Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It's like the block guys said, this will really make power (no pun) and the styling crew said that thing will never fit in the curves we have in mind. Both departments fighting for every inch they can get ...
    Even though it's open, there's not a lot of up and down real estate to get it done over distance here either.
    This "D" shaped tuner started out longer with a round exit. What it wanted was a gentle bend around the outside and for the inside to try and stay as straight as possible to the back wall of the block.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chaz... FMP was talkin about the 60% V4 merc on history of V6 merc.... strange fire order to get ex pulses rite. On the omc.... sorry .... OMC they have 3 clys grouping into a mid/ spot and then megaphones built in block... complex...so.....sand cast..... tend to rot. Merc went simpler.... Die cast no rot.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Dave, have I introduced you to my friend the 300xs . Him or one of his cousin's comes to visit me @ least once a month .. this one's not that bad ..

They also don't remember where they put the sealing rings. Look at the second one back. Naturally I made a cutter / sander that puts back the half-moon after I weld a shoulder back on the rib.

Now here's an old azz doubled-up 4 ....> OMC LMAO .. And I just threw a new battery in the wand-light .. lets take a peek ..

Looks to be in pretty good shape ... No glue lines with hemoGLOBins as big around as your finger nail oozing out into the middle of ports , water passages for no apparent reason .. but lets keep lookin

Lets look down the big water entry under the ex ports at the base of the cyls ..

Eight even runners leaving the cyls at a slight downward angle and then rolling up to meet the port floor square.

The inside can't be as nice as the outside. Bottom 4 have a long divider wall

And a nice roller coaster ride with no sharp kinks, bends or misplaced bolt holes to impede flow ..

Top 4 have the same well divided trip along the outside .... except there's a choke ..

That leads into this megaphone ...

Which is in the adapter plate for the bottom four holes on a stocker ... And Twister, had a stainless "cowbell" one on the outside ... nuttin complicated bout dat ..

4. Likes AZMIDLYF liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The 3.0 is lost foam casting......2.5.....were die cast I think.....maybe the later ones were lost......That V8 exhust is nice... The V6 is different.......It's All good..... we all have toys to play with......KG9 had tunned exhust.....They sept the 4 clys to pairs of 2....I am sure some old speedy 4s and old stuff.....had some ex helpers.....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3