Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm no stranger to hearing about the less accuracy of the AK vs AR. I have my AK at home for fun and my dept issues an S&W AR, and every single sh*tin time we have to qualify for the year....the AR jams or something goes wrong with it (brand new by the way). Haven't had so much as a hiccup from the romanian after 1000's rds....and that's not even one of the sought after AK models
    1977 Hydrostream Vector 2.5 Promax

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nitro_rat View Post
    The AK mags can be made to work if you do it that way. The "drop in" conversions don't feed for s***! Once you've used the stripper clips with the stock mag it's hard to get into the mods. One lever to dump, so easy to recharge with the strippers. Doesn't stick out or look "scary." Win-win for me. And I usually knock out the pin for the pig sticker and leave it at home...
    The only thing I have shot with clips is an M1 Garand. (I need one of those too)

I bought my SKS as is, sling and all. It runs fine. I keep the pig sticker on there just to make the snowflakes melt. BTW, I can take my mag out and it has a lower profile than yours, less the sticker scary. Never thought about taking it off. Might do that. It is so simple and easy to clean, etc. I love it. But then so is my M1 Carbine and my Mini 14.

If I want to look like I have a "hunting gun", I take my Mini 14 with the factory mag. You can also get a 5 rnd mag for the M1 Carbine.

Hey Ed, I bought my Ruger new too. Still have the box it came in. I bet I can get more than I paid for it. I'd give it a 9.5.

I am looking for a another M1 Carbine. Mine is original WWII made by Saginaw Steering gear division of GM. It looks almost new. I don't mind plinking with it some. It does have an M2 stock and a few other mismatch parts. But that is normal. I want one I can toss in the rear floor board. I like the .30 cal. It doesn't bust your drums like 5.56 or 7.62. Super low recoil and good for 150 yds. I found a place in Italy that makes paratrooper stocks for them (folding) just like the original.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN7455.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	411.1 KB 
ID:	448702

3. Thanks nitro_rat thanked for this post
    Likes CDave liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Forkin' Crazy View Post

Hey Ed, I bought my Ruger new too. Still have the box it came in. I bet I can get more than I paid for it. I'd give it a 9.5.

I am looking for a another M1 Carbine. Mine is original WWII made by Saginaw Steering gear division of GM. It looks almost new. I don't mind plinking with it some. It does have an M2 stock and a few other mismatch parts. But that is normal. I want one I can toss in the rear floor board. I like the .30 cal. It doesn't bust your drums like 5.56 or 7.62. Super low recoil and good for 150 yds. I found a place in Italy that makes paratrooper stocks for them (folding) just like the original.
    I use to have a Mini 14 Ranch. I bought that one used. The owner before me removed all the finish from the stock and refinished it with clear coat. It looked damn sexy, yeah. I took it to a gun show to try and trade for a good shotgun.
    I was amazed how many of the sellers at the show asked me what it was. That blond stock threw them.

I had a M1 carbine too. I forget the brand but it wasn't a military rifle AFAIK. I wish I still had almost all the firearms I've sold. Mini 14, left handed 870 Wingmaster, SPAS 12, Anschutz 1516 w/set trigger, AMT Lightning rifle and the M1 Carbine.
    Last edited by CDave; 09-15-2019 at 06:09 PM.
    -----------------------
    93 STV Mod VP/MERC 2.5 200
    -----
    The Bible is life's instruction manual.

Proverbs 4:18-20

" For a nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people."
    -- John F. Kennedy 1962

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The ak is a great gun for battle. You can't kill it. But the ar15 has so much more potential. The 300 blackout isn't as powerful as the 7.62x39, but has bullet choices from 110 grain up to over 300 grain. So choices are endless. The ar15 platform has a new round too, 350 legend, (5.56 case with 357 bullet) more power than 5.56, 300blk, 243win, 30-30, 7.62x39.....and there are so many variants for the ar. All the way up to .50 Beowulf. I don't own a ak or ever fired one. So I can't comment on how they perform.

6. Likes CDave liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gorilla,
    What to you marry your Beowulf upper to AR 15 , AR 10 , or ???? That might be my new project .....

Thanks for the info Bro,

Jay
    Jay @ JSRE

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Standard ar15 lower. And a bolt for a 7.62x39. The upper needs to have a large ejection port. Either built for it or standard port modified to fit. Honestly I'd prob go with a 458 socom, only cause I hand load. The 50 Beowulf is limited on bullets. 45 cal are way more abundant.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Although I built it cause it's the biggest thing you can shoot from an ar15. Same case as the S/W 500 magnum revolver. Just with a smaller rim to fit the 7.62 bolt face.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Im gonna look more into the 350 legend round too.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check out a company named...Tromix. Ar 15 variants with some serious caliber dimensions.
    I CAN ALWAYS MAKE ANOTHER DOLLAR, BUT I CANNOT MAKE ANOTHER DAY

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That that have....m1 a1.....brit junk........

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry I have non of the said guns........just paper clips......

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2