Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9F85F537-1D06-4010-AF1C-6A5A463E1550.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	423.7 KB 
ID:	446650Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B38DD755-EC60-40E7-86A0-6987E1E4FAF3.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	427.8 KB 
ID:	446651Telling ya this is some of the best products on the market, if not the best. Just fixed a misfire cyl 3 and fuel trim codes on a direct injected buierk. The diesel guys usually call back after doing injector clean and tank additive ask what all did y’all do to my truck? It’s way quieter and have way more power! They can’t believ all we done was clean the fuel system. I’m not a big believer in miracle chemicals/products, and this ain’t one either, but it’s the closest I’ve seen to being one. Oil pressure problems on the tight oil pump screened Chrysler’s, no problem put some 109 in, run it for 20 minutes, change oil and done, thank ya very much mam
    Last edited by FORBESAUTO; 08-13-2019 at 07:00 PM.

2. Likes Capt.Insane-o liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been using Aces IV recently and like it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All liquid additives “work” BUT no substitute for removal and have a injector company clean , flow and calibrate I’ve used Brucato for 20 years batting 1000 with my stuff ....
    JMO. JAY
    Jay @ JSRE

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Additives work and do exactly what they are formulated to do. Clean the Injector nozzle (Pintle & Seat). But they dont clean or unclog the Micro screens. Those screens have to be removed or the Injector reverse flushed. And reverse flushing can only be done on a Injector machine with that function BUT!!! doesnt always work.

As far a Any company claiming they can Calibrate a faulty injector???? I CALLBS BS!!!!!!! These injectors that most of us are currently referring to are machine Crimp sealed and cannot!! I repeat cannot be taken apart and calibrated or parts replaced!!!. I have challenged these false claims from the beginning. I have a Friend that works for Bosch in the injector division and these injectors Cannot be taken apart and calibrated or internal parts replaced to correct a bad flow rate after properly cleaning. If Im cleaning and flowing Injectors (Ultrasonic clean, leak test, Spray Pattern, Static Flow & Dynamic Pulse Flow) for a race/High performance Motor. And after going through all the cycles and Ultrasonic cleaning the injector(s) dont flow within 2 cc of each other I recommended not using that injector(s) and replacing with a injector that flows within the came CC range.. Now on a Fishing/recreational motor that never sees over 6200 RPM its a totally different story. In short a Electronic Fuel Injector is nothing but a Sealed solenoid that opens and closes a needle (Pintle) and seat (Pintal Seat) when it receives a electrical pulse from the ECU Driver circuit.

Please read #2 & #3 completely!!! Click image for larger version. 

Name:	injectorcutaway.jpg 
Views:	165 
Size:	72.5 KB 
ID:	446785

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Smith View Post
    All liquid additives “work” BUT no substitute for removal and have a injector company clean , flow and calibrate I’ve used Brucato for 20 years batting 1000 with my stuff ....
    JMO. JAY
    Last edited by HStream1; 08-15-2019 at 06:25 AM.
    Bud Conner "Heathen" "Defending Our Constitution"

FOR ALL ENGINE APPLICATIONS
    DRY Film Lubricant for Piston Skirts & Cranks + Thermal Barrier Ceramic Coatings for Piston Tops, Combustion Chambers, Valves etc !!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don’t think the op ever doubted the importance of getting injectors checked, only wanted opinions on best additive to add in fuel tank for best maintenance.

