Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Carburetor Emulsion Tube Alignment Question

Guys,

I've just bought an Evinrude 115 V4 (1978) on the back of a Glastron GT150 that I'm restoring. I pulled the carbs and found 3 of the 8 jets completely stopped-up. Two of the jets had been drilled out (holes too large) while everyone of them had stripped slots in the heads, so I pulled all of them using an easyout tool. I'm going to replace them all with factory new ones.

One other thing I discovered was that 1 of the 4 emulsion tubes is miss-aligned. I have attempted to rotate it, but it's not moving and I don't see them available should I bread or damage it. The question and reason for posting this is to get opinions and experienced inputs on whether this matters and if so, how do I fix/replace? I've looked and cannot find an emulsion tube listed for sale. The factory manual does not cover removal in the Fuel System section. Thanks, Gordon

This photo on the left is correct and 3 of the 4 are like this. The photo on the right is the one I'm concerned about -

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5675.JPG 
Views:	30 
Size:	307.1 KB 
ID:	448666Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5678.JPG 
Views:	29 
Size:	308.3 KB 
ID:	448667

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Was that the carb with drilled jets?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That I don't know - I found the alignment issue after I had removed all 8 jets. The two drilled mains were in the same bowl, but I can't be sure which carb the bowl came from since I was taking them both apart at the same time. I removed the drain screws from the bowl sides and tried to remove the mains, but the heads had been chewed off. I then used compressed air to blow through - 1 bowl pair was stopped-up, 1 pair had holes that I could see through once both drains had been removed (straight shot side to side). The previous owner said the outboard was running, but not good. These jets issues along with choke plates that were partially closed and timing linkage (sync/link) problems, I'm actually quite optimistic about it performing very well once reassembled and tuned. The compression on all 4 cyclinders is good.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have some carbs... in back woods..... if ya need .... cheep... think off a 140 ?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordon02 View Post
    That I don't know - I found the alignment issue after I had removed all 8 jets. The two drilled mains were in the same bowl, but I can't be sure which carb the bowl came from since I was taking them both apart at the same time. I removed the drain screws from the bowl sides and tried to remove the mains, but the heads had been chewed off. I then used compressed air to blow through - 1 bowl pair was stopped-up, 1 pair had holes that I could see through once both drains had been removed (straight shot side to side). The previous owner said the outboard was running, but not good. These jets issues along with choke plates that were partially closed and timing linkage (sync/link) problems, I'm actually quite optimistic about it performing very well once reassembled and tuned. The compression on all 4 cyclinders is good.
    I was just curious as if those were drilled because of that carb issue , seems to me it would run different than rest with tube being turned. ,,