Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Look for casting number on top of lower unit. should be 1647-9147- C, C1, C4 etc....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok so I took the lower unit off and see the part number 1647-9147-C

Could you guys share some details about it, as far as the parts for the bearing carrier and commonly replaced parts? Is this a stock 200 hp lower unit?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got the bearing carrier out but since I had to pull on the prop shaft while getting it out I think the shift shaft is not aligned. What could I do from here? I am not sure how to align the prop shaft and shift shaft

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    how did you get shift shaft out with a chisel its a $20 tool on ebay there are so many details in rebuild a lower ive rebuilt hundreds and hundreds of them!!! there r pinion height tools, preload tools, forward gear lash tools, carrier puller, case nut wrench to mention a few its not pipe wrench work by any means a c case is next to the last generation of big bearing case lowers and good for coning if your just cruising around the lake any of them will work even preload but careful buying one of those not many chances some has not been in it and "FIXED IT". so it could have a short life or any lower unit for that matter. a small bearing built right will last a good while if your not surfacing the wheel, prop shaft could have remained in the case but it really does need to be cleaned out very good as bearing particles will waste the rest of it i recommend getting a used one but definitely not a sei after market

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a C-4 25" lower for $500 OBO. Its only 7 years old. Just swap driveshaft.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Trent how are you mister well i hope that's another tools needed deal as bearing location on shaft or machining could have variation from one to another in location of race which is what is adjusted on alpha cases so it best to check out pinion height make sure its .025 thousanths also small bearing case's have very different shims in them from big bearing stuff just my .02

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Doin good Bobby, too bad you weren't still building the 200 cases!! Mine is still going strong. This fella could use your help.

8. Thanks Aaronhl thanked for this post
    Likes Aaronhl liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TEXAS20225 View Post
    how did you get shift shaft out with a chisel its a $20 tool on ebay there are so many details in rebuild a lower ive rebuilt hundreds and hundreds of them!!! there r pinion height tools, preload tools, forward gear lash tools, carrier puller, case nut wrench to mention a few its not pipe wrench work by any means a c case is next to the last generation of big bearing case lowers and good for coning if your just cruising around the lake any of them will work even preload but careful buying one of those not many chances some has not been in it and "FIXED IT". so it could have a short life or any lower unit for that matter. a small bearing built right will last a good while if your not surfacing the wheel, prop shaft could have remained in the case but it really does need to be cleaned out very good as bearing particles will waste the rest of it i recommend getting a used one but definitely not a sei after market

Do you have any threads or posts of the process and tools involved? Theres many of us who would benefit greatly from your know how on lower unit assembly
    Hydrostream dreamin

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TEXAS20225 View Post

I drilled and chiseled the retainer nut out and then used blocks under the prop to pull out bearing carrier. I couldn't pull the bearing carrier out with only using the chain puller so now the prop shaft isn't lined up with the shift shaft. Once I take the shift shaft out and replace the seal, how do I align it when putting it back in?

I also noticed the bearing carrier I pulled out has a built in key and the pictures online look like they use a removable key.
    What bearing carrier part number should I use for the C lower unit?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have that coned C-1 case with broken skeg you can use for parts if you are gonna try and rebuild yourself. I do have several C-4 or C-5 20" cases I guess I could part with. Do you surface your prop?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ideally I would want to buy a coned 20" in good shape ready to run so I could just put it on the boat to ride it a few more times this year. Then over the winter I will work on repairing this one... Do you know anyone selling a coned unit?

I don't surface too much if any but the cone makes the boat look better LOL

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cant see it in the water. Im no expert, but i have been told that coned is useless below 80 mph. Atleast on my boat. Ill keep my eye out

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bullet123 View Post
    Cant see it in the water. Im no expert, but i have been told that coned is useless below 80 mph. Atleast on my boat. Ill keep my eye out
    Yup. Well just more material to push thru the water prob loose a few mph

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if you did not take shift shaft out of the front of the case to get prop shaft out you broke something as it has a shift cam in the shift barrel on the end of the prop shaft which the shift shaft goes thru and into a hole in the case. showing video ive never done it . besides without the tools its like no help to anyone. i learned how by reading manual and school of oops that will cost me and buying tools

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no surface no help ur wasting yer money

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast