Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kirchner: thanks for the welcoming. I never raced in any classes. I liked building the cars and just doing test and tune passes with them (see what they would run, make a few changes to see if I could go any faster). Then I would usually sell them and build another one. I raced mustangs (fox body cars mostly). Yeah I am sure it’ll cost some $$ to get a little more, but that’s the name of the game when going for more speed/power lol. If I could hit 40mph on a more regular basis I may be happy with that (maybe not lol). At the moment it usually runs 36-37mph pretty standard which in my eyes is a little low considering other boats with 50hp less run 40. Maybe they’re not actually running 40 on a regular basis and maybe they did it just once (like my 41mph run I had). Anyways, thanks again for the welcoming

lake: I’ll try to contact them and see what they suggest. They may be able to custom make something for my exact setup and might get some more out of the boat/engine.

thanks again for the welcoming and info guys!!
    Last edited by wc9550; 10-11-2019 at 09:59 AM.

2. Likes LakeFever liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FOR a 150 thats hard to believe. leading edge in fl worked my over hub. found 1 blade shorter than other 2! thinned, re-cupped, balanced, but my trophy, stock about the same, 80. boat has hit a wall it seems. for a 15'6'' 62 mag-cat pretty quick and stable too. did 65 w/ 150, 75 w/ 2.4 81 w/ 2.5.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your telling me! His set up was a 150XR2 shaved heads, aftermarket reeds, some jetting, lwp on a 2:1 lower with a DAH labbed lightning ET. He sent it back twice for more tweaks until he managed 6500RPM which put him just over 80. Said it took a couple years of tweaking. I had a 2.0L and was using this for inspiration until I sold it and got a 2.5
    Hydrostream dreamin

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LakeFever View Post
    Your telling me! His set up was a 150XR2 shaved heads, aftermarket reeds, some jetting, lwp on a 2:1 lower with a DAH labbed lightning ET. He sent it back twice for more tweaks until he managed 6500RPM which put him just over 80. Said it took a couple years of tweaking. I had a 2.0L and was using this for inspiration until I sold it and got a 2.5
    I was running 80 in my Varmint with a stock 2.0 until I got the #1 rod out of it. Maybe It'll be back next summer...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I loved that 2.0L I had. I still have this XR2 here I might put together I got some spare lowers now lol my wife is getting a little pissed these days
    Hydrostream dreamin

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lake and Kirch: LOL!! I was with ya for the first half of your responses and then it went Chinese to me lol. I do like the number 80 you guys are talking tho. However with my floating patio, I don’t think I’ll ever see that number. I’m shooting for half/just over half that lol. I’ll research the prop company and see what I can find out and come up with. Thanks again guys.

8. Likes LakeFever liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wc9550 View Post
    Kirchner: thanks for the welcoming. I never raced in any classes. I liked building the cars and just doing test and tune passes with them (see what they would run, make a few changes to see if I could go any faster). Then I would usually sell them and build another one. I raced mustangs (fox body cars mostly). Yeah I am sure it’ll cost some $$ to get a little more, but that’s the name of the game when going for more speed/power lol. If I could hit 40mph on a more regular basis I may be happy with that (maybe not lol). At the moment it usually runs 36-37mph pretty standard which in my eyes is a little low considering other boats with 50hp less run 40. Maybe they’re not actually running 40 on a regular basis and maybe they did it just once (like my 41mph run I had). Anyways, thanks again for the welcoming

lake: I’ll try to contact them and see what they suggest. They may be able to custom make something for my exact setup and might get some more out of the boat/engine.

thanks again for the welcoming and info guys!!
    HAVE you considered removing a little weight , that always is a plus!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it were up to me, it would have a seat and steering wheel and be a little shorter lol, but the wife and kids still want to go and take friends (when friends come with). As it is the boat is pretty lite already I think. It’s called a 24 foot boat (actually a touch over 25 feet in reality). It has zero wood in it as the decking is a lite weight composite and the seat bases are plastic. The boat weighs 2215 dry (I believe that is before the engine also). So for as big as it is, I feel it is pretty lite considering. I would say most of the time it is just my family on it (4 of us) and a cooler. I think my only option at the moment is a prop and maybe jacking plate. It’s still a brand new boat and has full warranty (that’s why I was thinking hand held programmer to go from more power back to stock to keep warranty). Thanks again for the info guys. I’ll search around for some props and contact the ones mentioned in this thread.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2