I am honestly torn on this when it comes to the thought of doing a resto.... when I think about re doing my boat and splitting the hull I feel intimidated every time i ponder it, but much like everything else i do its probably ten times easier then i imagine. however, id like to know how many of you (if any) have taken your boat in to a shop to have them do it? were the costs astronomical? were they hard to deal with? if you had someone resto your boat would you do it again?

heres my train of thought that sparked this question: my boat will likely need some love in about 5 years time and i might as well go all out if i am gonna cut the floor up. I really like the boat as its unique, rides very well, has a nice layout and is a decent size for the water i run. id like it to go a little faster but at 65mph its respectable. with a new transom and properly installed knees i could likely repower to a 300 and have the speed i want. the flip side is i could also just step into a similar sized checkmate in good condition that would probably check all the boxes for me and break the bank somewhere around 15k. if i were to resto my boat myself i assume id be into it for somewhere around 5k(long shot guess) but it would be lighter and stronger when complete. im just not thrilled at the thought of doing it myself, so that sparks the thought of farming this out to a place that does this kind of stuff on the regular, but that would obviously up the cost of the resto significantly...… thoughts?

this is what happens when im bored at work, i think about problems i don't have.