a budget and this doesn’t LOOK like your typical bayliner - so as long as I nobody told..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2DF77DB3-40B4-45C7-B231-3F73EB7AC6B3.jpeg   B3847A45-83B6-4AE1-A5F1-4527FCC8A033.jpg   D7A308F5-17B4-496E-BFF7-30BDD1AA59E9.jpeg  

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Not a force!!! Haha

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wouldn't want it for free. One can only assume what nightmares lie underneath the deck. Don't forget, the old 5 cylinder Force (a rare bird and should be in a collectors museum).

Seriously, I'd look into something like a 19' bay boat. A rolled gunnel boat w/out engine could be had on the cheap and they're lightweight.
    You never know what your faith is, until your faith has been truly tested.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The motor would be of no concern as I would hunt for a Jonson 85, 88, 112, or 115 for it most likely... Bay boats are awesome for wha they are bu again I thought that’s lot profile feel of this boat was cool and you dont get that from bay boats.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you have time on your hands and can get it for next to nothing I say screw it, do it.
    1971 Sidewinder 14 SS w Johnson 90 v-4
    1959 Texas Maid Falcon w Mercury Mark 35A
    1981 Sylvan Sportster w Johnson 85 v-4
    2006 Harris pontoon with a Yamaha 90
    1969 Sunfish sailboat

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bayliners were low cost because of thin vinyl interiors and mostly underpowered, the hulls are no different than any other production boat hull. I’d say go for it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Forget it,move on.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lucidphreak View Post
    I really like this super fast flats cat that I see here and on other boards occasionally.. It has a dual center console that sits down low into the boat.

Anyways - I could never afford that particular boat - but in my daily Craigslist trolling I’ve seen this boat for quite some time unsold... Its not a tunnel but it does have that sunken center seating and I think it even has a center throttle pod.

I dont do a bit of fishing but my thought was that it could be converted into sort of a low profile center console sorta go fast type thing... junk it up with some LED, put some SeaDEK on the walking surfaces and just pretty much use it as a toy to get back and for from the trailer to the beach and then just hose out at the end of the day. Maybe put some cool electronic gauges and stereo in that center steer unit and put on a forward facing aluminum arch...

could end up looking decent and maybe somewhat cheap if the transom isnt junk.. Nt sure how stable that bottom looks and definitely would not want it to be my “go fast” boat - that I am saying the Chris Craft Caper for once I find one... But it would be an easy boat to use to get off and on to the beach during the winter without getting wet.

Comments - good or bad about any of my rambling? Maybe other boats that would be a better start? I’m a guy who is always on a budget and this doesn’t LOOK like your typical bayliner - so as long as I nobody told..
    I say go for it. Hell, I restored a 1969 16' caravelle just because I like the look.
    1977 Hydrostream Vector 2.5 Promax

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You wouldn't be the only one on this board with a force powered bayliner.
    Homemade tunnel may have started something!
    If it's not rotten, and cheap..... Do it.
    Have fun with names..... You could call it a......
    Bull-it (Bullet)
    Gumbler (Gambler)
    Allinfun (Allison)
    Names could be reproduced in vinyl with factory style fonts from each manufacturer, sure to turn some heads!
    Some "Pro" and "xs" decals for the motor, also!