Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ahhh solid info there especially re the lower. Now I get the draw on the big bearing ratchet cases, thanks.

I’ll check that it’s vented elsewhere or replace the vent cap. It makes perfect sense to me now I’m a bit foggy today I should have known that.
    Hydrostream dreamin

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So im thinking tune up and service before running so I can be sure its tip top and if Im missing anything, let me know.

1. new water pump
    2. new fuel filter
    3. new fuel lines and hoses
    4. new lower unit lube
    5. new plugs

I have other things on the list that I wont do before lake testing; solid mounts, oil inj delete, black box delete, LWP, trim on wheel. First shake down run Im not looking to air it out much, just run it a while and get to know it for a day or two. Really need to get out on the water more than I need to fly it to the max so if you can think of any must do's I didnt list above fire away!
    Hydrostream dreamin

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LakeFever View Post
    So im thinking tune up and service before running so I can be sure its tip top and if Im missing anything, let me know.

1. new water pump
    2. new fuel filter
    3. new fuel lines and hoses
    4. new lower unit lube
    5. new plugs

I have other things on the list that I wont do before lake testing; solid mounts, oil inj delete, black box delete, LWP, trim on wheel. First shake down run Im not looking to air it out much, just run it a while and get to know it for a day or two. Really need to get out on the water more than I need to fly it to the max so if you can think of any must do's I didnt list above fire away!
    Sounds like you're on the right track! I always pull the liner and drill the can when I do solid mounts. I have a new set of the high pressure rubber lines that go in the cowl, fuel filter, and a set of VST seals at the shop. PM me if interested, I'll dig them out. It's pretty expensive stuff new.
    Josh Peterson

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The guy with the Sportmaster lower case has a bunch of "old new stuff" I can raid so i may indeed take you up on that but I'm gonna see what hes got first LOL hes a character who gathers up things, uses em once, and moves on to the next and never sells anything. Must be nice! Smart man though, owns a bunch of patents.Anyways its definitely an FF block I was just looking over it and its stamped FF on the side so thats good right? Has the tag from the Merc inspector and white marking paint on it both sides 200efi. Pretty cool

As for drilling the can I do WANT to do this but I would also like to have the option to run quiet as well. Anyone work out a way to put removable plugs in the can so we can have loud/quiet whenever we want?
    Hydrostream dreamin

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone know the part numbers for the base gaskets I need to add solid mounts to this motor?
    Hydrostream dreamin

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    look up boats.net it will be a very good resource for all your parts questions as it is a exact duplicate of Mercury's EPC Midas and merc. net which i have both from years of motor rebuilding find a 200 promax ecu it has a 6750 rev limit on early models however i have twisted stock ecus like A8 to 6200 on my Bullet so you should be able to top that as you boat is lighter i like trophys for all around prop for load a carry and general boating wheel you can also so surface this prop ive done it forever on my Boat but my boat weight is 1050 lbs so i does not launch like my Allison but much easier to drive

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for that site info. That’s very handy and very comprehensive I will use that often I’m sure.

As for the promax ecu it seems sourcing a used one is the only option? Is the brucato as good or better way to fly here? I’m going to leave that part stock for this year the season is getting short and I still have enough work to do on this thing so I have time to sort out the ecu and this leaves some gains for later.

So what say y’all? Promax or brucato?
    Hydrostream dreamin

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Brucato, can b retuned for diff builds,

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah fare enough. As for the ProMax ECU any year ProMax ECU is compatible?
    Hydrostream dreamin

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i currently own 3 acus 2 flashed for 225 pmax's both run like ****!!!! i have a acu reflashed for a 200 promax which ive installed on a fresh 200 efi new remaned by me and james perry 6 new sleeves pistons bearings clean and flowed injectors matched to less then 1% difference( which i do in house) cris carson reeds and some other things ive learned over the years it been reflashed with custom flash with 7500 limiter and runs very crisp with 140lbs compression James is teaching himself how to re flash brucatos because merc brain s are getting hard to find and some time not so swell ask me i have so many junkers its mind blowing. which is one of the main reason i quit rebuilding no good brains but if james gets it down ill be rebuilding again with brucatos and adding it to the price i have not had good luckwith them though but with perry turning the screws ill take a chance

11. Thanks nitro_rat thanked for this post
    Likes Merc 2.5, nitro_rat liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, that all makes perfect sense and I can relate to it somewhat having experience with boosted car builds and tuning challenges. Once the mods start it’s very hard to achieve tip top performance and reliability.

Is there a tuning software for the stock merc ecu available?
    Hydrostream dreamin

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ive not heard off any program for parameter changes on the digital ECU to moving fuel curve out for more rpms for the 824003 ecus i know same way program thats on it can be repaired along with map sensor and fuel pump driver which are common hiccups for these units i have some good running ecus with map sensor out and fuel pump driver, driver can be rigged around ecu ive done it o my own stuff but wont sell i on a rebuild

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks again

Im going over this thing today and the lines under the cowl are all in excellent shape so I decided to leave them. Im going to leave the oil injection and all the black box stuff on for the shake down run because its running great as it is and I dont want to mess with it until I know what Im working with. Initially the boat I bought with it I thought was in need of a restoration, which i will probably still do but it has a new core, floor, and rock solid transom. Its the gel that is rough underneath theres ssues with the gel on the pad but I'll start another thread in the right section for that. I pumped out all the old gas which smelled decent but no chances on it its fresh hi-test only going in this from now on. I still have a water pump to install, change the lower unit fluid and some interior clean up and its ready to go mechanically speaking.

Busy days but it will be in the water soon
    Hydrostream dreamin

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This was suppose to be a reply to quote about drilling the can. Not sure why it didnt come.up.

You can always run a tap in the holes u drill and get sum short Allen head screws that can b put in from outside , I'm sure it's been done but these r my thoughts if I was to drill mine , should b able "tune" the slip by adding 1 at time also?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thats a neat idea. I've been thinking about some sort of electric cut out so i can hit the loud button from the drivers seat. Does anyone have any pics of the ideal spot to drill? I found an old thread that had raving comments about a members suggestion on where to drill but the pics were gone
    Hydrostream dreamin

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast