Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaz View Post
    OK .. I give up ...

The "Vertigo" series motors have been out for quite a while now. How come the aftermarket never "took-off" with them .. ???

Couple places raise the limiter .. but to my knowledge, that's about it.

No cam grinds available, no hand or
    CNC head porters,
    blower case extension and long rotor kits, Zip - nadda ...

Why is that .. ???

And if that's truely the case, why would the aftermarket invest in what could quite possibly be another dead area ... ???

Serious question ...
    The i6 verado platform in my eyes is pretty tapped out for power on pump fuel. Chaz you know cams in supercharged applications has minimal gains compared to N/A. The 4.6l will be on back of a lot of boats assuming you can turn 225-250 up with bolt on cams I bet there will be a big market. Also I already heard about pistons kits being made. Time will tell I guess
    #skaternation
    21 rally sport (sold)
    21 Cougar (sold)
    21 Skater (sold)
    24 skater (sold)
    21 Armstrong (fishing deck) 250 etec
    24 SEB (soon to be laid up)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    The 300xs Tuff 28 is also 800-1000 lbs lighter than the 300R boat. Also, the 21-22 Liberators that run 10-12 mph faster than the 300xs powered Liberators, only do it with 5 blade 15.25 diameter cleavers. Both the Mercury CNC's or the Hill 5 blades which I sell for $2150 to your door.
    Last edited by WILDMAN; 10-08-2019 at 06:53 PM.
    " IT'S NOT HOW FAST YOU ARE, IT'S HOW COOL YOU LOOK!!! "

Check out my new website. liberatorpowerboats.com
    Boat Delivery available

Things owned. NOTHING!!
    Ain't got no toyz, Ain't got no money! I is jus a poor Florida boy!

Visit My Liberator Boats Website

4. Likes RSWORDS liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WILDMAN View Post
    The 300xs Tuff 28 is also 800-1000 lbs lighter than the 300R boat. Also, the 21-22 Liberators that run 10-12 mph faster than the 300xs powered Liberators, only do it with 5 blade 15.25 diameter cleavers. Both the Mercury CNC's or the Hill 5 blades which I sell for $2150 to your door.
    From a man that knows the 300xs VERY well and the 300R pretty dang good.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wildman, I know know that you have rigged a bunch of the 21 Liberators and that you felt like you were getting almost all the performance out of the 300xs. Why then is the v-8 so much faster? I know that it takes a lot of torque to get up to speed with a 5 blade large diameter cleaver but I still think that it takes a lot more horsepower to run 10 mph faster.

7. Thanks David Borg thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ar300johnson View Post
    Wildman, I know know that you have rigged a bunch of the 21 Liberators and that you felt like you were getting almost all the performance out of the 300xs. Why then is the v-8 so much faster? I know that it takes a lot of torque to get up to speed with a 5 blade large diameter cleaver but I still think that it takes a lot more horsepower to run 10 mph faster.
    There’s really no mystery here, the 300R makes more than 300 HP. Basically the 300R is making HP much closer to the 300X, actually more, which virtually everyone will agree was faster than the 300XS.
    Mark

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "The 300xs Tuff 28 is also 800-1000 lbs lighter than the 300R boat." That's a lot of weight difference for two boats that on the surface look the same. Its not like one is stripped down race boat. I am guessing one is a carbon boat and the other glass. But i am guessing both are bagged boats. The prop cost difference to make the 300R run is a big negative. Maybe another year or two and they will have it figured out.
    http://i35.tinypic.com/epn6ma.jpg

Just a little Cat.

24 Twister V8 E-Rude (For Sale)

2008 Concept Sport Deck 2x 300X

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where did the 800lbs lighter come from?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I was told that the carbon fiber 300xs boat (bare hull) was 1400-1500 lbs. The bare hull weight of the 28 that I put together was 2750 lbs.
    and it has run 101 with 300xs motors. I was told the heavier 300R Tuff 28 has run 105.

The 300R is supposed to be 332hp. As far as the 300x, I NEVER had a 300x run faster than a 300xs on ANY BOAT I rigged, Checkmate or Liberator or my 21 Superboat. They have all had both motors. Just my personal expierience.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg G View Post
    Where did the 800lbs lighter come from?

Boat Delivery available

Things owned. NOTHING!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This red 300R combination is the boat that was running 105 mph and he said it was a standard, rough conditions lay up. Not sure on what that means or the hull weight.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	67084380_1589439341186853_5111560052074872832_n.jpg 
Views:	262 
Size:	82.7 KB 
ID:	450426
    I CAN ALWAYS MAKE ANOTHER DOLLAR, BUT I CANNOT MAKE ANOTHER DAY

13. Likes blkmtrfan liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Regardless of the weight and speed difference, I gotta say that the Tuff 28 is the fastest and best handling V-bottom I have ever driven!

Last edited by WILDMAN; 10-09-2019 at 01:37 PM.

Boat Delivery available

Things owned. NOTHING!!

