Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt.Insane-o View Post
    Personally I would absolutely not allow twin engine boats and cap max length to 22 feet. Anyhoo Tuff will come along

Why not? By allowing the boat length to 24 feet you allow a complete generation of AMAZING boats that started the whole Cat industry back in the 1980-90's that have NOWHERE to go now. There are so many boats built and sold in Europe that would be amazing to get over here save for the costs of just shipping them, just like the Argo-23. I just do not see what all the complaining is for about boats up to 24' or Cats with Twins. At nearly EVERY S&F Rally, Keys Island Runners or other river/lake event... several people have twins on V-bottoms or Cats and not one person is complaining that I have seen while watching their epic YouTube videos capturing the Cat, Tuff or whatever flying by. Then you always have the guy with the STV or Fast V-bottom running along side. I have YET to see one person complain at a Keys Island Runner event complain that someone with a BBC showed up.

This is NOT drag racing... there will most likely be a speed cap so having someone who runs twins is going to be in a different class if you are NOT running twins and that person will have to figure out how to make best use and strategy for their fuel consumption. Enduros are not ever about the guy with the fastest boat... they are about being prepared and knowing your equipment so you can plan for anything that could and probably will happen. The biggest problem in racing today is the Governing Body hosting the event allowing someone with no backbone to make up the rules. You have to be ready to tell the one making the most noise, it's their problem they want to build the one vehicle different than everyone else, just to get the curve in their favor. Well if you want to run a Mustang at LS-Fest... you better have an LS. I am offering a huge diversity with some realistic balance of power adjustments just so everyone can have a chance for fun and/or a win! So let's have fun and let the cards fall where they land at the end of the day. If you get beat, so be it... build something more competitive for the next one.

I had a great conversation with a major Global Sanctioning body today and after the Cannes Boat Show this week, we will begin discussing this event turning into a serious reality. The date for the event has been projected to be 04/04/2020, so begin planning your Spring Break for somewhere on the Central East Coast or Florida. In my talks with a proposed Sanctioning backer today... we could see two or three events in a year with Live Streaming and/or some TV to attract sponsors which will cover the purses, safety and logistics.

In every racing event... the guy who goes out blazing at the start will always fail first. It is the one team that works together, pacing the field and remaining steady, standing on the podium at the end of the race.

2. Likes OLEGATOR liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mjw930 View Post
    I’d suggest 18’ - 21’ but bump the next class to 21’1” - 24’ and break that top class into 2 classes, Extreme Marine Single and Extreme Marine Twin. I’d also consider capping it at 400hp in the single class and 300hp for twins. Allowing the 450 creates a situation when whoever brings the most cash wins, hardly what a grass roots racing event needs. Weights need to be tweaked but it will take some analysis. For example, the 400 adds 160-200 lbs but is still faster than the 300 so it may need another 100 lbs or so the even it out.

Those sizes allow the LCBs, Liberators, Talons, Argos, Twisters, etc. to run together as well as singles and twins but allows for class wins against like configurations.

Overall though it’s a great start. I’d also think a lake event vs. the St. John’s is preferable option. You aren’t going to be able to block off that much of the St. John’s on a weekend.

I was not planning to have the Twins in the same classification as a single in that size. I agree with you... it would be a separate designation entirely. There are boats that are 20-21 feet with twins, as Joe asked earlier. He would have to be bumped into the twin class as a 40 gallon cell limitation would not work for such a rig. In the case of the Skater 24, they have twin 60 gallon integral tanks... so there is no limitation available.

I want to see a field like you suggest but I also do not think it is fair for me to compete with my 21' Eliminator Daytona against an STV as my boat will handle the rough chop 10X better but as attrition begins to thin out the fields... the STVs will walk away from boat. Also considering an Argo will bring a substantial mix as these boats have unheard of speed with very little power. Their hydro-dynamics mixed with their unparalleled aerodynamics gives them a substantial advantage in rough water but in the end... if we use a Cast Speed of 110mph, then all bets are off and a boat with a center pod will be more efficient, running lighter with less fuel.

If you see my breakdown of the 3.0L direct injected classes compared to the 400R & 450R motors... think about it, these guys are still hitting the limiters with 36" props as that technology has yet to be produced to harness the power these motors can lay down. I am adding weight, increasing their fuel stop times and reducing their tank size. It will be a game of calculations for them. In my mind... the guy to watch out for is the one with a strong & reinforced Allison running a 2.0L Carb motor like an SST120 block and a shiftable XR6 or CLE gearcase. He is light and will have to put up with some abuse in the beginning but as all these enduros go if you watch the Parker Replays... by the 10th lap its flat water. Now all the Ally has to do is dance and keep it together. Someone with a Mirage RR or Jaguar set up for Center Steer will also have a great race as these hulls have the driver a bit more forward than the STV and their tunnels hook turns really well with a light 2.0L o 2.4L. They get the refueling advantage of 8 minutes per stop which gives them nearly a full lap advantage on a 6mile course over the bigger boats.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    An argo with a 2.5 will walk if a gearcase can be kept under it.
    The bigger picture needs to be looked at with the demographic of who and what is actually going to show up and race.

