Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Findre View Post
    I had a no start condition and pulled the ECM plugs and tested a14,A15,A16 and A17 to A23. All 4 pins pairs tested 5.092k.

Does this mean that they are sharing the same bad resistors? or is the resistance value number wrong in the schematic?.

I pulled the connector on A15 and it started right up once reconnected ECM plugs. This seems to blow the bad A15 theory if the other I'll inputs are the same.

Am I dealing with software issues and not hardware issues??
    Are the 5.092k readings to pin A22, the gnd or A23 V+. You should be checking to A23. Those inputs can't share a resistor but you are correct that they should all be the same reading.

If your voltage is dropping at the ECM while cranking that could be the problem and could be easily tested with the volt meter between ECM gnd (C15, C16 or C24) and V+ (B17 or B18).

Sorry for the delay...I just bought a boat and was driving 5 hours to get it.

98 Laveycraft Sebring 20.2 Tunnel 280 "catchin" motor. 90s? It's enough for me!
    96 Cougar 23 MTR twin 300XS's. Currently in an "update controls and interior" mode.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was A23. I hear the injectors and fuel pumps, so I don't think B17 and B18 will help me for a Voltage drop. I did notice the RPMs drop a little with the trim being used. Maybe corrosion at the salve solenoid? Too dang hot down here to mess with it. Ill play around once it cools down.

BTW I bought a LoadPro so that may help me pin point the problem fast. I should be here in a few days and I'll check back.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trim dropping rpm is around here the wire in the remote rubbing through it’s case. Merc I think 100 and 400 hidden box remote with the metal shift where the wire comes out of the hidden box and up to the switch is where they rub.

We check them when one comes in as a standard, my personal one has eaten through twice

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Fin, see if this helps ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2