Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CI STV View Post
    Thanks Ronnie. This is what you predicted when I mentioned on another thread that the right bank was running ~40* higher than the port side. I only wish I had marked where the injectors came from.
    To my my mind, a ~15% difference in flow at 50 psi after only being run at “medium speed” for one minute on that one injector is an unacceptable variation and is probably significant enough to have an effect on EGTs, no?
    Would love to know what others who have test-flowed their injectors have found, but perhaps most might want to share that kind of data?
    I think at 65-70ml, the other 5 injectors are probably within an normal/acceptable range? I was thinking that if I had two lower-flowing, but more or less matched injectors, I could’ve stuck them in the two middle holes and used my Brucato software to increase the offset flow for those two injectors at high RPM and then read the piston tops/plugs to make sure that those two holes were getting the right amount of fuel. But having one injector probably means I’ll have to tune it rich to make sure that hole gets enough fuel.
    For now, I’ve stuck the two highest flowing injectors in the two bottom holes, which are tuned to get 4-6% more fuel at high RPM (8K plus) with the A-13 fuel curve anyhow.
    I put the 60ml one in the #2 cylinder, but I’m now thinking that maybe I will just order another injector and flow it to see if it’s within the range of the others?
    How much is one injector going to set you back?
    Get a bunch of pink tips ,you can now flow them yourself
    install a hose on it and your good to go!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screenshot_20220315-165857_Chrome.jpg  

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PanRonnie View Post
    How much is one injector going to set you back?
    Get a bunch of pink tips ,you can now flow them yourself
    install a hose on it and your good to go!
    Would installing the pink tip KeiHin injectors be a plug and play thing?
    By that I mean, do they have the same flow, impedance, etc. as the Merc/Bosch hose feeds? Are the electrical connectors the same?
    I would be fine with installing a hose on them to make them work, if that's all it took to make them work.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Flow! according to us1 slightly more
    Impedance 2.4 ohm so yes
    Connector is EV1 not bothering with adapter kits
    You have now invested!?
    Diamond marine engine $
    Brucato ecu with software $
    AIM dash with sensors $
    Not the time to play russian roulette!!
    You did watch the second video Chaz posted till the end!?

4. Thanks CI STV thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaz View Post
    Yep, it would also be tough to measure it's value if it was closed half the time ..

There was some cornfruzion earlier , when someone stated that "stream" was a poor pattern .. or injectors that patterned like that didn't run very well . Just wanted to clear that up ..

I also asked early in this thread, if someone ever paid the "Up~Charge" to have injectors "adjusted" .. so far nuttin but crickets ..

I did a block (sleeve) for a guy. Naturally he sent his injectors out to be cleaned and flow checked. He told me the guy "hemmed and hawed" a bit, charged him for one injector to be adjusted .. but that he could run it , but one should really be replaced.
    Chaz, I don't really want to run them .. would you check them out for me.
    Now I really don't want to get in the injector business, but I need to know an injectors value before I put it in one of my motor builds. So I bought my little chineese friend.
    Lets give them cleaned babies a run ....

Startin out good ...

Mid way thru ...

Chaz = thinkin , I'd be puttin another sleeve in ..

And the other 5 don't look so good either ..

Mr. Adjustment head , if you got tired of cleaning injectors for a quarter each and started chargin folks another quarter to "adjust" a perfectly good injector .. you really should find something else to do .. cuz these motors are getting harder to find and not everyone wants a sawed in half motor or a ****** porkchop ..

One of mine and ten minutes in the hot tub ...

My note said :

#1 and #6 goes in Cyl #1 + #2
    #3 and #4 goes in cyl #3 + #4
    #2 goes in cyl #6 #5 goes in cyl #5

Not rocket surgery .. just common sense ..

know its older post looking to buy the autool ct150-200 what did you need for the mercury injectors .. 260 and laser injection type

2001 american offshore 26 twin 300 promaxs
    2006 hydrostream comp vking horned 225 promax/
    1979 hydrostream vector sold
    1986 23ft twin engine eliminator twin 225 promaxs SOLD