5. Likes nitro_rat liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    An argo with a 2.5 will walk if a gearcase can be kept under it.
    The bigger picture needs to be looked at with the demographic of who and what is actually going to show up and race.
    Exactly why I started this thread, to see if the first race will be more than my 21' Eliminator with a 250XS, War Canoe, and a few Argos with magic Sportmasters gleaming with Mad EFI billet parts. I might decide to run my Skater unless someone trades me an Argo for it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    A stock 99ci v bottom class for 15-18 footers would be cool. I'd put my xs back on my vector and run that for sure.

The 2.0 class I'd leave alone save for the propshaft height rule

Keep it simple and they will come!

8. Thanks Tango thanked for this post
    Likes nitro_rat liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A stock 99ci v bottom class for 15-18 footers would be cool. I'd put my xs back on my vector and run that for sure.

I intend to keep the rules simple to weights, type of motors and size of boats.... we will let attrition sort out the rest. What is the length of a Vector? I used to own one but hardly remember. It had a stock 2.4 BP EFI and it was like standing on a 2x4" while on top of a bowling ball.... and the best boat in the world to learn how to control a chine walk.

10. Likes nitro_rat liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tango View Post
    What is the length of a Vector?
    17'

12. Thanks Tango thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mjw930 View Post
    I’d suggest 18’ - 21’ but bump the next class to 21’1” - 24’ and break that top class into 2 classes, Extreme Marine Single and Extreme Marine Twin. I’d also consider capping it at 400hp in the single class and 300hp for twins. Allowing the 450 creates a situation when whoever brings the most cash wins, hardly what a grass roots racing event needs. Weights need to be tweaked but it will take some analysis. For example, the 400 adds 160-200 lbs but is still faster than the 300 so it may need another 100 lbs or so the even it out.

Those sizes allow the LCBs, Liberators, Talons, Argos, Twisters, etc. to run together as well as singles and twins but allows for class wins against like configurations.

Overall though it’s a great start. I’d also think a lake event vs. the St. John’s is preferable option. ___****__You aren’t going to be able to block off that much of the St. John’s on a weekend.___****___

Mark,

The river won't need to be shut down for this. Its so wide between the city ramp, into the corner, and all of the way North to Crystal Cove that there is tons of room for a course to be set up outside of the channel markers. The ramp and its parking lot would however be "out of order".

Today with the wind blowing like it is would not be good for anything under a 24 to run near 100 mph. These days are rare and there is a storm off shore that is assisting with our current conditions. Another course consideration will be crab traps. I hope the guys that set them are smart enough to "collect and reset".

Joe

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's proof that a Hydrostream and Argo play well together...

15. Thanks mr fun thanked for this post
    Likes Capt.Insane-o liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I would build a rig for this class also!

17. Likes Tango, Capt.Insane-o liked this post
    #2 iron from the Mayo clinic, Fla. / Blue Ridge, VA.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tavares Fla, the town is VERY receptive to boating events. I've met the Mayor there thru Bill John the former head of the CRA events there. plenty of motels, long runs to the end of the lake, APBA affiliated club with equipment, organizing skills, spectator area's, multiple launch space simultaneously, fresh water, with the emphasis on the municipality being welcoming. fun out
    most overnite successes usually take at least 10 years

Certified turd polisher,

19. Thanks Tango thanked for this post
    Likes Tango, mjw930, Capt.Insane-o liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mr fun View Post
    Tavares Fla, the town is VERY receptive to boating events. I've met the Mayor there thru Bill John the former head of the CRA events there. plenty of motels, long runs to the end of the lake, APBA affiliated club with equipment, organizing skills, spectator area's, multiple launch space simultaneously, fresh water, with the emphasis on the municipality being welcoming. fun out

Lake Harris or Eustis might work. I was looking on Google Earth and trying to find the best areas there. Any suggestions?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There isn’t a ramp facility on Lake Eustis that would be conducive to an event like this unless you used the ramp off 441 and it’s a major roadway. Lake Harris has a great ramp facility at Hickory Point but there’s no place for spectator viewing along the shoreline.

The ideal location is Tavares using Lake Dora. Here’s a google map of the city ramp, I think this post Mathew/Irma because they were destroyed. Note, this is hosting the CRA event when the shot was taken.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9D3AD87A-2469-457F-9471-ECAEB1777FF7.png 
Views:	28 
Size:	6.40 MB 
ID:	448825

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6AA1B0DF-5702-4D93-9F19-03361B5D85F1.png 
Views:	19 
Size:	5.42 MB 
ID:	448826
    Mark

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I agree with this....both venues lack launch ramp capacities.

#2 iron from the Mayo clinic, Fla. / Blue Ridge, VA.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool

Tavares is the seaplane capital of the world, the ramp facilities there are unrivaled, intended to handle multiple seaplanes at once. there is a huge section next to it for spectator/ RV parking, Hotel complex across the street overlooking the entire venue, Lake Dora I'm guessing is about 5 miles end to end with the community of Tavares on one end and Mount Dora on the other. Mount Dora is a storybook little walk around town with dozens of little eateries door to door all within walking distance. the coolest part is there is a REAL steam powered passenger locomotive that runs between the 2 communities thru waterfront residential properties that has been used in many Disney films , really a hidden gem in central Fla. fun out
    most overnite successes usually take at least 10 years

Certified turd polisher,

24. Likes Capt.Insane-o, mjw930 liked this post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast