Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People, Elephants and Mercury Marine 4 Strokes (New Market)

The gestation period for human babies is 9 months. Elephant baby deliveries can be 18 months plus. Somewhere in between is Mercury V6 & V8 four stroke production delivery. I have been waiting SIXTY weeks for my V8 ProXS to arrive. Went and saw Merc's new product tour truck in August 2018 and promptly ordered my new ProXS. Since that time I have been waiting, waiting and waiting. Merc HQ would not even respond to phone calls about my order and would defer any Q/A back to their "dealers". When I ordered in August 2018, Merc estimated the delivery to be March/April 2019. I've been told I will see my ProXS the beginning of October. We'll see.…...I have also learned that any non-stocked V6 or V8 Merc 4 stroke will require a 4 month lead time. You might want to keep all of this in mind when thinking about any re-power ideas.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Wildman/ Randy has one now if you need to have your needs met now . Hope that helps . Seems a reasonable solution to your wait.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Other Options

Quote Originally Posted by kellytheaker View Post
    Wildman/ Randy has one now if you need to have your needs met now . Hope that helps . Seems a reasonable solution to your wait.
    I've waited this long, only option I would expect is a decent price for this engine. Summer's over, I don't live in FL and the only "rush" I would be making would be to hang this thing on my boat and to have it sit in the garage until next spring. Never thought I'd see an entire summer's boating season come and go and not have this engine.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I know about the short season - i wore a toque out running around last week just because i didnt need a head cold - but im running with no windshield and its breezy - yes its strarting toget chilly here and be patient - something real good is coming your way - dont beat on mother Mercury - they have great product - yes the wait is long . Sometimes it' a little more to walk into a dealer and get but suspect they stepped up and ordered far earlier and have some - like Randy did - he stepped forward and paid up I suspect . Be patient just a little longer