Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

225 EFI injector flow rate?

So I think my injectors in my 97 225 EFI 3.0 (NON OPTIMAX) needs some attention. Now I know there are tons of services where you can send them out and have them flow tested and cleaned, but I'm going to be honest, I don't think it will be worth the money as I think I have at least one that is flat out dead. I was wondering if anyone knows the flow rate of these injectors so I can buy replacements. There are plenty of options on the internet, but I cannot find a flow rate for these injectors anywhere. Part number that came out of my motor are 5KDN. I also saw one set of refurbished ones for sale that were a 5OHV. I did find this website, but wanted to verify that these flow rates are correct. My injectors claim to be 522cc and the other set I saw for sale 510cc.

https://www.injectorrx.com/fuel-inje...uel-injectors/

Thanks,
    Justin

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by racinfast002 View Post
    So I think my injectors in my 97 225 EFI 3.0 (NON OPTIMAX) needs some attention. Now I know there are tons of services where you can send them out and have them flow tested and cleaned, but I'm going to be honest, I don't think it will be worth the money as I think I have at least one that is flat out dead. I was wondering if anyone knows the flow rate of these injectors so I can buy replacements. There are plenty of options on the internet, but I cannot find a flow rate for these injectors anywhere. Part number that came out of my motor are 5KDN. I also saw one set of refurbished ones for sale that were a 5OHV. I did find this website, but wanted to verify that these flow rates are correct. My injectors claim to be 522cc and the other set I saw for sale 510cc.

https://www.injectorrx.com/fuel-inje...uel-injectors/

Thanks,
    Justin
    You can do an ohms test past that Send them to a good marine injection shop and let them test them.

Fuller's marine (a sponsor here) is a good option and if you do have a bad one im.sure they can source you.anproper replacement

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fair enough, but man there are some cheap options on new injectors if I just knew the flow rate. And new>refurbished in my mind. These injectors are found in a lot of car/motorcycle applications.

Also should add, my motors are on Scarab Sport and I'm not spinning them hard. Stock motors other than Chris Carson reeds (fishing motor).

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fair enough, but man there are some cheap options on new injectors if I just knew the flow rate. And new>refurbished in my mind. These injectors are found in a lot of car/motorcycle applications.

Also should add, my motors are on Scarab Sport and I'm not spinning them hard. Stock motors other than Chris Carson reeds (fishing motor).
    I'd rather have a OEM used rebuilt, cleaned, and flowed injector then a cheap knockoff.

A good company will have them good as new
    Last edited by RSWORDS; 09-16-2019 at 01:22 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    002 what you have are commonly refered to as "white tip" or "hi impedence" or "saturated" injectors. They take less voltage to opperate than a "peak and hold" or "low impedence" injector, I have seen a few of them burn one of the electrical post's off at the base. Other than that , the millions of them out there seem to be pretty reliable.
    As Bobby stated , find a company you are comfortable working with.
    (And yes Fullers is deff one of the best )
    Scribe them 1 thru 6 and send them to be tested. I always grab a couple out of the box and send them along as spares. This set , the spares were gummed shut .. LOL
    But my point is , avoid the sales pitch BS about .. I'm so good I can get them within .5% because what you really want is a slight gap in their flow. Weak ones at the top, strong pissers at the bottom. If you look at the before box , you will see that # 6 had one of the poorest flowing .. care to guess which hole I resleeved for the guy .. You can see in the second box at the bottom where they went back in.

I have a company that I buy custom built hi-flow injectors from for my big bore stuff. I told the guy, scribe em, and blow some $hiz thru em so I have a base line to work with, other wise they are useless to me. Since I buy a dozen at a time .. he understood ..
    If you decide to go all new, I would make sure they are willing to the same for you, even if you have to pay a little more , you are taking the first step in "arriving" at a tune-up where all 6 holes are running at the same level of heat .

Looking at the chart you provided .. 5N or 5O have the right numbers. As long as they have the right plugs on the right ends .. an have the correct stack height .. etc.
    Speaking of the ... "chart"

I wondered just how far we could push the little 225 HP Deca pencil injector ..

There they are , twords the bottom ....

388 cc / min I been thru this part before , you can only get so much thru a small hole . 50 PSI is about all i would want to push a VST adj / reg deal ..

It would take 68 psi to get the pencils to blow what a stock white tip will do ..

Bobby , start rummigin thru some of them old azz 2 shutter intakes you got squirreled away .. you fixin to need 6 good pea- shooters ..

6. Thanks racinfast002 thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chaz thank you so much for the info. That is exactly the information I was looking for and exactly what I suspected. 500cc is the average rate of these injectors.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Your welcome ...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

contact Brucato injector service they have been doing Outboard injectors for 25 years talk to Rich, any flow info I’ll bet they can answer any question you have as that’s all they do is Outboard EFI systems , I’ve used them for 25 years great folks and service !!! Good luck ,

J
    Last edited by Jay Smith; 09-19-2019 at 02:26 PM.
    Jay @ JSRE

10. Likes RSWORDS liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unlike so many forum I figure I would actually update with my findings. I bought a set of Honda fuel injectors on eBay that are 500cc and replaced all the fuel line and low and behold it’s the best this motor has ever run. I’m going to replicate this process on the decent running motor and hopefully soon my boat will run the speed/rpm it’s suppose to.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/4-500cc-Fue...0-1f80d9b68e43

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the update. Just squirt em with some CRC every now and again , so they stay lookin good as new ...
    Do the scribe thing in a year or so when you send em off to get cleaned .. but .. then again .. at that price , i bet you'll wait three years pitch em , and get new ones again .. LOL ..

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I’m still running these motors (or even the whole boat) in 3 years I’ve messed up along the way. This was suppose to be my cheap get me by boat....3 years later I still have it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I was with a buddy of mine looking for a parking spot in his freshly painted car. After going up and back and up and back, looking for just that right spot. I said .. why don't ya just hit that shoppin cart right there and get it over with ...

Chaz = thinkin, sometimes old stuff's better ...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don’t know man. I’ve been eyeing those new 32 yellowfins and I like what I see.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If you have the kind of money that won't take food off the table to do it. Then as my mom would say , use it in good health ... !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unlike so many forum I figure I would actually update with my findings. I bought a set of Honda fuel injectors on eBay that are 500cc and replaced all the fuel line and low and behold it’s the best this motor has ever run. I’m going to replicate this process on the decent running motor and hopefully soon my boat will run the speed/rpm it’s suppose to.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/4-500cc-Fue...0-1f80d9b68e43
    Can you post some more info about the injectors, which model they are? Do they plug n play to all the Merc fuel rain parts?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast