Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Call all ya want.....I drink 1.75 in 3 Dazzz.....So if ya calling me out for 6/12 pack.....then I ammm not quitting.....

4. Likes SS Minnow liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I turn 67 next month, or should I say it's my 2nd birthday after having a stroke 9/2017! That said... due to the stroke I find us paying others to do what I once could do. Even have a shop do what is needed done on our Checkmate 270 Convincor. Knees are gone so thinking of getting one over winter and see how that works out. Got over 30hrs runtime on checkmate which is more than I done in several years.

Just keep on going on and on, just takes longer to go and get things done.
    Checkmate 2002 Convincor 270 496 MAG-HO

2003 Cougar 22MTR w/300xs SOLD
    90 21Skater w/300xs - sold
    98 STV Euroski w/280 - sold

2006 Trailblazer SS 6.0l 395hp

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave S View Post
    Call all ya want.....I drink 1.75 in 3 Dazzz.....So if ya calling me out for 6/12 pack.....then I ammm not quitting.....
    Well my friend... as has been said... you can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning...
    \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\///

Checkmate Pulsare 2100 with a 2017 Merc 250 Pro XS

7. Likes SS Minnow liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Robby321 View Post
    My brother has a nice house on Lake Wildwood in NorCal. Has a big both sides family for a reunion summers at "Camp OFL"...OLD FARTS LAKE! He's 80 and STILL active. Me? 70 and still active if ya call active doing a ten minute job that takes all week. Damn,I spend more time writing notes "to Do" than doing them! Its a rough life..!

Attachment 448776
    And also retired at 44 in 94, so 25 years now been the ..well friend tagged me the "An Accomplished Gentleman of leisure" In other words "the perfect bum"..(its more fun than ya think! ..not me but!).
    And if you come take away my cheap beer, or come after my guns? SOMEBODY GONNA GET HURT!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 53700349_10155784229097811_7905230265721552896_n.jpg  
    Last edited by Robby321; 09-13-2019 at 09:42 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TraceF3 View Post
    Well my friend... as has been said... you can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning...
    Thats why I sleep to noon..

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

11. Likes Instigator liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This thread makes me think of some tricks I learned over the years so I don’t mess up my workflow. The biggest one was learning the problem phrases. For me the worst one is “for now” usually applied with the preface “put it there for now” which destroyed my project progress on every project because clutter piled around everything and even on days I wanted to work I had to first spend half the day cleaning up junk which was a morale killer and a time suck which slowed actual results. Even worse I would always find things that I meant to use and had all these distractions pop to mind during the clean up. “For now” are the worst two words I can say so when they pop to mind? I find a proper home or if it’s prefaced with another bad preface;

“good enough, for now”. This one is a baaaaaaad one for anyone looking to go fast. It’s good or it’s not it’s never good enough that’s dangerous and sloppy and usually ends up costing more money and more time than doing it good the first time.

I also avoid piling stuff on top of my projects when parked. This really helps me get at it when there is time and keeps the projects looking their best which inspires the work as well. When I have piles of clutter in everything it’s demoralizing and too easy to choose not to bother. There’s lots of little motivation tricks like this to help keep the dreams moving forward
    Hydrostream dreamin

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LakeFever View Post
    This thread makes me think of some tricks I learned over the years so I don’t mess up my workflow. The biggest one was learning the problem phrases. For me the worst one is “for now” usually applied with the preface “put it there for now” which destroyed my project progress on every project because clutter piled around everything and even on days I wanted to work I had to first spend half the day cleaning up junk which was a morale killer and a time suck which slowed actual results. Even worse I would always find things that I meant to use and had all these distractions pop to mind during the clean up. “For now” are the worst two words I can say so when they pop to mind? I find a proper home or if it’s prefaced with another bad preface;

“good enough, for now”. This one is a baaaaaaad one for anyone looking to go fast. It’s good or it’s not it’s never good enough that’s dangerous and sloppy and usually ends up costing more money and more time than doing it good the first time.

I also avoid piling stuff on top of my projects when parked. This really helps me get at it when there is time and keeps the projects looking their best which inspires the work as well. When I have piles of clutter in everything it’s demoralizing and too easy to choose not to bother. There’s lots of little motivation tricks like this to help keep the dreams moving forward
    "Good enough", I hate that one, with a passion. Literally fired a guy once because he would not stop saying that. Was contracting at the time and I did not want that being said on my job site. Good enough? Hell with that. We aim for perfection and settle for nothing less. I mean, my customers were paying thousands for the work I was doing. The last thing I wanted them to hear was good enough.

