Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looper jets

Hello!
    Is there anyone on this board who are interested in selling OMC Looper main jets?
    Unfortunately for me, dealers in the US don’t sell OEM outside the country.

I’m in need of two sets (v6):
    77D and
    78D

//Anders

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What year ,engine Hp they cam off ?? My personal experience is with 98 225 Hp idle fuel mix screw in throttle body (not carb) my extensive mods include hand drilling float seats .60-.65 an only drill from opposite side to needle seat using precision machinist bits making shure there is a clean finish mains we’re drilled out to .85 the exhaust timing is 1.67 from top cranking comp 160psi took 100ths off heads I did the matching of block halves extensive polishing and grinding of block castings including opening up finger ports in block and pistons as well as increasing flow at bottom of sleeve like a funnel transition from piston matching in sleeve balanced pistons and rods to 1/2 gram of each this engine I have been running sence 2000 no worries an very reliable smooth running and will twist a 26bravo one 6300 at 69mph it’s a 21.6 offshore fishing boat hope this helps next engine is getting same treatment but it’s a 2013 3.3 ltr changing to reliable ocean pro non fuel inj

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrG View Post
    What year ,engine Hp they cam off ?? My personal experience is with 98 225 Hp idle fuel mix screw in throttle body (not carb) my extensive mods include hand drilling float seats .60-.65 an only drill from opposite side to needle seat using precision machinist bits making shure there is a clean finish mains we’re drilled out to .85 the exhaust timing is 1.67 from top cranking comp 160psi took 100ths off heads I did the matching of block halves extensive polishing and grinding of block castings including opening up finger ports in block and pistons as well as increasing flow at bottom of sleeve like a funnel transition from piston matching in sleeve balanced pistons and rods to 1/2 gram of each this engine I have been running sence 2000 no worries an very reliable smooth running and will twist a 26bravo one 6300 at 69mph it’s a 21.6 offshore fishing boat hope this helps next engine is getting same treatment but it’s a 2013 3.3 ltr changing to reliable ocean pro non fuel inj
    Might be done with a reamer!?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain75 View Post
    Hello!
    Is there anyone on this board who are interested in selling OMC Looper main jets?
    Unfortunately for me, dealers in the US don’t sell OEM outside the country.

I’m in need of two sets (v6):
    77D and
    78D

//Anders
    Are there no dealers in Sweden or elsewhere in The EU ?
    OMC used to have a big facility in Belgium for the European market.

Matt

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They don’t make them that small I use a pin drill for air bleeds now I only use idle adjusting throttle body but still drill main jets a good Titanium drill bit set that has a number set with the decimal equivalent that works fine in a pin drill holder
    Last edited by MrG; 08-24-2019 at 02:09 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MattGreen View Post
    Are there no dealers in Sweden or elsewhere in The EU ?
    OMC used to have a big facility in Belgium for the European market.

Matt
    Got a hold of the BRP general agent over here. Unfortunately, they told me the jets I’m searching for (75, 76, 77 and 78Ds) all have expired and they can’t deliver any of them.
    Due to this I will have to try another angle of attack...
    Today I recieved these beautiful german-made reamers from a UK hardware store, I hope they will meat my expectations when it comes to enlargening needle seats and high speed jets.
    My plan is to start with .075 reamed jets in all cyls apart from #2 which will have .076”. Hopefully these will give me some more top end revs. Currently running jets drilled to appx .081.
    Motor is a closed deck Evinrude looper with 2.7heads, and mid bore carbs.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B0390063-6A86-4CD1-A713-C9A834A3C901.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	60.3 KB 
ID:	448608
    Last edited by Captain75; 09-11-2019 at 02:02 PM.

7. Thanks SS Minnow thanked for this post
    Likes SS Minnow liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for sharing. I need to get a set of those. Likely cheaper then ordering 4-6 X's how many different jets to find out what you need. And then when you order them, it takes time for shipping as no one has them locally.

I have drilled jets before. An old Harley with a carb that no one carries jets for anymore. But, after a little looking into it, it turns out that Yamaha still used a carb with similar jets not to long ago and a local dealer still carried them. Even though they fit the carb, they were not right as I was looking to feed 1200+ cc's from one jet where they were feeding 300cc per jet. Just could never get it right, but still runs good. I just want perfection.