In the Automotive world we are able to analyze injector performance by using fuel trim/alpha/lambda, cylinder balance etc. If we find an injector not up to par we try cleaning with high powered cleaners that cannot be put in tank and remonitor. If it’s fixed, we’re done. If not, it’s getting a new one, we don’t send em off and all that bull. Now on Outboard’s, I also send to be checked, I’m not sending them to be fixed, main reason is to be checked because have no way of of monitoring in this type system. The before and after numbers you see is just what the cleaning helped, and when you get the hey, this ones out if spec and needs to be changed, it’s no different than what we do In Automotive without ever pulling one out the motor.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont think theres much you can run as an additive that will do the job 100% because of long sit times between uses for most of us, especially in the off season. Air Fuel ratio is critical in a two stroke much more so than a four stroke and servicing the injectors occasionally is a WISE plan. Cleaned and flow tested as mentioned earlier is key to a balanced set. On boosted car builds we roasted up a few engines due to injectors not flowing what they were supposed too. Learned the hard way $$$

I'll be getting mine cleaned and flowed this winter as I go over many things. I doubt its ever been done so I'll post the data and type see how they held up since 98
    Hydrostream dreamin

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The BG products are very very good.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thats two solid members bumping the BG. Gonna have to try it thanks fellas.

What one do you mix in with the gas? How much by volume you running?
    Hydrostream dreamin

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    44K is the preventative additive that goes in tank. BG has program that if you start using their additives before X amount of miles and use regularly as suggested and a component fails, in the case a fuel component they will pay X amount of dollars toward repair depending on when you stated using it and which additive you use. That’s what you call having faith in product and standing behind it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I googled these and found it interesting. BG 44K Marval Mystery Oil & Sea Foam comparisons.

https://youtu.be/tX-h62PUu0o?t=297 https://youtu.be/J3F3jDa2xhg?t=2

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C...4dUDCAo&uact=5

DRY Film Lubricant for Piston Skirts & Cranks + Thermal Barrier Ceramic Coatings for Piston Tops, Combustion Chambers, Valves etc !!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HStream1 View Post
    As far a Any company claiming they can Calibrate a faulty injector???? I CALLBS BS!!!!!!! These injectors that most of us are currently referring to are machine Crimp sealed and cannot!! I repeat cannot be taken apart and calibrated or parts replaced!!!. I have challenged these false claims from the beginning.
    Uncle Bud,
    Let me help you with a bit of tunnel (no pun ) vision here.

#1 ) it has nothing to do with the injector ..

#2 ) .......>

The going rate N, S, E, and West seems to be $25 ( retail ) to service an injector. And it's the same down the street at the place I use :

http://fuelinjectorclinic.com/MarineCleaning

$25 x 6 = $150

I remember when they started in one little bay. Now they have the whole building. Sell fuel rail, harnesses, build their own line of injectors ... Six people on the phones, warehouse staff, a dozen cleaning-flow stations .. etc, etc ...

Retail price is still $25 Folks that known em since day one ... a lil better

Now lets calibrate :

What if you haven't grown past one machine and have become bored with "only" $150 a set. ( didn't that sound so much nicer than ******* greedy)
    I have had couple guys who "insisted" that I send their injectors "off" to be serviced.
    Each time there was a $75 calibration charge added. Me being the curious type, and always up for a good story I called to find out that three injectors needed to be adjusted. Two were pretty easy and the third took some time ... but they got it !
    I thanked em for everything as i added a finger tip smudge of Vasoline to the bill. That way we both had to work at keeping a straight face as we exchanged pleasantries ..

Minor calibration = 2 customers with 3 out of adjustment injectors each

$25 x 6 =$150 + $75 = $225 ea

So in the big picture, my two guys bank accounts were needlessly "recalibrated" an additional total of $150

Major calibration :

Now do the math of the added hit on 2 - 3 motors a week for 20 years program

Ohh Myyy ..

13. Thanks .william1945 thanked for this post
    Likes vnemous liked this post
    Silverton section of Toms River, NJ/Stuart, Florida
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Calibration = marketing ploy

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could you please further Articulate on that statement Mr? I do know a mechanical Diesel injector can be calibrated. But The Crimp sealed Electronic Injectors Cannot be Calibrated (i.e. Shimmed, adjusted etc to increase or decrease the flow)

Quote Originally Posted by vnemous View Post
    Calibration = marketing ploy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2