14. Likes Instigator, Frank Molé liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Euroski View Post
    I turn 67 next month, or should I say it's my 2nd birthday after having a stroke 9/2017! That said... due to the stroke I find us paying others to do what I once could do. Even have a shop do what is needed done on our Checkmate 270 Convincor. Knees are gone so thinking of getting one over winter and see how that works out. Got over 30hrs runtime on checkmate which is more than I done in several years.
    Just keep on going on and on, just takes longer to go and get things done.
    Yep, me too. Got 2 years on ya. I was kicking ass until hit 68, and everything "lifestyle of simple who cares, lets do it" caught up with me (health), and all downhill from there. Stent in the leg saved my foot, but I'm still sore with "PAD" Walking in big box stores a chore, but not using one them electric carts!
    "Peripheral artery disease is a narrowing of the peripheral arteries serving the legs, stomach, arms and head. (“Peripheral” in this case means away from the heart, in the outer regions of the body.) PAD most commonly affects arteries in the legs."

If your calf's hurt, ya got it too. On 5 different blood thinners now too. Quick run down the worst year my life, now over with, chapter 2 now.
    And no more ladders for me. Yep, I hire out stuff I used to do without a thought. No regrets Or really REGERTS!), been a GREAT run!

"Long story short Winter/Spring (2018). Van gave up the ghost. Bought anther car here (from Oregon plated, Turbo WRX) but had title problems (solved now), but bought ANOTHER car meantime. Then wanted to sell my 20 foot "dogs boat" friend down the block. We go out, motor over heats (hes driving, I would have caught it) and seized up. Sold as is to another. Then sold my 10 foot Olympian. Down to just the Flatbottom. But late fall started having leg issues, wound that would not heal, infected. Then foot was sore, turning into black spots toes, heel. Had to use a walker to go Docs weekly. Then had Catscan done, blockage left leg so Surgery, stent in and healed up pretty good. Still missing a couple toenails, but can walk (cane needed, short walks to as get sore as still have Peripheral artery disease. Sold all my small OB motors, only Flatty left as need that 2 stroke FIX! . Sold off all my bikes but my HD Dragbike and Shovelhead HD. Got a couple golf carts for hood cruising here, 2 stroke gas too both.. (and hitting the Marina and begging boat rides!). Simple getting old, and running out of steam, but not dead yet!
    Be 70 next June, and ...HA! (Like Snickers myself!

Last edited by Robby321; 09-14-2019 at 03:31 PM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Had a great day in the shop today.

Didnt use the timer method but always keep a “to do” list in large projects and I break them down in A - C priorities and also guesstimate labor/time required.

This let’s me pick something that “needs” done or something I have time for.

And a bonus to having multiple projects is there’s almost always something to knock off a list.

Today I bounced between Cheryl’s Checkmate, my Checkmate (got the sun lounge cushion back) and my Yamaha Fj.

Just what I needed.

Working my ass off through wk on new job so not coming home w/much energy to go to shop.
    Hopefully as I settle into a routine there, I will come home w/a little more in the tank.
    I'd rather be competitive w/junk I built in my garage than win w/stuff I bought.

I refuse to allow common sense to interfere w/my boat buying decisions.

Checkmate 16' 140 Johnson
    Hydrostream 17' Vector FrankenRude I
    Laser 480 (?) 21' w/GT 200
    Glastron Carlson Conquest w/XP 2.6
    Glastron Carlson CVX 20 w/XP 2.6
    24' Sonic w/twin 250 Johnsons
    24' Sonic w/twin 250 HO Johnsons
    19' STV River Rocket w/FrankenRude II
    Allison XR 2002 w/Frankenrude II
    Hydrostream 18' V-King w/Frankenrude II

17. Likes SCT liked this post
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Doing an experiment.

My routine was to come home from work, stressed out and tired, grab a beer and a shot bourbon, set in my easy chair, turn in the news and unwind.

During that time, my lovely wife is making dinner.

By the time dinner is ready my mind is at ease but my motivation is zero.

I park my work car in my pole barn/shop.
    So when I come home from work, I pull in my gorgeous shop, look at my 2 boats, 3 motors, 2 motorcycles and think of all I could be doing, then lock it up and head for the house!

For this week, I have replaced the beer/shot w/staying in the shop for s couple hrs.
    So far I’m batting 50% for staying out there and working on projects.
    And I like the feeling of forgetting work and feeling the accomplishment of progress in s project.

Dont think I’m a drunk but I can work 14 hrs non stop, crack a beer, drink half of it and my motivation is gone!

Ill keep you posted as the experiment continues.
    I'd rather be competitive w/junk I built in my garage than win w/stuff I bought.

I refuse to allow common sense to interfere w/my boat buying decisions.

Checkmate 16' 140 Johnson
    Hydrostream 17' Vector FrankenRude I
    Laser 480 (?) 21' w/GT 200
    Glastron Carlson Conquest w/XP 2.6
    Glastron Carlson CVX 20 w/XP 2.6
    24' Sonic w/twin 250 Johnsons
    24' Sonic w/twin 250 HO Johnsons
    19' STV River Rocket w/FrankenRude II
    Allison XR 2002 w/Frankenrude II
    Hydrostream 18' V-King w/Frankenrude II

19. Likes CDave, Robby321 liked this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3