15. Likes blkmtrfan, AZMIDLYF, Kcraft, Greg G, allstock liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by V-bottom View Post
    Do you know when? 2020, 2021? Is this still being discussed at the sales/ marketing department, on the drawing board or further along than that?
    There will 15" aftermarket mids available by the end of the year, Mercury already has stuff well under way for them as seen late last week Via. internet speculation and leaks. They have short midsections and power increases that will be game changers for the guys willing to spend the money. There are a couple of car based aftermarket companies involved with product development that will be coming to market with there products in the near future as well. We are already seeing cowl modifications that are gaining an additional 2-3 mph with better mid-range running around. My guess is that 450 hp, 7000 rpm motors will be on the water next spring. This is only my guess based on the little bit of information that I have been exposed to but I can tell you that its coming from several directions and I will be part of it when its available.

Joe

17. Thanks V-bottom thanked for this post
    Likes blkmtrfan, Double Rigged, allstock liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Risco View Post
    The i6 verado platform in my eyes is pretty tapped out for power on pump fuel. Chaz you know cams in supercharged applications has minimal gains compared to N/A. The 4.6l will be on back of a lot of boats assuming you can turn 225-250 up with bolt on cams I bet there will be a big market. Also I already heard about pistons kits being made. Time will tell I guess
    No, I wasn't aware of that. I have always been under the impression that the camshaft controlled the valve events. Which dictates at what RPM the torque peak will occur and how long it will hold it. If you don't think it matters, get a good running wood chipper
    (blower motor) and knock 20* of duration off of each lobe profile. It will detonate off the bottom and fall on it's face on top.
    We have went over this before I think , but yes I agree. The factory put the vertigo package together to where it makes 400 HP on pump fuel. I don't know how much boost they make (or care) but lets call it 20 psi (substained)
    If you opened the head up to where it blows 15cfm better on average and bumped the sticks up 5* intake / 10* exhaust and ran it , I'll bet it "only" makes 12 to 15 PSI of boost yet runs faster. Remember "boost is only "back pressure" in the intake tract .. And since everything was built to go 20 PSI plus a margin of error, it could be retuned for 20 PSI and the limiter raised to get there .. anddddd
    But look , what do I know, I'm just an old man ... BTW this is my last personal chassis I built, looks like Willie is startin to get a handle on it himself ...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaz View Post
    No, I wasn't aware of that. I have always been under the impression that the camshaft controlled the valve events. Which dictates at what RPM the torque peak will occur and how long it will hold it. If you don't think it matters, get a good running wood chipper
    (blower motor) and knock 20* of duration off of each lobe profile. It will detonate off the bottom and fall on it's face on top.
    We have went over this before I think , but yes I agree. The factory put the vertigo package together to where it makes 400 HP on pump fuel. I don't know how much boost they make (or care) but lets call it 20 psi (substained)
    If you opened the head up to where it blows 15cfm better on average and bumped the sticks up 5* intake / 10* exhaust and ran it , I'll bet it "only" makes 12 to 15 PSI of boost yet runs faster. Remember "boost is only "back pressure" in the intake tract .. And since everything was built to go 20 PSI plus a margin of error, it could be retuned for 20 PSI and the limiter raised to get there .. anddddd
    But look , what do I know, I'm just an old man ... BTW this is my last personal chassis I built, looks like Willie is startin to get a handle on it himself ...

I’m not well informed enough about the i6 to know where the restriction is but I’m not saying cams don’t matter but I’m was just saying they don’t possess the same gains as n/a motor. Also yes I understand that you can reduce the boost pressure but that doesn’t mean the blower is going to flow more cfm. I seen the stuff you built you forgot more than I know.

My question to you it when you going to drag your boat out and getting it going again.

that dragster is awesome!!
    #skaternation
    21 rally sport (sold)
    21 Cougar (sold)
    21 Skater (sold)
    24 skater (sold)
    21 Armstrong (fishing deck) 250 etec
    24 SEB (soon to be laid up)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Risco View Post
    I’m not well informed enough about the i6 to know where the restriction is but I’m not saying cams don’t matter but I’m was just saying they don’t possess the same gains as n/a motor.
    OK, I'll build a 434ci SBC with a set of Brodix 18* heads. .750 lift 285*@ .050 intake /.700 lift 290* @ .050 ex. Split 114 Should make 900 @ 8500 .. pick a better cam

Then put a stick out of a mid 70's 350 van in a 434 blower motor .390 lift 195* .. then put the right one in it ... see my point. Depends where you start from top shelf or junk yard .. it's just as inportant to one as it is to the other ..

Also yes I understand that you can reduce the boost pressure but that doesn’t mean the blower is going to flow more cfm. I seen the stuff you built you forgot more than I know.
    If you move the gauge you have already moved the air from the atmosphere to the distribution center between the rotors and intake valves. So unless you slow down the blower that air is available to use. The gauge just shows how much of a backlog there is in the system.
    While it's true you can turn up the pressure to try and make up for a poorly designed system. I have found that it tends to just overheat the air and throw a lot of belts off and not really run any faster.
    Unless it's a set of these or something like them, then there's very few stock production heads that can't be improved. Some drastically .. with very little work.
    Add the right camshaft ( to the new flow numbers ) and it can't help but use the available air to make power instead of moving the needle on a gauge..

My question to you it when you going to drag your boat out and getting it going again.

that dragster is awesome!!
    I can only answer your question with a question ... Do you need a job ???

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3