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Ronnie. This is what you predicted when I mentioned on another thread that the right bank was running ~40* higher than the port side. I only wish I had marked where the injectors came from.
    To my my mind, a ~15% difference in flow at 50 psi after only being run at “medium speed” for one minute on that one injector is an unacceptable variation and is probably significant enough to have an effect on EGTs, no?
    Would love to know what others who have test-flowed their injectors have found, but perhaps most might want to share that kind of data?
    I think at 65-70ml, the other 5 injectors are probably within an normal/acceptable range? I was thinking that if I had two lower-flowing, but more or less matched injectors, I could’ve stuck them in the two middle holes and used my Brucato software to increase the offset flow for those two injectors at high RPM and then read the piston tops/plugs to make sure that those two holes were getting the right amount of fuel. But having one injector probably means I’ll have to tune it rich to make sure that hole gets enough fuel.
    For now, I’ve stuck the two highest flowing injectors in the two bottom holes, which are tuned to get 4-6% more fuel at high RPM (8K plus) with the A-13 fuel curve anyhow.
    I put the 60ml one in the #2 cylinder, but I’m now thinking that maybe I will just order another injector and flow it to see if it’s within the range of the others?

mine flowed 67,65,68,65,66,67

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    15% is way out.

www.InjectorService.com
    Call/Text - 204-326-0390

8. Thanks CI STV thanked for this post
    Likes stoker2001 liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I shoot for +/- 2% or less on hose feeds. Thats typically achievable. +/- 1% is nice. Pink tips are way more out in my experience and hard to balance better than 4% unless you have a load of extra injectors laying around. Lazer motors also seem more forgiving with varying injectors, not that you should take advantage of that. A lazer motor will seemingly run good with one injector 10% less than the others, although I would never recommend it. Crankcase motors you notice a difference with one injector 10% less. Other people may disagree, thats just what I have found. +/- 1 or 2 % is always the best though.

4 strokes wont even run a cylinder at idle if its 8% or less flow.

10. Thanks CI STV thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just to update this thread to share some “data” that I collected yesterday, when I flowed my injectors (after sonic cleaning them) on my Autool CT-200 machine (yes, it’s a cheap and Chinese-made, like most things these days, but it works well).
    In a nutshell, what I saw confirms what everyone on here has said, which is that the Bosch injectors that mercury sells are NOT matched, and flow was all over the place.
    Give me a call if you are still messing with injetors and the autool machine. I have messed with one a lot and for the price they are good to have, in my opinion, for every backyard mechanic. Cheap but very useful. Theres some things I learned using that machine and using other machines in teh past few years. If anyone is looking into using the autool for hose feeds theres a crazy simple way to do it but I don't wanna post it up on here right now. I don't have time to take pictures.

12. Thanks CI STV thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What would be involved in switching a Merc 2.5 to the new Bosch EV14 injectors? Is it even possible?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BLisBack! View Post
    What would be involved in switching a Merc 2.5 to the new Bosch EV14 injectors? Is it even possible?
    Someone needs to do this. I believe Kinsler Fuel Injection has a modern oring style injector that is a proven substitute for a hose-feed, but I don't know of anyone who sells a complete conversion kit.
    Someone needs to build a billet rail, find the best injectors, and sell a whole upgrade kit including tuning information. That would be badass and I would definitely buy a few. Theres no need to have hose feeds. At $266 ea for new injectors from merc, that makes it $1600 for a set of injectors. You could make a billet rail and get 6 oring injectors for that price!

15. Likes CI STV liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most modern high impedance injectors like the EV14s have rendered "peak-n-hold" drivers obsolete, simply no need for those anymore. One MOSFET and a diode is all that is needed (and most good automotive grade FETs have the fly-back diode built in).

Question is, how easily can you reconfigure the 2.5 ECU for the newer injector? How would you test it, solely based on EGT readings? Since now you've gone away from the base Merc maps.

-BL

17. Thanks CI STV thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rails

Any generic fuel rail stock from a dozen places will work (like Summit), then drill with a 17/32 drill bit and polish with a Dremel. Works great. Since they have a fairly high grade o-ring, it tolerates a good bit of misalignment if you're not being careful.

-BL

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You'd have to tune it based on compression pressure, egt is not accurate enough. O2 maybe, but combustion pressure is the way to go. You could get real close with a merc ecu if you find a in injector that flows a similar amount.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, good info but how is the average "joe" going to measure dynamic combustion pressure (which I'm assuming you mean) without their motor setup using high end diagnostic equipment and sensors that the OEMs would use? Aren't O2 sensors a 4 stroke thing because of the oil used in 2 strokes? What if you had an EGT on every cyl? (which is possible)

-BL

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

22. Thanks CI STV thanked for this post
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast