Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need prop help

Guys, I need a little help with propping my boat.

I'm running a 2004 Bullet 21XDC hull with a 2011 ProXS running a 32p Bravo 1 prop. It's very sluggish coming out the hole not allowing the engine to turn up until it brake over onto plane. I know I need to drop the pitch but should I drop a blade as well? I have tried a 31p Bravo 1 and it's about the same, top end is only 70mph at 5450 to 5500rpm very light load, driver with full fuel. Any good suggestion will be appreciated, shouldn't I be turning 5800 to 6400rpm with this motor? I was thinking about trying a 27p Tempest just don't know if that would be to much of a drop do to dropping a blade as well.

Also one other thing, when I put it into reverse with both Bravo props the motor wont turn up much ether. Just a side note, could something be wrong with the motor?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try a 28-30p Mercury ProMax with PVS holes. 14.5 instead of 15.25. Pretty much a thick Pro ET!!
    Try the Trophy you mentioned.....Sometimes they work amazing on the strangest things!!����

3. Likes Hot Rod liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Rod View Post
    Guys, I need a little help with propping my boat.

I'm running a 2004 Bullet 21XDC hull with a 2011 ProXS running a 32p Bravo 1 prop. It's very sluggish coming out the hole not allowing the engine to turn up until it brake over onto plane. I know I need to drop the pitch but should I drop a blade as well? I have tried a 31p Bravo 1 and it's about the same, top end is only 70mph at 5450 to 5500rpm very light load, driver with full fuel. Any good suggestion will be appreciated, shouldn't I be turning 5800 to 6400rpm with this motor? I was thinking about trying a 27p Tempest just don't know if that would be to much of a drop do to dropping a blade as well.

Also one other thing, when I put it into reverse with both Bravo props the motor wont turn up much ether. Just a side note, could something be wrong with the motor?
    31’s and 2’s are way too much pitch for that setup. Depending on your typical load I’d buy a 27 or 28 Pro Max. Most guys will run the 28
    Erik Kiser

5. Likes Hot Rod liked this post