Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

okTook some time and rigged 19 Eliminator 200xs ROS

1980 19 Elimintor - Kevlar bottom and gen2 200xs 15 inch clamp and 1.75 gears. Enjoying getting to know these 2 pieces of engineering - hoping a bunch of uys have set these up . Sportmaster is sitting level centre prop haft and I have 15 degrees of trim available pretty even. Nose of sporty is sitting 8 inches off the centre sponson . Hull is centre sponson - convex 4" in centre tapers off 5 inches before transom . I am taking level from the the side of the convex centre of 1 " height. Is that correct or should I be from centre level on that portion of the hull.If that' the case I am 1" above. . I ask running a mirage plus 25 so underssand some of the issue I believe . Boat doesn' feel like it' is getting aired out . I' only breaking this in and have only been running 4-5 rpm and its the prop or the setup , I suspect I should go up but steering is all eady a tad non responsive at 60 mph . Water pressure is 15 so excellent . So Bullitt is submerged. Am I still too low. . Asking up . The power and hull seems to be all that if I can set this up .i am not going to change height and use a better prop to assess the Rpm and how it flys . . With the cupping in this MPlus I doubt it will pull the 6700- 7000 Rpm. I have another member using a 24 drag 4 and bumping limiter on an Allison at 85 . That should be an indicator I would suspect . Talk it up if you can - I could use the experience here . This hull is over 38 years old so a few have had them . I pulled the vents on the prop and I thought it got worse on hole shot . Pictures can be available kellytheaker@hotmail.com I can' post. Thanks
    Last edited by kellytheaker; 07-16-2019 at 01:04 PM. Reason: Wording

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    try posting some piks of transom height,run a strait edge or 5' carpenters level on bottom of boat touching tip of bullet on lower
    "Whacker Smacker" #561 IHBA M/E div1 2007& 2006 first looser champion
    2007 Sportsmen Driver of the Year

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I am unable to post pictures but did provide an address to be able to share . I did place a level on the hull and I am running right down the prop shaft center when in the middle of trim arc of 15* short trim ram. So I'm level with the center pod running surface . I' running a prop - Mirage plus that is not a performer on this type of hull - I have read they don' like to be surfaced .

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kellytheaker View Post
    I am unable to post pictures but did provide an address to be able to share . I did place a level on the hull and I am running right down the prop shaft center when in the middle of trim arc of 15* short trim ram. So I'm level with the center pod running surface . I' running a prop - Mirage plus that is not a performer on this type of hull - I have read they don' like to be surfaced .
    ya,you would be better off with a over hub exhaust prop like chopper/ET/mazco/hoss or PP
    "Whacker Smacker" #561 IHBA M/E div1 2007& 2006 first looser champion
    2007 Sportsmen Driver of the Year

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks - i am trying to aquire a 24-25 pitch ET, Pro max . ect i am not that knowledgable when i am reading the props for sale to know what Mazco - Hoss -or PP style matches that cut . I know Spinelli contacted me through private message and with all the info i handed off - i only got a recomendation of a DR4 .pitch? nothing else . I did cruise by BB blades and pro max 24-25 pitch is $850 vs used at 4-5. keep . yes i want to have a discussion on prop styles and what each produces for lift stern or bow - or both . these hulls eliminator 19 ft mod tunnel have been around and i would think its a usual prop that works great . i will add the 200xs with the offshore clamp does sit at the rubrail at rest - a tad heavy with the battery and motor and it has a very well made setback bracket that wraps right over the stern and back into stringers like the V8 stuff they where making for the vdrives . that has to add a bit of weight as well . S0 do you want a prop producing a bit more stern lift ?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Level with prop centre line of prop shaft and pad .

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190716_113045.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	414.4 KB 
ID:	445412Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190716_112929.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	457.5 KB 
ID:	445413Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190716_113034.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	446.2 KB 
ID:	445414

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I have read threads that talked of pics showing sideways - not sure how to correct , but gave it a shot and easilly posted posted a picture with the thread . Now is level with the pad on this is not really level because 6inches forward of this flat pad of the center pod is a convex 4-5 portion that runs forward . So the level is sitting on the flat portion of the pad beside this bubble. So am I good at this setting or do I need to go up . I had a lend of 2 props and the 24 drag 4 worked well and performed easilly to 6800 and 80 or so and I would start letting off due to my inexperience with the rig . There is no transom lift so I can' change on the fly . Tried 28 hydromotive and it performed well but I was experiencing 6 grand and it wasn' gaining rpm easilly so backed off and suspect a lift would have allowed this to spin further into the rpm range . So it' seeming like a 26 may be a good fit . The question is where should this be set at for height and perform well .